IGNORED

B12 - Electro-Soma II

cear

Pitchfork was kinda harsh to the II portion that just came out. Besides the usual hate for that website does anyone agree that the second half was underwhelming? I’m on the fence but picked up new Electro Soma 1 from bleep and looking forward to it again

i actually agreed with most of that review amazingly. first time in a while. it is true the second half has some big shoes to fill and it doesn't quite do that. with all of the b12 records archive releases i can imagine how just those selected tracks don't measure up, whereas 14 discs of tunes paint a larger picture of awesomeness. Pretty lame the review didn't even mention time tourist however. weak.

Pitchfork was kinda harsh to the II portion that just came out. Besides the usual hate for that website does anyone agree that the second half was underwhelming? I’m on the fence but picked up new Electro Soma 1 from bleep and looking forward to it again

Yeah I knew a lot of the Electro-Soma tracks from back in the day, but for whatever reason I never actually picked it up.  I used this re-release as an opportunity, but I agree that part II is underwhelming.

Video is still on the B12 page. I'm halfway through and loving it. Will be great to get a proper live recording at some point. The mixes are quite different to the album versions, Soundtrack of Space has beats etc

Archived