IGNORED

Kelela - Raven

auxien

new Kelela track just dropped, Washed Away. mostly chill, gets a bit tense as it goes. she mentions on Insta that ‘bangers are on the way’ so this as a first new track in years is maybe odd, but it’s nice so i’m not complaining.

album title not clear yet

• Like 3

Nice. Will be pre-ordering this. It's been what, 5 years since Take Me Apart, good to have her back with an album proper. 

On the lead single choice

“I love a banger, but for the first point of contact out of my hiatus, it felt more honest to lead with an ambient heart-check,” Kelela said of her first song in four years

source: https://pitchfork.com/news/kelela-returns-with-video-for-new-song-washed-away-watch/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/13/2022 at 9:08 AM, auxien said:

new Kelela track just dropped, Washed Away. mostly chill, gets a bit tense as it goes. she mentions on Insta that ‘bangers are on the way’ so this as a first new track in years is maybe odd, but it’s nice so i’m not complaining.

album title not clear yet

I'm ignorant I apologize in advance, but I'm getting total Inner-City Life (Goldie) vibes from this. Not a complaint.

I'm interested....

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

I'm ignorant I apologize in advance, but I'm getting total Inner-City Life (Goldie) vibes from this. Not a complaint.

I'm interested....

i'm not sure i've listened to Inner City Life since 199something on some late night MTV show. lush track.

can see the comparison...i imagine there's already some remixers working on adding some beats to Washed Away. it's lovely how it is tho!

but yeah Kelela definitely likes to play in the sorta 90s vibe at times but v much in the present day. not sure how much of her stuff you'd be into but that last album of hers has been on regular rotation since release for me (and a few others around here). almost every track still holds up imo.... 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 9/17/2022 at 3:09 AM, Hugh Mughnus said:

I'm ignorant I apologize in advance, but I'm getting total Inner-City Life (Goldie)

Was thinking exactly this - The whole track sounded like an intro to a big 20 min d&b epic, was just waiting for the 'boom - chikkkk,bom-chick' to kick in... (or it was Roni Size the 'tick-tick-tick-tick')

• 4 weeks later...
  • auxien changed the title to Kelela - Raven
On 11/15/2022 at 11:28 AM, manmower said:

track is nice, got those similar vibes from a lot of the last album. just did a preorder for the CD and fixed the album title on the thread.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...