IGNORED

Tracks made by Mozex Final Topic

Mozex

On 6/28/2019 at 5:32 PM, Mozex said:

Just make some boing boing triiiinnng triiing electric sounds on a boom boom drum pattern and this is the place for you!

You should make a parody of the boing boing triiiinnng triiing electric sounds to stick it to the whole forum and show us how easy it is compared to real music. Seriously. 

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, webby said:
On 6/28/2019 at 9:32 AM, Mozex said:

Just make some boing boing triiiinnng triiing electric sounds on a boom boom drum pattern and this is the place for you!

You should make a parody of the boing boing triiiinnng triiing electric sounds to stick it to the whole forum and show us how easy it is compared to real music. Seriously. 

boing boing triiiinnng triiing electric sounds on a boom boom drum pattern for most idm 2019

On 6/28/2019 at 9:52 AM, BCM said:

oh fuck off mozex i'm tired of your whining. you simply cannot expect to put your music in the public domain and not receive criticism or a good piss-taking. established and succesful artists have to deal with it with pretty much every release. we're not here to massage your ego or only say nice things - you're fucking delusional if that's what you expect when you post music on a public forum.

your music is not good, but i do think you could develop your sound into something worthwhile, if only you would take on board some criticism and not be so god damn thin-skinned. so some people are making fun of you - so fucking what? deal with it, or really leave this time and don't fucking come back.

Weird, people like the music a lot on other forums. But I guess they are all trolls. Made it even in the top 5 chart with the song Mission Completed and the newer song Happy Ending.

Made it in top ten chart with the song Can You Feel It.

I explained this beautiful place there and what happend to me, they were amazed, they could not wrap their head around it. Oh yeah, they called you all trolls lol, isnt that funny because you all call me the troll.

My music is good ? Its not because you all like a different kind of music, making your own noises, that mine is not good? Thats just stupid logic ?

Yeah critism can be good but barely say anything positive about my songs. You do understand I make songs for others to enjoy? I am glad I found that other website because there people seem to enjoy my music. ?

But I guess those people are not real musicians because they dare to like my music, I am sure people here like it too but because of trolls like you all they do not even dare to speak their mind up, afraid to be ridiculed too ?

But thank you for your delightfull comment. I do not really care a lot anymore what you all say ?

19 hours ago, T3551ER said:

Hey Moz - I think this whole paragraph is a pretty good example of why people might not be giving you the sort of feedback you want and why people are treating you the way they are. 

If you take a careful look at most of the feedback that has been given to you (with some admitted exceptions), it's mostly been along the lines of "hey, I like X" but "maybe you should consider trying Y to help improve." Sometimes this is even in the context of you asking for specific advice. You have even received a lot of feedback which is purely "hey this sounds good!" 

It seems like you expect 100% of feedback to praise your music as the second coming and a)anything that praises your music without critique is just what you expect so you kind of take it for granted  b)anything that deviates from this in the slightest is taken as a personal affront. I actually think people here have been fairly patient with their critique's, taking it on faith that you actually have some interest in learning - they try and highlight what they see as good and point out things they think you could work on. Frankly, that's a huge gift, and really the only way to improve one's art in any format. It also involves setting aside ego - this can be difficult. I speak from personal experience when I say for a long time all I wanted was just validation that my stuff was "awesome" - but I've come to realize how much more rewarding it is hear it is NOT awesome, but that some parts might be pretty good and there might be other things I could work on to make better. I think that's called growing up. 

"I can go around critising the "music" some of you make also just because it aint my thing. I am sorry to say this again but some of the "music" I hear here are just some noises put on a drum. You all think thats pretty cool and thats your opinion ofcourse, I do not think that is music. Its just noise."

You do realize that you talk about not criticizing people music and then you literally go on to immediately criticize people's music.  Half of this post is you talking shit about the people who make music here. If you can't see the irony in that I just don't know what to tell you. 

