IGNORED

Day for Night Festival

nizzleone

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i honestly may see sophie over sp depending on what set he's playing. i could totally stand to see shobaleader again but seeing another seizure inducing lightshow with that searing high end may be too much for me -_-

i honestly may see sophie over sp depending on what set he's playing. i could totally stand to see shobaleader again but seeing another seizure inducing lightshow with that searing high end may be too much for me -_-

Ah, good to know... not a big fan of ocular and auditory assaults myself...

i'm referencing ufab tour fyi. dunno if damogen tour was as bad but it certainly seemed like it would be having heard the album and seen the tour previews. also, i've read a fair number of people on here who enjoyed it so to each their own. with my small group of friends i was the only person to sit through the entire show. i think everyone else ducked out early to see hawtin which was max borefest

I'm really surprised and disappointed that John Carpenter's set conflicts with Aphex. I did not anticipate that. I feel like Richard would be curious to see him too, i wonder how he feels about it.
Butthole Surfers, Arca or Little Dragon is a decision i will have to make in the moment.

TOBACCO and Thundercat playing overlapping is a bummer too, i'm gonna catch the first half of TOBACCO and run over to see Thundercat. I have seen TOBACCO's latest tour but it has been a few years since i have seen Thundercat.

"Bjork Digital" is closing out the festival Sunday, 11:30-2. I feel like it has been confirmed many times that this is a DJ set but i still have hope that it could be something special...

I'm really surprised and disappointed that John Carpenter's set conflicts with Aphex. I did not anticipate that. I feel like Richard would be curious to see him too, i wonder how he feels about it.

Butthole Surfers, Arca or Little Dragon is a decision i will have to make in the moment.

TOBACCO and Thundercat playing overlapping is a bummer too, i'm gonna catch the first half of TOBACCO and run over to see Thundercat. I have seen TOBACCO's latest tour but it has been a few years since i have seen Thundercat.

"Bjork Digital" is closing out the festival Sunday, 11:30-2. I feel like it has been confirmed many times that this is a DJ set but i still have hope that it could be something special...

Yeah thats a bummer. Gonna watch Tobacco over Thundercat for sure. While I will go to Butthole Surfers thats a real big toss up between 3 great acts.

Also I took off Monday expecting Aphex on Sunday. Kinda shocked TBH

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm really glad I saw Tobacco earlier this year, otherwise that conflict with Chelsea Wolfe would be murder. Other than having to miss John Carpenter, Saturday doesn't seem so bad upon further analysis. Butthole Surfers/Arca/Little Dragon is a travesty, though, and Matmos/Lightning Bolt is a toughie. A 2.5 hour Björk DJ set seems like a missed opportunity, so hopefully it's better than it's being billed. 

Shit, I guessed Washed Out was dropped.

Not a huge loss there, IMO, unless his live show has gotten better in the past couple years...

Ive seen him twice. Just curious why.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

i'm super stoked for you guys that get to endure a 2 hour set from richard, but i'm not anticipating any quality recordings of the set. i really hope some aphex stan stands around with their iphone filming richard's whole set.

i'm super stoked for you guys that get to endure a 2 hour set from richard, but i'm not anticipating any quality recordings of the set. i really hope some aphex stan stands around with their iphone filming richard's whole set.

Or an enterprising guest could perhaps ask for a soundboard plugin...

I really want to see Matmos, especially with the small chance that Bjork would join them and sing some tunes they did back on Vespertine. If i missed that i would be devastated. I just found out about Lightening Bolt but they seem unmissable. I think i'm gonna take my chances on no Bjork pop-in happening and see them.

i mean i can certainly bring my minidisc recorder...

It's a testament to my own solipsism regarding Aphex Twin's importance that I assumed he would close the festival. I had images of artists and punters alike in a Bohemian Grove processional coming to pay tribute en masse. It turns out that he's just another noisemaker slotted in with everyone else. This will be challenging.

Same here. Seeing Kaskade close the festival whereas Aphex Twin headlines Saturday is like, I dunno, seeing Neil Diamond closing over Neil Young or something.*

*Neil's used out of convenience / laziness 

that would be proper lush if someone was able to and released it to the public!

Shit, I guessed Washed Out was dropped.

Yet another reason for me to simply go meet and greet Aphex and co. and then vamoose

No JR we the WATMMites must find you!

daddywithkids.jpg

I'm sure I'll say hi... just not sure exactly how just yet.

Archived