IGNORED

Richard worked w/ Korg on the new Monologue Synth :)

Icct

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agree that it doesn't sound great (although I'm sure with some time you'd be able to coax some cool sounds out of it) but for the price it seems worth checking out. The bass and acid(ish) lines sound a lot better than the latest Roland 303 abomination so fair play to Korg for at least trying to move forwards with new sounds and tunings. I like FM synths so won't get into Analog > Digital but for some that will be a positive too. 

Obviously it's pretty cool and surprising to hear that Aphex is involved. Would like to hear an ep ala Cheetah to hear what he could do with it... or maybe an Analordesque album with the Volca's :) 

Edited by Alan Ord

I wish it was a poly, or that they made a rack version that allowed for poly chaining as well. Korg is lit af

14:52 - How are there different sounds within the same sequence? or is it just the same sound modulated? It's sounds really nice

Modulation of filter decay and resonance I reckon.

This thing is gonna be dank for writing loopy sequences. Nice and focused.

14:52 - How are there different sounds within the same sequence? or is it just the same sound modulated? It's sounds really nice

Modulation of filter decay and resonance I reckon.

This thing is gonna be dank for writing loopy sequences. Nice and focused.

Its like we got Dan from Akai all over again, the Sweetwater Demos sound not good. The Korg Demos on their soundcloud sound good

Edited by digman

Guest bitroast

they even say in the sweetwater demo that they just got the unit and are pretty much getting the video out there as quickly as possible. the demos about being first more than it is about being a good demo. i'm still curious about this thing !

sure it's attacking an already tired and exhaustive market with it being analogue mono .. but the step sequencer seems easy and the four parameter edit seems easy and fluid. could be good ???

they even say in the sweetwater demo that they just got the unit and are pretty much getting the video out there as quickly as possible. the demos about being first more than it is about being a good demo. i'm still curious about this thing !

sure it's attacking an already tired and exhaustive market with it being analogue mono .. but the step sequencer seems easy and the four parameter edit seems easy and fluid. could be good ???

its best to try the device out in person, I know I'm excited for it... I was lucky enough to find a minilogue while in NYC and bought it without trying it.  luckily I like it.  but it does have some issues and the updates pop up randomly.  There are still a few things that need tweaking which I hope they'll do but there's hardly any communication between korg and users unless someone can point me to a forum or something.  It would be amazing if some of these new features could be given to the minilogue like the automation lanes on screen, micro-tuning etc.

anyway, I hope sonicstate will do a presentation on one.  I'm hearing these won't be available until January 2017 which sucks.

I liked the minilogue.It has a particular sound.Got pretty dark and haunting tones when i tried it.

This seems be pretty cool too.

Afx trying to go the Devine way now?this could lead to NICE stuff!!

I liked the minilogue.It has a particular sound.Got pretty dark and haunting tones when i tried it.

This seems be pretty cool too.

Afx trying to go the Devine way now?this could lead to NICE stuff!!

funny you mention that.  I know Richard Devine was involved w/ the minilogue initially but there were a few official korg videos w/ him and the unit that were made private for some reason yet his Akai Rhythm Wolf stuff is still out there... either way, i hope he (RDJ) spends more time on tracks than working on equipment (but i'm not opposed if he decides to) I could be wrong but it seems like Richard Devine does more sound design & product endorsements than releasing tracks now.