Here's the real deal/harsh brown: You title your works things like "Master of Ideas" but don't seem to recognize that becoming a master of anything takes a lot of work to EARN that status (even people with incredible innate talent require this). You seem like a person who has a hard time with someone disagreeing with them and/or thinking that what you produce isn't 100% gold. And, if people don't fall in line with this, you immediate lash out at them while also painting yourself as the victim. You whine, and cry, and pronounce, protest, and condemn. You run away from people and comments and things that don't immediately fall in line with the inflated view you have of yourself. You pitch a fit. I suspect it's a strategy you have employed your entire life, to great success. It's also how spoiled children act when they don't get the toy they want RIGHT NOW and it's behavior that creates spoiled adults if left unchecked. 

So, go ahead and run away. Believe that everyone here hates you and  doesn't "get" you, or how awesome your music is. Go some place else. But I will tell you if you go somewhere and everyone is giving you nothing but positive feedback, is telling you that everything you do is the most amazing thing that has ever been done, and no one has a critical thing to say, then that place is a lie. Furthermore, you will never grow, as a person (or an artist) because growing involves taking a critical look at what you say, think, and do, and making changes based on that. Sometimes love is hard that way - but it's worthwhile and the only way to truly better oneself. 

I can only speak for myself, but I will say: I don't hate you Moz. I love you. But I don't like your behavior. When you decide you want to change that I'm here with open arms. Until then, I gotz no mo effs left to give. 

Yes I can understand critism, what I can not understand is ridiculing.

2 hours ago, Uros said:

omfg lol. This is gold! If someone asks me again what kind of stuff I listen to I have now a ready answer. You surely do realize that some/most of these noise makers have polluted our spiritual world with their shit for 10-20 years, and if I got it right you have walked your artistic path for what - 3-6 months, so it's kinda arrogant if you start to tell them how superior your stuff is compared to their lame ear bleeding puke. If I were you, I'd trying to get everything out of what these dudes are trying to say here, because sorry, but your stuff isn't necessarily yet on the gold level. Giving a feedback isn't the same thing as blindly kissing someone's ass.

So yep I'm sorry Mozex, but you are behaving a tad childish here. Y'know even the 12 year old buddy sitting next to me is more mature.....and we're now talking about a dog who likes to lick his balls.

Yes your views of mature lack. Because in the end I just had enough of it and exploded. Why did I had enough of it? Because most of you act childish.

Its always the same, how dare I use loops. Does not matter that all other instruments are played myself, that one drumloop and vocal loop, that is what gets highlited. All the other efforts I do dissapear. Its like my tracks only exist out of those two loops. Thats just stupid.

Yeah I have to make my own drums and sing myself, does not matter that it sounds bad then, it sounds good then because I made it myself. Thats the point one of you gave, I have a different view on what is good and if a drumloop and a vocal loop is better then doing it myself, I will use it.

That does not mean that whole my track are samples, not at all, but for you all it seems to mean that way. Thats a bit stupid in my opinion but hey, who cares at what I say right? I am just a noob with a background of 4 years of music class and 7 years of keyboard where I, I quote, "Learned nothing at all"

Ah yes and I use presets, another sin in music on this website.

You know what would be another good solution? To understand that I make different songs then you all do, and then look at what I make. But hey, another stupid point of a troll.

The thing is people, that I will get better with time. So what is most important for someone who makes music is not to become demotivated. You will get better anyway with time. But if you get demotivated you quit making music. If some of you really believe you motivated me a lot with your kind of comments then I think you all might be wrong.

Another funny matter is how you call: your music is bad, your melodies are dull, you have learned nothing in music school, truefull feedback and critism which I should be able to take. But when I say once that the music you make is bad then I am an a hole. Yeah...

You know what this place is, right? It's mostly a forum dedicated to fans of 90s electronic music à la Aphex Twin, Boards Of Canada, Autechre, to name a few. 

