IGNORED

Hudson Mohawke - B.B.H.E.

thumbass

Upon first listen this is pretty fun :trashbear:

I guess it helps that most of the songs are super short.

• 3 weeks later...

Just heard both B.B.H.E. and Poom Gems. They're both good, if not a bit underwhelming for me. I'm glad that Hudson Mohawke is the type of artist who loves releasing unreleased cuts, I wish more of my favorites did that ? 

Solesaft is the highlight of this imo

After a few days of serious Devil worshipping I was feeling like I need to listen to something new (and slightly refreshing) so decided to pluck these two from the never-ending realms of Spotify.

I don't know much about Hud Mo really but I get the impression he has a lot of ideas and creates buzzy bouncing dots of sound, and these releases look like fun.

About 3 great tracks on each, but to be honest if you're in the right mood even the not-so-great tracks are worth a listen.

Hopefully one day he'll focus all his bouncing dots of sound into something coherent.

Hail Satan!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

lol, came to post. Listening, more of the same!

0801061031732.jpg

wolfdude and dolphinguy are kinda hot. no sexual.

• 2 weeks later...

What fucking bonkers planet is this young man on?

Listening to Airborne Lard (flol) as we speak. I thought fellow Scots, Mogwai had the best song titles of all time but Hooker In A Cardboard Box might take the biscuit.

I've been trawling with my net through his back catalogue and there seem to be only one or two tracks on any release that I can genuinely listen to. The rest I can't deal with, but I appreciate the amount of ideas that he's loaded and firing in his fully automatic sonic bazooka at me.

I want him to make a ambient album, he might froth at the mouth at the thought of making such (he might internally human combust!) But I wonder what it might sound like...

Dude is brilliant, even if most of his tracks suck!

One day when he swaps his breakfast of skittles and monster energy drinks, for a bowl of chill pills and (unsweet) soya milk there will be a classic album.

Archived