lols.. this is great.. so, NPR (national public radio) here in USA finally gets an interview w/trump. Steve Inskeep has been around forever and is no slouch. trump hangs up on him after he gets pressed about 2020 election results and trump's lies. 

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/12/1072204478/donald-trump-npr-interview-presidential-election-lies-vaccines

you can listen to the interview from this page and he puts it all in context before he gets to trump. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, zero said:

American idol Clay Aiken running for Congress:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/589000-clay-aiken-launches-second-bid-for-congress

I like his message. what he's saying seems reasonable. 

but what if ruben studdard ran too? ?

also: WTF happened to AOC, or is this another right wing decoy sent to deceive us?

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Nebraska said:

posted a link to previous page where steve inskeep adds more context to the interview. trump is such a bitch.  it's amazing people keep eating up his garbage. he says the same 3 or 4 phrases about everything. "like you've never seen before" and "waht they're finding" and shit like that.. 

also, 

i hate myself for being distracted by politics and the world in general. 

indiana-jones-nazi.gif

meanwhile.. lols.. 

49hec1f09ab81.jpg?width=619&auto=webp&s=

Edited by ignatius
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, ignatius said:

he says the same 3 or 4 phrases about everything. "like you've never seen before" and "waht they're finding" and shit like that.. 

incredible isn't it? I know we've had numerous years now to adjust to his BS, and shouldn't be shocked any more. but I am still slightly amazed any time I read what he says, or listen to him, just how nonsensical, unintelligent, and frankly ridiculous his responses to simple questions always are. in any other normal real world context, a guy like that would be shut down pretty quickly, and not given the time of day any more because he (a) doesn't know what he's talking about, and (b) is obviously lying. but what do millions of 'mericuns hear? they translate his vagaries into some twisted messaging they feel they can identify with, while the rest of us are sitting there scratching our heads like huh? he's full of shit! don't you guys see that!

it's like he continues to pull the "hey look over there" trick, and all the magas continue to look, even though it's a blank wall when they turn in that direction time and time again. and all those R d-bags continually defending him, the fox noosers pandering, it's fuckin bizarro land! idiocracy man, there's no other word to describe it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Anyone remember the pre-trump / pre-Obama / pre-bush CNN? They were always a center-right channel that masqueraded as a balanced news outlet. It only took a fascist maniac like trump (other far-right cronies included) attacking them and branding them as “fake news” and leftist extremists to make them appear like they are the Fox News for democrats. They just moved the goalpost. 

yes, I remember the Crossfire incident with Jon Stewart which drew more attention to this sort of thing.

the point being, people who watch Fox think 'the other side's Fox is CNN (or MSNBC or whoever). having two equally shitty and self-serving sets of talking heads present a false dichotomy of views - much like how Crossfire worked and which Stewart tore into - helps nothing.

• Like 2

This doesn't belong here, but since Epstein thread ran amok and ended with cichlisuite calling someone something nasty before it got closed, I thought the best place to post this would be here...

Another great Epstein casualty. This is Prince Andrew we're talking about here...

billede.png

Prince Andrew Andrew Of York GIF - Prince Andrew Andrew Andrew Of York -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 2

On 1/12/2022 at 12:36 AM, usagi said:

what, like a Fox News for Democrats? isn't that CNN? how does escalating a media war with equally bullshit tactics on both sides help anyone?

Cnn sucks. But let's not equate CNN and Fox News like they're two equally bad sides of the same coin. They're not. One is far far worse.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brisbot said:

Cnn sucks. But let's not equate CNN and Fox News like they're two equally bad sides of the same coin. They're not. One is far far worse.

nobody's comparing like for like. however false progressives are just as damaging/worthless as the opposition. in some ways, they're worse. they derail change before it can even get off the ground while pretending they're on the 'good' side. other media outlets not having noses as long as Fox or being as virulent in their drive to disinform doesn't let them off the hook. in fact, they should get more shit from people who demand good/balanced reporting, while Fox et al are simply a hopeless cause and should be ignored most of the time.

• Like 1

for those getting their news from watmm, i should report about the recent, big development. yet another line of attack from trump circle, to maintain power. 7 forged elector documents were submitted in 7 swing states biden won. all clearly using the same text formatting and content. apparently local republicans were put up to submitting the forged documents so that there would be dueling slates of electors, thereby helping pence to just not count those states.

image.thumb.png.9b9254d161a27c48f4e993e4a7abd30f.png

hard to see zoomed out but they undeniably come from a single source. they even use the same, idiosyncratic, repeating star character as a dividing line.

we don't know yet who orchestrated it but the eastman (trump lawyer) memo (about ways to keep trump in power) coincidentally describes the exact scenario.

Screenshot_20220115-121302_Drive.thumb.jpg.9b862dbb2593d03545d05ed33fb0e098.jpg

rangappa did a thread

maddow has been covering the story as it has been breaking over the last week

Edited by trying to be less rude
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

That's pretty wild, I guess democracy isn't on the agenda anymore over there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

That's pretty wild, I guess democracy isn't on the agenda anymore over there.

believers of verification need to go hard and save the others from cults. there's no other way out.

On 1/15/2022 at 10:43 AM, Rubin Farr said:

This idiot shot his own eye out with a Derringer. Leadership material all the way.

73409CF2-CB6C-45C6-82F3-DB8DCFA73668.jpeg

they found his ex wife.. estranged exwife.. who siad "he's a complete sociopath"

edit: so mega cringe. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1