This place actively discusses the intricacy of music production because these artists have put so much work and love into their workflow and therefore songs that most of us are eternally fascinated by it. The songs we love were made from scratch using different forms of synthesis and unique ways of sequencing melodies (and drums) that albeit simple evoke a great deal of emotions because they are unique. We have drum machine nerds here that swoon over specific Korg Minipops technicalities because one of our overlords modded his machine to be able to be sequenced externally, which is really interesting because it's a drum machine that was around before the age of MIDI. He also added separate outputs to each drum sound which is not supported by the machine in its normal state which is even cooler. A lot of artists we love have loads of songs with details like this. 

8 minutes ago, Mozex said:

The thing is people, that I will get better with time. So what is most important for someone who makes music is not to become demotivated. You will get better anyway with time. But if you get demotivated you quit making music. If some of you really believe you motivated me a lot with your kind of comments then I think you all might be wrong.

I don't think anyone is trying to demotivate you here. Taking criticism to heart and experimenting with your workflow should be logical at your stage of making music. Like I said before, WATMM can be a mean coconut, but at its heart it's a bunch of netheads fascinated with experimental music. The "Zeitgeist" is very much alive here, and we're not afraid to point out uncreative processes in a way of helping folks (you) create more unique music that is more akin to you.

It's not like you want to use predetermined beats and synth sounds forever, right?

6 minutes ago, chronical said:

You know what this place is, right? It's mostly a forum dedicated to fans of 90s electronic music à la Aphex Twin, Boards Of Canada, Autechre, to name a few. 

This place actively discusses the intricacy of music production because these artists have put so much work and love into their workflow and therefore songs that most of us are eternally fascinated by it. The songs we love were made from scratch using different forms of synthesis and unique ways of sequencing melodies (and drums) that albeit simple evoke a great deal of emotions because they are unique. We have drum machine nerds here that swoon over specific Korg Minipops technicalities because one of our overlords modded his machine to be able to be sequenced externally, which is really interesting because it's a drum machine that was around before the age of MIDI. He also added separate outputs to each drum sound which is not supported by the machine in its normal state which is even cooler. A lot of artists we love have loads of songs with details like this. 

I don't think anyone is trying to demotivate you here. Taking criticism to heart and experimenting with your workflow should be logical at your stage of making music. Like I said before, WATMM can be a mean coconut, but at its heart it's a bunch of netheads fascinated with experimental music. The "Zeitgeist" is very much alive here, and we're not afraid to point out uncreative processes in a way of helping folks (you) create more unique music that is more akin to you.

It's not like you want to use predetermined beats and synth sounds forever, right?

I genuinely wondered about this too. Like which one of the featured artists is OP's favorite or does he even listen to, eh, IDMz (and oh sweet mother of baby Jesus don't say that you gave AE a quick listen and found it only being some glitchy nonsense, just a friendly tip). I got the picture that it was the name of our beloved forum which gave the spark for creating an account. Also, +1 to everything else. This is quite a wrong place to impress people with bought sample packs and loops.

52 minutes ago, Mozex said:

Yes I can understand critism, what I can not understand is ridiculing.

Yes your views of mature lack. Because in the end I just had enough of it and exploded. Why did I had enough of it? Because most of you act childish.

So I apologize and go back to sitting my potty. This shit is unreal.

2 hours ago, Mozex said:

Made it even in the top 5 chart with the song Mission Completed and the newer song Happy Ending.

Made it in top ten chart with the song Can You Feel It.

I wonder what this chart consists of. Besides your tunes, of course. (;

Also, Moz, you mention loops a lot in your posts... I think maybe you just need to... you know... escape the loops? Not an easy path that is, let me warn you beforehand :cisfor:

regarding the whole loops thing - i wouldn't have so much of an issue with it if you edited them before use, or chopped them up, or applied some interesting modulation etc rather than just use them dry. as it is, all you are doing is pasting pre-made pieces of music into a timeline and playing rather bland keys over the top. anyone could do this, there's very little effort or thought involved, and this (in my opinion) is why your music is not "good" (subjective term). if you twisted and mangled said loops and made them your own, then you might just hit on something original.

also... despite the name, this site is not really a dedicated music making forum per se. the name comes from an aphex twin track (hope you knew this).

this site is mostly focused on appreciating and discussing music from some of the less mainstream artists, many of whom you wouldn't like by the sounds of it. i mean, what do you think of autechre? or merzbow? or even aphex twin?

you sure you wouldn't be happier on a different site - one more focused on trance or edm or something like that?

