IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

not sure if this has been mentioned, but the DAPL has been given the red light to finish completion (since it's was being built the whole time it was not supposed to be built). this is good news because it now means it will for sure spill and pollute the water affecting thousands of people

also, big shout-out to heidi heitkamp who correctly predicted protesting the DAPL was not winnable. why? because nobody gives a shit

the good news is, there are now 700 people with records all because they didn't want their water polluted, so at least it wasn't all for nothing

The Seattle city council just voted to cut ties with Wells Fargo, which is tied to Dakota Access. Though I'm not sure how big of an impact it would make in financially starving the pipeline project.

The DAPL crisis is significant both ecologically and as a humanitarian issue. The Lakota and the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation are the same ones being affected by this as their ancestors in the Wounded Knee massacre just over 126 years ago. Back then the belligerents were the US Army's 7th Cavalry. Now it's militarized law enforcement and private security. But at least this time it hasn't actually escalated into all-out war...yet.

Dec. 4th last year was when that group of veterans (including congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard) joined the Water Protectors at the Oceti Sakowin camp - the same day the Army (temporarily) halted construction of the pipeline. But this was still before Trump took office.

Not sure how it's gonna go down from here on out. Standing Rock definitely has more protests planned. DAPL will probably finish construction, but the Lakota have little to lose at this point, and they sure as hell don't intend on backing down.

^^^ a few of them aren't allowed to leave north dakota because they have court cases. one of my friends had his court case late last year but still can't leave because he has refused to pay his fine/court fee (or whatever they call it).

btw: more good news. KKK sympathizer jeff session is now attorney general. hey might not be racist, but he might be a racist with a terrible sense of humor  :biggrin:

The best case scenario is if Trump does something so indifensively impeachable, so damaging to the Republican Party that they actually go through with it, he'll refuse to step down. Won't all of his cabinet appointees go with him?

I hop Pence is found guilty of treason too. Fuck all of this.

I've seen what happened and I don't like it, thought it was gonna be more of a black comedy, what we got instead is a very dull car crash

I wanted trump to use his inauguration speech to make fun of rose odenell then fuck shit up and get impeach

what we got is a very calculated take down of America, trump will milk it, Bannon and Putin will enjoy watching it all burn down

Edited by Deer

The most recent talking politics podcast suggests that all this executive order muslim ban fiasco is actually a set up for the 'event' that is yet to occur...presidents need a defining event and in this case trump reaaaaaaalllllly wants to say i told u so...then the bannons etc can put the smack down on the populace with carte blanche no problems...his main issue right now is the fact that he is a laughing stock globally and locally and has very low gallup ratings (ironic given his obsession with the apprentice ratings)...the question is how much lying will the trump supporters accept...it surely reduces their own integrity to nil eventually....on a side note seeing obama kite surfing with branson really does tell the story of what the u.s system is all about...billionaires and politics intertwined....people even talk about the democrats like they are the party closest to the left which is just laughable

i'm waiting for him to get bored and fed up and just really lose it.  if he gets constantly antagonized on all fronts he could get to nixon levels of sweaty paranoia.  if some things go wrong e could turn on his advisors and lash out. 

who knows.... we don't know how stable/unstable these people are.. they're playing a good game w/yoyo-ing the media around.  

we're fucked though.  financially this country is going to go bigger on the deficit with tax cuts, destroy regulations that protect consumers, destroy the EPA etc etc... 

it's really up to the states and judicial branch to get in the way. 

Political inexperience and fragile ego are his obvious weaknesses. But I'd pay to see him get nunchucked in the neck anus.

i'd like to see him fall asleep on his back then someone could fill up the neck anus with ranch dressing and steve bannon could dip his fried cheese logs in there. 

confirms the idea Trump is just a deranged puppet and totally bemused about being in The White House, to distract whilst America gets a nationalist buttplug inserted by Bannon et al

holylol this is a goldmine

"Trump and family: like a teen movie about Wall Street vampires directed by Uday Hussein."

1768.jpg?w=1920&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&

I think I might actually bow out of this completely. I can't handle it. Last night my wife suggested we should both take a break from FB.

I had a rough last week. After years of not posting anything political I posted a couple civil but opinionated articles / posts (including one by John McCain against the immigration/refugee bad E.O.) and a bit about how I was disturbed about the Bannon move to the National Security Council. I also commented on an article that was not only a fake news clickbait but one that's been around for months.

WELL turns out that was enough to almost cause a major rift in my family. Values questioned (which they never actually ask me about). Concerns over my beliefs (which are really not the issue - I'm more concerned about facts and the potential damage Trump might do even if he's hypothetically trying to do good). These are also the same people I've not brought up politics to for years but they perpetually slip into complaints and long diatribes about Obama, the government, the decay of this country, etc. I heard them out then yet now they seem very irked I'm even speaking out at all. 

I was even chastised a bit because I publicly commented on the fake news article instead of PMing the person or calling so I wouldn't upset them...ironically this same person regularly rails against political correctness and 'self-victimization' by 'the left.'

So yeah. Since I know other friends and family are just as bothered by Trump and that others who are pro-Trump will remain steadfast and aggressive to any other opinions, facts, and even common sense in some cases I'm giving up. It's a futile exercise. I can't subject my mental and physical health to fruitlessly battling such ignorance, cynicism, stubbornness and bitter anger that feeds the steadfast Trump supporter. God I hope that they'll snap out of it before something truly horrendous occurs.

It's a tough spot josh. I know exactly where you're coming from. How people become so blinded to not acknowledge anything "their" guy does is at least questionable, is beyond me. Out of all the Presidents I've voted for, none were perfect. I could acknowledge what I may have viewed as mistakes and move on. I've never doggedly defended any of them. People want Black and White...sorry, sorry... White and black outcomes for everything. THAT DOES NOT EXIST!!! Well, rarely anyway when it comes to socio-economic solutions. Why people defend Trump to such degree escapes me. I will never understand.