IGNORED

Autechre Live: Dublin July @ National Concert Hall

phudoshin

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m on first listen, and it sounds ace !

... no talking !!

and it seems nch is a lovely accoustic place

Thanks a lot !!

Yeah, I just got done listening to this...

So sweet.

Really decent quality too. Thank you again!

=D

I think this is going to be my favorite iteration of the onesix set.

That last 30 minutes... Completely blowing my mind. Even more so being familiar with what it sounded like the first few times they played in '16.

Fuck, I know it's been said over and over, but I REALLY FUCKING hope we get soundboards for this.

thanks. so good. they're music is so good.  i hope they release some soundboards of this stuff. that bit around the 13/14 minute mark where it's metal shards being shredded. wtf.  stunning. 

was all wabby legged going home after that.

I lucked out with a good seat, but didnt have the balls to bring a recorder in with me, so that was from my phone.

the recording doesnt come close to the real deal. 

Having no bar or booze in the hall really worked.

more than happy to contribute guys.
curious if i missed something though. The lads have played in darkness for years. 
Reviews are making it as if its a relatively new concept.  I really dont recall it being made as big a point of before. 

curious if i missed something though. The lads have played in darkness for years. 

Reviews are making it as if its a relatively new concept.  I really dont recall it being made as big a point of before. 

Super recording... mine was opk from the middle/middle seats but yours is better so I stole it for the mixcloud - credited to you but if you need further credits let me know

Yea, the emphasis on darkness had me believing the Concert Hall was going to make an effort to make the room dark, it was in fact the brightest space I have ever heard them perform in!! They definitely sound all grown up now. Accomplished.

very accomplished. and I agree the space was ambiently lit
There was also a subtle light show throughout the gig. 
A random twinkling from a grid of lights in the ceiling. intentional or not, it was nice distraction for a while.

Super recording... mine was opk from the middle/middle seats but yours is better so I stole it for the mixcloud - credited to you but if you need further credits let me know

Cheers man ;)

Ohhhhh!!! Victim of chronic dyscalculia, I was convinced that the date of Dublin was this evening, the 18. And so I find out that it's all happened, with a downloadable bootleg too ... what a great thing! Hours of infernal sounds are waiting for me ... thanks for sharing it !

I had a ticket but I couldn't go, havent got the low down off my mate who I gave the ticket too. But by all accounts was as good as the South Bank Central gig.

Archived