33 minutes ago, BCM said:

also... despite the name, this site is not really a dedicated music making forum per se. the name comes from an aphex twin track (hope you knew this).

this site is mostly focused on appreciating and discussing music from some of the less mainstream artists, many of whom you wouldn't like by the sounds of it. i mean, what do you think of autechre? or merzbow? or even aphex twin?

you sure you wouldn't be happier on a different site - one more focused on trance or edm or something like that?

Finally a constructive answer. Thank you I did not know that.

3 hours ago, Uros said:

I genuinely wondered about this too. Like which one of the featured artists is OP's favorite or does he even listen to, eh, IDMz (and oh sweet mother of baby Jesus don't say that you gave AE a quick listen and found it only being some glitchy nonsense, just a friendly tip). I got the picture that it was the name of our beloved forum which gave the spark for creating an account. Also, +1 to everything else. This is quite a wrong place to impress people with bought sample packs and loops.

So I apologize and go back to sitting my potty. This shit is unreal.

I just use a drumloop and vocal loop, all the rest is played myself... how many times must I say that...

But I understand now this is not the place for me. I wish you all succes on your musical journey.

Could be a place for you, you just can't seem to wrap your head around the community because all you see is people criticising you using loops. We're just a bunch of homies trying to help. 

See you space cowboy . . .

3 hours ago, chronical said:

Could be a place for you, you just can't seem to wrap your head around the community because all you see is people criticising you using loops. We're just a bunch of homies trying to help. 

See you space cowboy . . .

I understand but I do not think using a drumloop and a vocal loop is so bad. I would just like to do my own thing but its not possible to share that here. Because it always comes down on the same thing, the loop thing. I am not gonna change it I am sorry and its clear that many of you have a problem with it. I understand you are trying to help but I just do not feel accepted, I feel like I need to defend myself  the whole time. Because I use a drumloop and a vocal loop. I do play all the other sounds myself but it is clear that that does not matter at all and sorry, I find that stupid. I just want to do my thing and stop hearing the loop discussion the whole time. Stop being laughed at. Its to much to ask, that is clear, because it keeps happening. Then I am a a hole because I really had enough of it and explode. I am always in the wrong. Thats just how I view it all. And when I try to explain it then I am a ahole again or I am wining or this and that. I just want to have fun making music. But everytime I make something I am happy about it gets dragged down because I use drumloop and vocal loop. Nobody speaks of the bassline, nobody speaks of the strings, nobody speaks of the pad, nobody speaks about the things I played and made myself, everyone only speaks about loops and presets. So yes, this really is not the place for me, and thats a shame because I liked sharing my music here. Believe me, its not easy for me to stay away from here but I really do not need to keep on hearing the loop/preset discussion. I want to do it my way and if I am not accepted then its really better for me to just leave...

edit: you have to understand that I do these for fun, not to become famous. So I really do not see any problem in using two loops, a drum and vocal loop. I will find work and just do music as a hobby. Thats what I want to do. Another reason why I want to make music, and this will sound stupid I know, the jokes will come, but is to make my mother proud. I did so many wrong things in my life, I used drugs, I threated my mother like crap. I have no work, no girlfriend and I still live with my mother. I have nothing. I want to make her proud and with my music I do. This will sound stupid but she even asked me for the first time to make a cd with the songs with vocals. She really liked them. And not because she is my mother, because as you all know I made numerous other songs and she never said that. She did like them on my Mozex Page on facebook, but never spoke of it. Today for the first time she told me she would like the song: can you feel it, on a cd. I played it cool but it made me feel good. I do something she likes and makes her proud and that is enough for me.

