IGNORED

AI - The artificial intelligence thread

YO303

Posted (edited)

I told an AI lyrics generator to write a song about pooing and peeing in the style of Bob Dylan and this is what it came up with in half a second:

**Bluesy Bathroom Blues**

Well, I stumbled into the bathroom

In the early morning light

Gotta drop a load of troubles

Before I start my day right

Water's runnin' in the sink

And the toilet waits for me

Feel the rumblin' in my gut

Gotta set my bowels free

Well, I'm poopin' and I'm peein'

In the toilet where I stand

Ain't nothin' quite like it

For a travelin' troubadour man

Flush away my troubles

Let the water take 'em down

I'll be singin' in the shower

With my bathroom blues unbound

Well, the sun is slowly risin'

And I feelin' mighty fine

Had my morning meditation

Now it's time to drop a line

So I'll sing my bathroom ballad

In the key of number one and two

Ain't no shame in nature's call

When you're feelin' the bathroom blues

So let the pipes keep flowin'

And the porcelain shine so bright

I'll be whistlin' while I wipe

And head on out into the light

Yeah, I'm singin' 'bout poopin'

And peein' without a care

In the world of my own makin'

There's magic in the air

I honestly can't think of any way to improve upon that.

"So I'll sing my bathroom ballad/In the key of number one and two"

-that is fucking genius.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all respect to the engineers and designers trying to come up with an evolution for typing and retrieving information from the internet: how is it not obvious that voice control and wearables are not the future? How can anyone believe in a gadget that fails at something as fundamental as being discreet, as in not being attached to your face and that allows to search quietly? Because you can perfectly do that with the smartphone you already own. Or am I not getting it? Is it all just a conscious strategy based on monetizing on superficial investors and tech bros?

Here is yet another gadget on the same wave as the humane pin and rabbit r1, which are already a failure:

How can they be so confident and miss the whole point of privacy, accurate typing, and not wanting to chat with some AI in public (or at home for that matter)? Also, interesting how he comments on the people queuing looking at their phone. Imagine if everyone had those AI earphones instead and was standing there while asking questions loudly to their AI buddy. Now that is better!

Btw enjoy that laugh at 12:05

• Facepalm 1

19 minutes ago, Ginerpri said:

With all respect to the engineers and designers trying to come up with an evolution for typing and retrieving information from the internet: how is it not obvious that voice control and wearables are not the future? How can anyone believe in a gadget that fails at something as fundamental as being discreet, as in not being attached to your face and that allows to search quietly? Because you can perfectly do that with the smartphone you already own. Or am I not getting it? Is it all just a conscious strategy based on monetizing on superficial investors and tech bros?

Here is yet another gadget on the same wave as the humane pin and rabbit r1, which are already a failure:

How can they be so confident and miss the whole point of privacy, accurate typing, and not wanting to chat with some AI in public (or at home for that matter)? Also, interesting how he comments on the people queuing looking at their phone. Imagine if everyone had those AI earphones instead and was standing there while asking questions loudly to their AI buddy. Now that is better!

Btw enjoy that laugh at 12:05

"Hey, Ai. Should i wear these boots today?"

Ai: "only if you want to look like an cowboy at the gym"

"that's a little harsh"

Ai: "not as harsh as your life is going to be when you replace so many human interactions with a fucking Ai voice box stuck in your ears"

• Like 1

Next Stop Paris, produced by TCLtv+ Studios, is positioned as a unique romantic tale blending professional voice acting and an original script with AI-generated imagery.

Set to debut this summer, the film follows Claire’s journey to Paris where she encounters a mysterious man aboard a train, setting into motion what’s dubbed as an “AI-powered love story.”

• Farnsworth 2

Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2024 at 3:55 PM, chronical said:

Someone should make a WATMM talkbot that parses all of our comments to create the ultimate shitposter :tongue:

IMG_4895.thumb.jpeg.7262d1affb0fdef674ccc94d8d32f975.jpegIMG_4896.thumb.jpeg.2ca1662f09b59d94f1071897f6895140.jpeg

Edited by o00o
  • Haha 3
  • Burger 1
  • Big Brain 1

Posted (edited)

I watched a trailer yesterday for the new Bond film and was absolutely convinced it was the real thing. Why wouldn't I, as I'm not in the loop of new films. Just found out the whole thing was AI fake!

Edited by beerwolf

After playing around on udio.com for a few days, turning my high school cringe poetry from the distant past into disco jams, it's made listening to non-AI (real? manual?) music seem also synthetic - like a kind of uncanny valley where over exposure to the synthetic results in everything seeming synthetic. Or like the Tetris effect maybe.

I wonder how it will develop? My musician pals hate it, but want to play around with it, whereas my non-musician pals think it's hilarious, especially lyrics incorporating their lives, but don't seem to want to play around with it.

• Like 1

Worth a listen, they are a little much sometimes, but they hit the nail on the head this episode. These guys do seem a little in the dark as to how Gen Z and Alpha think though. 

On 5/10/2024 at 5:55 AM, picklish2 said:

After playing around on udio.com for a few days, turning my high school cringe poetry from the distant past into disco jams, it's made listening to non-AI (real? manual?) music seem also synthetic - like a kind of uncanny valley where over exposure to the synthetic results in everything seeming synthetic. Or like the Tetris effect maybe.

I wonder how it will develop? My musician pals hate it, but want to play around with it, whereas my non-musician pals think it's hilarious, especially lyrics incorporating their lives, but don't seem to want to play around with it.

Been spending a lot of time in Udio on a project, and I get it, after listening to Ai music for many hours, your brain has trouble switching back to human made music, IMO it felt like after coming off of a sea ship, and your equilibrium takes a while to readjust to land.

I'm trying to figure out how I want to use it, so far it's good for vocals, something I would never do myself. Especially hearing the delivery of the lyrics that I write for it, it's definitely good for inspiration that way, where it decides to put the intonation, what vowels to lengthen, what choices it makes that way. 

The other aspect is that's it's further pushing me away from DAW stuff and back to playing physical instruments. Then trying to use it to push myself into different scales, time signatures, to become less musically cookie cutter in my own tracks. Because the day the machine outplays me...

On 5/10/2024 at 10:28 AM, o00o said:

IMG_4895.thumb.jpeg.7262d1affb0fdef674ccc94d8d32f975.jpegIMG_4896.thumb.jpeg.2ca1662f09b59d94f1071897f6895140.jpeg

see? we can have nice things, but corporate needs their profits so it's probably just gonna be killer death robots, surveillance and replacing the workforce

Edited by cichlisuite
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, o00o said:

Looks like google Gemini is replacing their search entirely:

https://www.theverge.com/2024/5/14/24155321/google-search-ai-results-page-gemini-overview

I've always wondered just how nutty Google's ML model is seeing as it's (probably?) trained by CAPTCHA

They will also never return from AI hell as there is nobody in control anymore.

had a really long deep conversation with GTP 4o today. I really like how exciting the models always feel when they are fresh from the factory and are maxed out to really shine until everything is cut down again to save money. Currently 4o is shining bright like the sun. It’s also nice to suggest smileys in the conversation which makes it go all in. It’s around 80 responses which took me about 2 hours to reach. you can use photos all the time. I also like to use the record button ( not in conversation mode ) as you can record long lines of thought really well while the audio is always capped when in conversation mode. I also don’t care so much about vocal feedback and the conversation flow is much faster when I am the only one who talks 

yesterday I used 4o for some French lessons which also worked surprisingly well and more focused then Duolingo as you can set the difficulty and the topic on your own. I just had it read some sentences to me and then break down the translation in full and then word by word. 

Edited by o00o
  • Like 1