just want to say that this must have been an incredibly hard decision to make. in my mind, Biden did the right thing and sealed his legacy. It's up to the next generation to carry this home though. 🤞

• Like 1

They are all millionaires and billionaires.   Who gives a fuck who gets in?  They own you, just as the corporations own them.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 3

7 minutes ago, arti said:

They are all millionaires and billionaires.   Who gives a fuck who gets in?  They own you, just as the corporations own them.

People who care should give a fuck.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, arti said:

Isn't there a Stars Wars thread you'd be more useful in  Rubin Farr?

That’s not what your mum said last night 

• Haha 4
  • Facepalm 1
  • Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 1

19 minutes ago, exitonly said:

just want to say that this must have been an incredibly hard decision to make. in my mind, Biden did the right thing and sealed his legacy. It's up to the next generation to carry this home though. 🤞

he should've done it a year ago before all this was 'set' but him and his handlers and the dems are all fuckin blinded & they don't want to think shit through. the real 'best' would've been fighting it out for the nom, but now we're going to be stuck with Harris.

i'm not against her generally, she'd probably do just fine, but Trump previously beating out Hilary/America's inherent misogyny isn't making things look great at this moment. hopefully this puts Trump in an awkward spot and he slips up, but not sure that'll happen.

curious to see who she's going to be pick as her VP.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, auxien said:

i'm not against her generally, she'd probably do just fine, but Trump previously beating out Hilary/America's inherent misogyny isn't making things look great at this moment. hopefully this puts Trump in an awkward spot and he slips up, but not sure that'll happen.

I don't necessarily see this as a problem (there may be other problems, but not this one).

Personally, in 2016 I wrote in Bernie instead of voting for Clinton because I didn't think Trump had a chance. I'm sure lots of others on the left either wrote in or didn't even vote. The 2020 outcome IMO showed how much Trump can mobilize voters who opposed him (as well as those who support as well).

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, auxien said:

he should've done it a year ago before all this was 'set' but him and his handlers and the dems are all fuckin blinded & they don't want to think shit through. the real 'best' would've been fighting it out for the nom, but now we're going to be stuck with Harris.

curious to see who she's going to be pick as her VP.

gender may have been a factor but a lot of people straight up hate the Clintons, so that was another issue. I agree there is a lot of risk here though 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, EdamAnchorman said:

I don't necessarily see this as a problem (there may be other problems, but not this one).

Personally, in 2016 I wrote in Bernie instead of voting for Clinton because I didn't think Trump had a chance. I'm sure lots of others on the left either wrote in or didn't even vote. The 2020 outcome IMO showed how much Trump can mobilize voters who opposed him (as well as those who support as well).

idk how many write ins there were in 2016, but Clinton still won the popular vote that year, but a mil or two i believe. your 2020 outcome assessment is pretty well imo, but these doofuses citizens in our country have very short memories. Trump can straight-faced say 'Biden's the worst president in history' and the average American looks at their grocery receipt and goes 'yeah fuck that guy!'

i'm worried Harris going in is going to look like the DNC/elites 'installing' another nominee. i understand that it's not really, not exactly at least, but it can sure look like that to many.

17 minutes ago, exitonly said:

gender may have been a factor but a lot of people straight up hate the Clintons, so that was another issue. I agree there is a lot of risk here though 

all true yeah, misogyny sure wasn't the only factor for Hilary not igniting the voters everywhere they needed to turn out. i'm just connecting some dots, not trying to make a full-throated case. it'll still be a factor for some idiots but i'm sure there's some racism in there too! :fail:

Rs are going to get ugly with a woman of color up there as Trump's target. let's see how their newfound 'message of unity for America' looks over the next few weeks.

So is Harris the pick then? Saw that the Clintons endorsed her. She maybe not a great pick? Not sure what exactly she has accomplished as vice prez. She makes speeches about women's right to choose from time to time, that is all I've seen of her. Whenever asked about foreign policy or pretty much any other issue, it just sounded like she was reading bullet points off a power point presentation of campaign talking points. Still seems like Trump has the edge in other words, guess we will see how things play out at democratic convention. If it winds up being a contested convention and not all dems line up behind her, that could be interesting from an entertainment perspective, but still not good for the election I would think.

I'm sure it'll be fine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/19/2024 at 9:50 AM, zazen said:

It would be so refreshing to have someone younger than 60 running for President.

This is good. Things are now interesting again.

image.thumb.jpeg.97d446934478f07c1234df56da3a121b.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Farnsworth 1

5 minutes ago, Squee said:

Hahahaha. Just heard a journalist say that Kamala Harris is a “more normal” candidate. 

She can barely string a coherent sentence together

• Haha 2

I mean there was no shot of Biden beating Trump so I guess they have a sliver of hope in having Joe step down. Despite having voted Democrat for almost 20 years I just can’t do it this cycle. I had to wince while voting for Joe and especially Hilary. I’m voting Trump and legit hope the dems get trounced this election. When or if the DFL and the liberal media ever come back to their senses and end their mission to become everything they claim to hate I’ll jump back on board but for now fuck em. 

• Facepalm 6

8 minutes ago, zazen said:

This is good. Things are now interesting again.

image.thumb.jpeg.97d446934478f07c1234df56da3a121b.jpeg

FWIW she would turn 60 before being elected.