IGNORED

THE TUSS non-EP trax

Brandon

Touche, Triachus. I was just being a snob and hypocrite. (I'm working on a track of my own at the moment using genuine farts for percussion.) I guess what's really the offensive thing to me is when pretenders seek attention using the identity of others. As a recording artist myself that's offensive to me. It's like saying, "I am not good enough to take seriously. Here, pretend I'm this or that other artist instead." But boredom has always motivated people to various measures.

but of course I'm not interested (never was, really) in that kind of gross-out joke music...

etc

but of course

Touche, Triachus. I was just being a snob and hypocrite. (I'm working on a track of my own at the moment using genuine farts for percussion.) I guess what's really the offensive thing to me is when pretenders seek attention using the identity of others. As a recording artist myself that's offensive to me. It's like saying, "I am not good enough to take seriously. Here, pretend I'm this or that other artist instead." But boredom has always motivated people to various measures.

Or they just did it for the rush, the adaptation, and the general backwardness of the act.

Everything besides the two EP's are not AFX but made by a few watmmers. The end.

That's an overstatement.  I'm certain plenty was bunk, but some of it was legit.  At a minimum, we know that 180db was posted on one of the MySpace pages (or a clip of it) many years before its proper release on Syro.  Beyond that, a handful of the other clips sound quite plausible to me (mug bass, bank 4 step, 10_5_06) and they were generally all collected on the same pages.

Everything besides the two EP's are not AFX but made by a few watmmers. The end.

That's an overstatement.  I'm certain plenty was bunk, but some of it was legit.  At a minimum, we know that 180db was posted on one of the MySpace pages (or a clip of it) many years before its proper release on Syro.  Beyond that, a handful of the other clips sound quite plausible to me (mug bass, bank 4 step, 10_5_06) and they were generally all collected on the same pages.

No. Wrong. Mug bass and all those others are made by EOD, th'idiot and impakt (and maybe others). That 180db was sourced from a soundboard recording of an AFX gig he did in 2005, that was well known (the Snowbombing set).

Hint: one of the above mentioned producers has even been posting a lot in this very thread.

I recently discovered that The Tuss was Richard D. James incognito (confirmed by the man himself)

source?

lol

You're joking, of course, since everyone's known since forever, but this is the most I remember from the horse's mouth and confirms there's more Tuss in the vaults

Why is it so convoluted to put a picture on the internet?!

post-19680-0-99751300-1475267493_thumb.png

Also the fact the he released an early version of synthacon. I think it was in that one interview.

This one:

EDIT: also this answers the OP's question. Because this is a tuss track that wasn't on the EPs ahahahahhaha I win.

EDIT: also more proof that aphex = tuss is the description on Love 7 on soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/user18081971/love-7

EDIT: also more proof is his comment: 

@matthew-brown: yeah tht was one of my fave ever sites used it on a few released trax, like the beginning of death fuck.

Also the fact the he released an early version of synthacon. I think it was in that one interview.

EDIT: also this answers the OP's question. Because this is a tuss track that wasn't on the EPs ahahahahhaha I win.

Calm down, that was already mentioned on page one.

Calm down, that was already mentioned on page one.

awwwww fuck u are correct sir

• 2 weeks later...

Archived