IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

28 minutes ago, very honest said:

sure. i just like to point out the distinct human phenomenon for profound suffering to result from generalizing groups negatively, and how it is something that people often enjoy participating in. the holocaust, slavery, all kinds of genocide and oppression entail this behavior of painting individuals with a derisive generality. in private friend groups it's commonly lauded as amusing. i know i don't need to tell you about that, dingformung, but you prompted me to deposit some thoughts on this thing that i find relevant, these days.

it kind of seems like we evolved an instinct for the harmful act as warring tribes, and don't even realize when we are engaging in it. some people don't want to let go of using the word "faggot." it's not worth the trade-off, to them, to contribute to fighting against the strange tendency that many know causes severe suffering. offenders enjoy it too much to let it go, or don't realize that they're contributing to a strange phenomenon that manifests insanely harmful consequences.

this ties in with the rise of trump. he tapped into pent up energy of people who feel censored by increasing social norms of sensitivity. this crevice in society was targetted by cambridge analytica, it's an attack vector to exploit in psychology. people are annoyed by political correctness. sometimes you have to walk them through the logic behind the social norms of sensitivity, and point out how generalizing groups negatively is the exact thing that the nazis used to rationalize their genocide, and that slave owners used to justify their offenses, and that contributed to african americans suffering profound racism in the 20th century. they don't get the cause for caution and sensitivity.

the other piece that people don't get is that it's about not setting the example for idiots. maybe you think its harmless to engage in amusing generalizations in a private friend group, but setting the example is the culture from which malignant mutations emerge. there are traceable lineages of influence branching out from observed example, which is just basic sociology.

sounding pretty preachy, but i'm more coming from a place of finding it an interesting and signficant thing. 

I think I understand. In a confused world there is little space for nuance, so better avoid any unnecessary negativity because it could transmit to others in unpredictable ways and contribute to dangerous societal dynamics. Agreed

I'm Ashamed of WATMM Sometimes... ? 

• Like 1

Just now, Nebraska said:

this is going to be awkward if graham doesn't deliver

I always get the feeling that Graham puts on lipstick and makeup in hindsight. But that's as far as I'm going with that.

22 minutes ago, timbre monke said:

I always get the feeling that Graham puts on lipstick and makeup in hindsight. But that's as far as I'm going with that.

only caught wind of the 'obamagate' nonsense today.  trump will say anything to deflect and spice up the mayonnaise of his base. 

Graham gonna say some stupid fun shit or fart in trump's general direction. we'll see. he's a little disingenuous drama queen of a brat. the lady who does my mom's hair has told my mom more than once that Graham is definitely gay.. apparently there is some kind of hairdresser grapevine that goes from south florida up the east coast.

edit - lol.. (2nd tweet down)

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

I don't mind getting behind McGrath's campaign if only to remove one of the worst people in the senate. What a cowardly shell of a man he is.

7 hours ago, ignatius said:

this was a week ago and i'm still not over it. 

EYArBNbXQAIOMej?format=jpg&name=900x900

he's pusing the narrative that america has more cases because we have more testing! because everything is fine and he did a great job on testing. it's not that we ended up needing to test more because we have the worst outbreak, because he let the virus spread for all of february and half of march, doing nothing and misleading people. of course, the federal testing effort has been abysmal, and he left it to the states to realize that they had to take care of testing themselves, rather than having fema do it, which is what fema is for. 

that's what that is. he's been pushing this idea strategically, in many places, and it's hard to even tell what he's trying to say, sometimes. it's a strange combination of deceptive messaging aimed at covering up his failings in testing and the response in general, as well as misleading people on the point that we still need a greatly improved federal test and trace system.

and, to discount the death toll that is inconvenient for him (a third of the world's covid deaths), he's pushing the narrative that death numbers are deceptively inflated. i don't think inaccuracy in the presumed covid death count is so great that, if corrected, it would change the character of the total death count. and experts say the death toll is missing many covid deaths, such as from people dying at home. fauci testified on wednesday that he thinks the real death count is much higher than the official death count, due to such uncounted instances.

Edited by very honest

Can't have more cases if we don't have more tests.

Trump logic.
thats genius. we can also stop talking about the virus. and get back to obamagate.

btw spaceforce has a new flag. how cool is that?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

thats genius. we can also stop talking about the virus. and get back to obamagate.

btw spaceforce has a new flag. how cool is that?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

that fucking smile and stance when he moves next tot he guy holding the flag.. jesus fucking christ this guy never stops be more awkward. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ignatius said:

this guy has such a way with words.. 

https://www.alternet.org/2020/05/trump-horrifies-health-workers-by-saying-its-beautiful-to-watch-them-running-into-death/

Trump horrifies health workers by saying it’s ‘beautiful’ to watch them ‘running into death’

"beautiful" as we know is his go to adjective for just about everything. it's part of his used car / snake oil salesman shtick he's been doing since the 80's. if you add enough flattery and fluff, maybe they won't notice you're actually screwing them over. it's absurd, trite, and yet it still manages to work for him, as evidenced by the millions of red hat wearing dipshits who continually fall for it...

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Can anyone explain succinctly what the hell Obamagate is actually about?

They’re trying to say people in Obama’s administration unmasked Flynn in his phone calls to Russian ambassador Kislyak unlawfully. Not only was it legit to unmask him, but they began unmasking him a couple months before that due to some other fuckery, most likely his scheme to kidnap a guy and send him to Turkey for execution. They’re also trying to say Trump was framed for conspiring with Russia for the election. Just a big NO YOU!

Unmasking = identifying him as a person doing illegal shit in intercepts. What most people don’t understand is that the NSA has no time or need to spy on you because they have to catch an anonymous person doing illegal shit first before they can even name them in a legal document. They mostly get caught by foreign spies being listened to routinely. If you talk to hostile foreign spies, that’s your problem. Sorry, Flynn. 

It’s very desperate and looks worse for Trump the more details you get. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Can anyone explain succinctly what the hell Obamagate is actually about?

trump has been claiming obama (and hillary) had wiretapped his phones @ trump towers in order to illegally swing the election in the democrats favor. when this did not yield the dirt they required, they then implanted an informant into his presidental campaign- an operation dubbed spygate. this too failed to thwart president trump's efforts to become leader of the free world-

seeing that president trump is a man of justice- he uncovered this evil scheme to go against the will of the people, leading to the biggest political scandal the world has ever known- dubbing it obamagate (due to its similarity to the watergate scandal) and is now on course to draining the swamp of the villains that stop america from being the utopia it is destined to be by ensuring that those involved (beginning with the puppet master barry) are imprisoned for no less than 50 years

Edited by Nebraska
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dingformung said:

no clue man. thought the explanation this psychology guy gives is maybe a bit obvious but valid

yeah. it's good. my first thought though was "gloria estefan?"

• Haha 1

I can't believe that Space Force flag reveal wasn't an SNL segment. I see where they got the uhh...inspiration, for the design
Patch_starfleet_command_2000.pngSpace-Force-flag-to-be-unveiled-to-the-wspace-force-flag.jpg

(Aliens, if you're receiving this message, please liberate our country from this bullshit presidency. No one else will, or is at least capable.)

Nah man, it's just a tweaked version of the already existing USAF Space Command emblem, which has been in use since 1982.

Hell "Space Force" is just the existing USAF command separated as a new branch of the military. It was inevitable move that was talked about years before Trump ran for office, he's just gushing over it as a distraction.

800px-Air_Force_Space_Command.png