IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

Look at the EDM in the what people who love Trump love list

duriwsmrsvey.png

Also, guacamole is safe space. Lets rejoice in guacamole

Wow guess I have more in common with trump supporters than I thought- p much everything on that list I hate too. And I love 69

You know that photo of Flynn and Putin at the RT dinner? You know who is also at that table? Jill Stein.

flynn.jpg?1479834100

good times!

wtf is this

A former Russian Intelligence officer, who used to recruit and groom KGB assets, enjoying a leisurely meal among friends.

Russia has secretly deployed a new cruise missile despite complaints from American officials that it violates a landmark arms control treaty that helped seal the end of the Cold War, administration officials say.The move presents a major challenge for President Trump, who has vowed to improve relations with President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia and to pursue future arms accords.

https://nyti.ms/2lg8PrA 

Finally, some excitement.

Edited by doublename

Watching the White House briefing right now.. what a mess. This administration's been nothing but on the defensive since Trump became president. It's like literally all meetings about meetings and defending image and knee jerk responses to criticism. There's no efforts to implement real lasting policies or any kind of spirited movement--it's all just a bunch of defending of corruption... IN THE FIRST MONTH OF OFFICE. wtffff

This is completely and utterly absurd. The level of incompetency and amount of chaos in the Trump administration is off the charts. I'm literally embarrassed for these people, and becoming embarrassed to call myself an American right now. Certainly he can't avoid impeachment at this point, right?

Edited by Lane Visitor

It's not "will he be impeached?", it's "when will he be impeached?" and I bet you that it's going to start right at home with the republican party. They're going to try and get Mike Pence in power. That's going to potentially fuck us even harder.

my guess is there'll be more of a behind the scenes kind of impeachment where trump basically becomes a ceremonial president signing documents and the actual behind the scenes power is returned to the gop establishment (pence and friends). this will not happen overnight, but it currently looks like it is heading in that direction. whenever you see bannon dropping out, you basically know everything you need to know. but before bannon there's still a couple of people on the "need to go away" list. Expecting conway to drop out any week now. She's not sustainable. And miller...

my guess is there'll be more of a behind the scenes kind of impeachment where trump basically becomes a ceremonial president signing documents and the actual behind the scenes power is returned to the gop establishment (pence and friends). this will not happen overnight, but it currently looks like it is heading in that direction. whenever you see bannon dropping out, you basically know everything you need to know. but before bannon there's still a couple of people on the "need to go away" list. Expecting conway to drop out any week now. She's not sustainable. And miller...

clever analysis and that definitely makes sense. they say presidents are just puppets, so what you're saying is soon trump will probably literally become a puppet controlled by the gop. well i guess that would be better than the damage he could cause himself. 

thx.

also, thing is, gop is pretty powerful now. and they really don't have an interest in an actual impeachment, imo. that would also be bad for their position as they currently still support him (on the surface!). unless the russian link becomes an actual watergate kind of situation. but with flynn gone, the odds are lower for that to happen, as i'm sure there's no proof of trump being aware of what happened.

remember that trump spend virtually half his life in courts, so he's pretty conscious about not creating any traces which could lead to his involvement in anything whatsoever. saw a clip on youtube about some court hearing with the trumps where they didnt remember anything about some event and no mails or memo's existed to prove anything. if there's no recording or document of some kind, there's basically nothing. the only traces he allows to exist are his name on buildings. even his tax returns will be kept under the rug. that's innocent until proven guilty for you.

pretty important part is that the gop is perfectly fine with him not releasing his tax returns, imo. that kind of shows they'd be pretty happy with him in the white house. if trump screws up in the white house, they can always blame him as the "all powerful incompetent leader". even if he becomes the powerless ceremonial president. if they really did want to get him out, i'd expect them to actively chase his tax returns. which, as far as i can tell isnt happening atm.

if trump screws up in the white house, they can always blame him as the "all powerful incompetent leader". 

that's brilliant.. keeping trump in will actually allow them to continue doing anything they want and if anything fucks up or causes major outrage, they can just blame it on "incompetent trump". wow. 