7 minutes ago, Mozex said:

I understand but I do not think using a drumloop and a vocal loop is so bad. I would just like to do my own thing but its not possible to share that here. Because it always comes down on the same thing, the loop thing. I am not gonna change it I am sorry and its clear that many of you have a problem with it. I understand you are trying to help but I just do not feel accepted, I feel like I need to defend myself  the whole time. Because I use a drumloop and a vocal loop. I do play all the other sounds myself but it is clear that that does not matter at all and sorry, I find that stupid. I just want to do my thing and stop hearing the loop discussion the whole time. Stop being laughed at. Its to much to ask, that is clear, because it keeps happening. Then I am a a hole because I really had enough of it and explode. I am always in the wrong. Thats just how I view it all. And when I try to explain it then I am a ahole again or I am wining or this and that. I just want to have fun making music. But everytime I make something I am happy about it gets dragged down because I use drumloop and vocal loop. Nobody speaks of the bassline, nobody speaks of the strings, nobody speaks of the pad, nobody speaks about the things I played and made myself, everyone only speaks about loops and presets. So yes, this really is not the place for me, and thats a shame because I liked sharing my music here. Believe me, its not easy for me to stay away from here but I really do not need to keep on hearing the loop/preset discussion. I want to do it my way and if I am not accepted then its really better for me to just leave...

I liked the last track you made. I'd love to hear you try singing over it ? And I can see how that can weigh you down if you just want to share your things. What do you think of these tracks Mozex? 

These are the 3 artists I mentioned before. I'm just curious if they evoke anything in you, because this music is what drove a lot of us here. We're not just here to share our music, this isn't a sharing platform per se– we're here to nerd out together. Please understand that:flower:

I like the aphex twin thing, sounds a little bit similar to what I made at the start but better of course.

autechre is a bit too simple in my opinion

the boards of canada one I liked less.

12 hours ago, Mozex said:

edit: you have to understand that I do these for fun, not to become famous. So I really do not see any problem in using two loops, a drum and vocal loop. I will find work and just do music as a hobby. Thats what I want to do. Another reason why I want to make music, and this will sound stupid I know, the jokes will come, but is to make my mother proud. I did so many wrong things in my life, I used drugs, I threated my mother like crap. I have no work, no girlfriend and I still live with my mother. I have nothing. I want to make her proud and with my music I do. This will sound stupid but she even asked me for the first time to make a cd with the songs with vocals. She really liked them. And not because she is my mother, because as you all know I made numerous other songs and she never said that. She did like them on my Mozex Page on facebook, but never spoke of it. Today for the first time she told me she would like the song: can you feel it, on a cd. I played it cool but it made me feel good. I do something she likes and makes her proud and that is enough for me.

I appreciate your honesty here and now we now where you stand. You're just basically in the wrong place. I know the forum name can be misleading, I've seen it happen a couple of times before, but it comes from an Aphex Twin song like mentioned earlier. This is just a sub for people to share their own stuff. Go on, poke around the place, maybe you'll find some new influences.

Now, like BCM pointed out there is nothing wrong with using those loops and so on, but we are simply so used to tunes which chops everything up to million pieces and then gather them together and create something new. And then we autistically examine them with microscope and blabber them endlessly on the forum. In instance the stuff I love are tracks like this:

As you can probably tell that was very chopped. Another example, this time with the use of female voice like you do in your tracks:

Maybe those will get a clue what most of us normally listen to. The EKT artists here usually built everything from the scratch plus some even build their instruments like modular kits etc. so it's kinda arrogant if someone with little experience surfs to the board and yells everyone how they suck while his own creations has been built around those bought loops etc. Yes, I know you were hurt and triggered by the not so good feedback, but can you see what I'm saying here, why the loop/sample back is "big thing". You could be really happier on the EDM or dance music forum (again pointed out earlier by the watmm king BCM).

I really wish you luck on your path. Keep your mom proud!

btw was really surprised Boards Of Canada song was the one you least liked from the big three.

Mozex, maybe you could take the viewpoint of this guy from another forum

Mozex said:

Dont be a child, you need to be able to have a thick skin and take critism ?

Why are these people bashing others people music always so defensive when you tell the truth about their own music? its weird to be honest.

Archived