IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

Can we just throw Orange Scrotum and Fat Boy into the ring and let them have at it while we munch on popcorn? It would be a hell of a lot better way for them to settle their differences.

lol the FBI raided Manafort's house. This shit is moving quicker than expected, I think that's maybe bad for Trump? Maybe it's really good though, I dunno.

I thought Trump just appointed a new FBI director? So much for loyalty lol

lol the FBI raided Manafort's house. This shit is moving quicker than expected, I think that's maybe bad for Trump? Maybe it's really good though, I dunno.

I thought Trump just appointed a new FBI director? So much for loyalty lol

That raid was weeks ago but just made public, so Mueller probly got the warrant approved before the new FBI pawn hit the ground.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/fbi-conducted-predawn-raid-of-former-trump-campaign-chairman-manaforts-home/2017/08/09/5879fa9c-7c45-11e7-9d08-b79f191668ed_story.html?utm_term=.38144fff6749

I wonder what it will take for Twitter to finally shut down his account. I mean initiating WWIII must surely violate one of its guidelines?

Edited by zero

So do we think Drumpf is actually stupid enough to nuke a foreign country, or just use conventional warfare to cripple their nuclear capability? I can't imagine the Joint Chiefs would sign off on launching an actual warhead, knowing the fallout that would rain down on S Korea, China and Japan. This seems more like a Gulf War I scenario, with the added bonus of evacuating the entire Southern Korea peninsula. So then where do those people go, Japan? Philippines? Guam? Not likely. But then again, this is a very stupid man who thinks he is intelligent.

It would be really, really unprecedented if we did an airstrike and/or any other assault. 

Keep this in perspective, every invasion we've done since WWII was against non-nuclear states: Korea pre-USSR nukes, Vietnam, Panama, Gulf War I & Iraq War, Grenada, Bosnia, Somalia, etc. not to mention the strikes on Libya, Sudan, etc. were all non-nuclear armed states. Iraq had chemical agents and a program but it was dealt with by Iran and Israel.

As much as the US and USSR battled via proxy states and proxy wars, detente kept direct attacks completely off the table. That's why incidents like the Cuban Missile crisis (not to mention a slew of then classified or the overlooked other incidents) so damn scary

The US had planes and helos shot down by the DPRK. The ROK has lost men and ships to DPRK skirmishes and attacks. The DPRK has lost troops to skirmishes. The DRPK has committed terrorist attacks. Tensions were high but not once has the US responded with military action and strikes. Every POTUS since Truman has had to deal with the DPRK and every single one did so firmly but responsibly. North Korea is fucking with us because we have a hothead in power. They want the attention, they want to be taken seriously, they want to assert power in the region. Trump is feeding these motives.

Edited by joshuatx

So do we think Drumpf is actually stupid enough to nuke a foreign country, or just use conventional warfare to cripple their nuclear capability? I can't imagine the Joint Chiefs would sign off on launching an actual warhead, knowing the fallout that would rain down on S Korea, China and Japan. This seems more like a Gulf War I scenario, with the added bonus of evacuating the entire Southern Korea peninsula. So then where do those people go, Japan? Philippines? Guam? Not likely. But then again, this is a very stupid man who thinks he is intelligent.

what's the process for declaring war or, well, nuking a country for US govt? I'm assuming it's not just Trump's decision.

It would be really, really unprecedented if we did an airstrike and/or any other assault.

Keep this in perspective, every invasion we've done since WWII was against non-nuclear states: Korea pre-USSR nukes, Vietnam, Panama, Gulf War I & Iraq War, Grenada, Bosnia, Somalia, etc. not to mention the strikes on Libya, Sudan, etc. were all non-nuclear armed states. Iraq had chemical agents and a program but it was dealt with by Iran and Israel.

As much as the US and USSR battled via proxy states and proxy wars, detente kept direct attacks completely off the table. That's why incidents like the Cuban Missile crisis (not to mention a slew of then classified or the overlooked other incidents) so damn scary

The US had planes and helos shot down by the DPRK. The ROK has lost men and ships to DPRK skirmishes and attacks. The DPRK has lost troops to skirmishes. The DRPK has committed terrorist attacks. Tensions were high but not once has the US responded with military action and strikes. Every POTUS since Truman has had to deal with the DPRK and every single one did so firmly but responsibly. North Korea is fucking with us because we have a hothead in power. They want the attention, they want to be taken seriously, they want to assert power in the region. Trump is feeding these motives.

Remember, our navy has a vast strike force capability, before Gulf War I, no one had seen a Tomahawk missle fire off, then they did like a thousand at once, so who knows what capability the US has now, possibly crippling cyber attacks, even more advanced cruise missiles, attack drones, maybe some kind of satellite weapon? Those drone space shuttles weren't launched for nothng.

Remember, our navy has a vast strike force capability, before Gulf War I, no one had seen a Tomahawk missle fire off, then they did like a thousand at once, so who knows what capability the US has now, possibly crippling cyber attacks, even more advanced cruise missiles, attack drones, maybe some kind of satellite weapon? Those drone space shuttles weren't launched for nothng.

Good points, especially regarding the cyber attacks and space stuff. I keep forgetting those are options / "other fronts" along with traditional airstrikes and cruise missiles. The key thing always is that any consequences will fall on the ROK, China, Japan, etc., whether it's a counterattack, mass exodus of civilian refugees into China, The only Americans truly at risk right now are military personal stationed in the region.

There really is no difference "fire and fury, whatever the fuck threat" compensating for small dicks. Hitler had a micro penis as well, did we learn nothing from WWII?

Apparently I just learned Hitler had a small penis.