...makes me wonder if the influencers of trump's campaign (everyone from groups to investors to russian ties) was all planned for that reason, to get someone like him in power as a puppet. *switches to Robbie mode*

Edited by Lane Visitor

I think the GOP is in a more delicate situation than people think. This Russian connection isn't going away, and is likely to escalate even more. If they impeach trump, they lose the cult of personality and all of their shit policies are laid bare with no one to sell them. If they keep him around longer, they get his stink on them even more and risk even longer term damage to the party. When it become clear they sold out the country to a foreign power and tried to do as little as possible to stop it... heh, well... They spent decades creating a monster that is currently biting them in the ass. Getting this much power isn't as fun as they hoped it would be I'm sure. 

Phone records and intercepted calls show that members of Donald J. Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign and other Trump associates had repeated contacts with senior Russian intelligence officials in the year before the election, according to four current and former American officials.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/us/politics/russia-intelligence-communications-trump.html

thx.

also, thing is, gop is pretty powerful now. and they really don't have an interest in an actual impeachment, imo. that would also be bad for their position as they currently still support him (on the surface!). unless the russian link becomes an actual watergate kind of situation. but with flynn gone, the odds are lower for that to happen, as i'm sure there's no proof of trump being aware of what happened.

remember that trump spend virtually half his life in courts, so he's pretty conscious about not creating any traces which could lead to his involvement in anything whatsoever. saw a clip on youtube about some court hearing with the trumps where they didnt remember anything about some event and no mails or memo's existed to prove anything. if there's no recording or document of some kind, there's basically nothing. the only traces he allows to exist are his name on buildings. even his tax returns will be kept under the rug. that's innocent until proven guilty for you.

pretty important part is that the gop is perfectly fine with him not releasing his tax returns, imo. that kind of shows they'd be pretty happy with him in the white house. if trump screws up in the white house, they can always blame him as the "all powerful incompetent leader". even if he becomes the powerless ceremonial president. if they really did want to get him out, i'd expect them to actively chase his tax returns. which, as far as i can tell isnt happening atm.

yeah Trump has spent a lot of time in courts- his business strategy was basically to screw over contractors and then dare them to sue. I don't think those bringing lawsuits against him typically had the funds necessary for enlisting top legal minds. like most bullies, he picked fights he was pretty sure he could win.

but this stuff is different. he has pissed off the deep state. his ship is leaking like crazy and talented lawyers are ready to take their shots. my defense of HRC was always that her career was not abnormal, it was just that for three decades, there were office floors filled with ambitious lawyers pinning their careers on digging up shit against her. well, now that sort of thing is going to materialize against trump. then again, maybe not. this is all so nuts. 

I really don't know what is going to happen. somewhere between admin regaining their footing by shifting attention elsewhere and pence just basically taking control. it does seem clear that trump just isn't up to the job. he just isn't smart enough, and worse, he doesn't really realize that yet. really can't imagine impeachment with the GOP in control, unless he floated a tax increase.

Edited by mammalsolidarity

I think the GOP is in a more delicate situation than people think. This Russian connection isn't going away, and is likely to escalate even more. If they impeach trump, they lose the cult of personality and all of their shit policies are laid bare with no one to sell them. If they keep him around longer, they get his stink on them even more and risk even longer term damage to the party. When it become clear they sold out the country to a foreign power and tried to do as little as possible to stop it... heh, well... They spent decades creating a monster that is currently biting them in the ass. Getting this much power isn't as fun as they hoped it would be I'm sure. 

As much as it embarrasses me to quote a video game..."The more power you think you have, the more quickly it slips from your grasp."

As much as it embarrasses me to quote a video game..."The more power you think you have, the more quickly it slips from your grasp."

Dude! I just started an entire thread about this very notion!

Spicer is such a fucking dweeb I can't stand it. He's like a bad caricature of himself. The SNL skit pales in comparison to the real thing. He's like a clueless 8th grade substitute teacher or a numbskull traffic cop or a frustrated crossing guard or a shitty referee. BOOOO. Just a dim fucking killjoy. Maybe that is the point, for a guy who pounded his nomination opponents for having "low energy" to pick such a straggler sperm to be his media liaison, just to completely destroy any hope that he gives a fuck about them. I'm almost more pissed about him that DeVos because he's such an unlikeable turd and I have to see his shitty face and hear his dorky voice every other time I'm catching up on news.

Just give that doofus his red Swingline and put him in the basement for fuck's sake.