...or, this place is a haven for sadists

You tell me, Zeff

Watmm doesn't seem like some BOC gnostic paradise from here

But yeah it's LimpyLoo's supposed mental issues

Because metaphors are "nonsense" if you don't like the sound of them

Or the person saying them

What a beautiful community this place aspires to be

Count me in

Metaphors are excellent and beautiful and I very often think your posts are full of great ones.  But unless they are accompanied with literal translations, they make the assumption that the reader can make the mental leap to map the semantics between the public language of the metaphor and the private language of the writer.  This assumption is safe many times if the reader and writer have a common background and level of knowledge about a particular topic, but if they don't then the mapping is impossible or requires potentially unsafe assumptions

If you can't re-align the metaphors with literal translations that people who aren't you can understand, then they are useless and you've failed the task of being a writer - conveying a message to others

If you are wholly unable to do this then you are either a genius among idiots or you are suffering from loose associations, a common symptom of psychs and many mental issues.  We've all got something and we've all been there before for some reason or another

Once again, zero malice

I'm talking about this thread

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/92652-revenge-of-weekend-at-limpyloos-2-boogaloos-revenge/

You're assuming too much about the reader's knowledge of your own internal metaphors - you're talking to yourself, not to others.  Yeah, maybe it's decipherable, but it would take tons of effort

Get really drunk and see whether you still understand your own writing completely.  (Don't do this, but maybe you see what I'm saying)

Maybe I'm just dumb and I don't get it, but I think I'm reasonably smart and I know you are too so I don't think that's it.  

Please post example of "nonsense"

I like to talk about actual specific things

Not vague suggestions that certain members are 'off meds' because of their 'nonsense'

What are you referring to, exactly?

I'm talking about this thread

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/92652-revenge-of-weekend-at-limpyloos-2-boogaloos-revenge/

You're assuming too much about the reader's knowledge of your own internal metaphors - you're talking to yourself, not to others. Yeah, maybe it's decipherable, but it would take tons of effort

Get really drunk and see whether you still understand your own writing completely. (Don't do this, but maybe you see what I'm saying)

Maybe I'm just dumb and I don't get it, but I think I'm reasonably smart and I know you are too so I don't think that's it.

Yes, I was talking to the people who already like to hear me out

If you don't know what a "babel monster' is

Or the "veil of maya" (wiki dat, yo!)

Well firstly, notice the quotation marks

Because they are not arbitrary

Turns out they kinda mean 'figurative language/metaphor'

But yes I guess telling Limpy to go back on meds

Will do just fine, thank you

Cheers "mate"

How about I follow you around, Zeff

And question your mental health

Sounds like a fair deal to me

Anytime you post, I will tell you to go on meds

Weird metaphor? Put Zeff on meds, obviously

What a beautiful way to talk to someone

Jeez

(Should I give that I try? or just the one-way street with that?

Please lemme know)

p.s. I don't watch anime

You are talking nonsense

Seek a psychiatrist so you can go on medication

Because you need it

Veil of the maya = metalcore band

https://www.google.com/search?q=veil+of+maya&oq=veil+of+maya&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Babel monster = a bunch of digimon stuff

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=babel+monster

Scrolling down more though I see references elsewhere such as this site so I take it back overall.  

Anyway I'm done

And I never followed you around lol I've only posted in this thread, and only a few times?

Oh jeez no dude

google harder

'Veil of maya' = (e.g.) the wizard of oz curtain

It means not seeing what is actually there

But I see you are trying your best not to understand me

Maybe you should try some depakote or seroquel for your mental illness

Because you are a deeply Ill person

Listen, don't take this the wrong way

But you need to be heavily medicated

Because I don't like how you act or what metaphors you use

Dude, you are kind of a sadist

Get away from me, please

I am not a fan of yours anymore

limpy heard the phrase on a joe rogan podcast, don't sweat it

You guys seem to love sadism

So let's try that whole two-way-street thing again:

I see you're still that sunny person we've all come to know and love

How's the hunt for a girlfriend going?

I bet tomorrow's the day!

Totally a person would want to be with you

Spend their life with you

Yay sadism

Yeah, I'm done with this shithole

"Peace," you beautiful souls.

I will say Limpy, WATMM is best used for IDM music talk. Intellectual stuff... eh.. I don't know about that. If you want more methodically like-minded people talking about this kind of stuff, there are forums dedicated to it. And I'm sure there are many of them. I used to be a member of the philosophy forum. No one took anything personally. A disagreement didn't end with insults. From what I remember.

Btw, I will go back and check out any book recommendations that might catch my eye whenever I'm in the mood.

Limpy, your tit-for-tat strategy isn't working. Unless your desired outcome is to push people away and get a temp ban in the process. 

Almost everyone is writing sarcastic posts toward the guy, you can barely blame him for getting mad. Basically insulting him by telling him he has a mental illness... telling him he must be on drugs...telling him he should go take his long posts and go write a book. And now he's doing tit-for-tat?

What is wrong with this thread.

Lots of people are waltzing in the thread in the middle of him being pissed off and assuming everything is his fault. 

Archived