6 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

The blackness of Obama is up for debate, though.

It was really his white half that became president, hence all the black people shot by police during his two terms. 

16 hours ago, rhmilo said:

Not a lot of Kenyans getting shot by US police either. :shrug:

But in all seriousness, what the fuck are you talking about? 

2 hours ago, Candiru said:

But in all seriousness, what the fuck are you talking about? 

That Obama himself is not what is normally considered to be black / African American, meaning the descendent of African slaves and with a long family background of oppression and racism.

This is more than just nitpicking. Recent immigrants from Africa, such as Nigerian Americans or, why not, Kenyan Americans, do much, much better in the US than “African Americans”. The same is true for immigrants of African descent from the Caribbean. This latter data point is especially interesting because these Caribbean immigrants, like “African Americans from the US” come from a background of slavery and oppression. However, economically they perform a lot better.

So clearly there is something in the experience of having a family history of growing up in the oppressive, racist system of the US that is horrible for your prospects in life and severely hinders your chances of economic success. Black Caribbean Americans, recent immigrants from Africa and also Obama do not have that experience.

Hence, while it’s great that Obama, a dark skinned man with African features and, of course, an African American wife, managed to become president, it does not mean that the descendants of African slaves sent to the US can now become president. That has not yet happened and from the looks of it won’t happen in the foreseeable future.

• Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1

WASHINGTON –  Former Vice President Joe Biden on Thursday said Americans who believe Tara Reade's sexual assault allegations against him probably shouldn't vote for him in the Nov. 3 presidential election.

"I think they should vote their heart, and if they believe Tara Reade, they probably shouldn't vote for me. I wouldn't vote for me if I believed Tara Reade," Biden said.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/05/15/joe-biden-women-who-believe-tara-reade-probably-shouldnt-vote-me/5197215002/

i'm with biden. i wouldn't vote for him either :cisfor:

1 minute ago, Candiru said:

If Biden picks Tammy Duckworth as VP, who here will be unhappy about that?

is  she better  than mike pence and trump?

Just now, ignatius said:

is  she better  than mike pence and trump?

*Checks with analysts*

That's a fuckin yes

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Candiru said:

If Biden picks Tammy Duckworth as VP, who here will be unhappy about that?

not sure she would excite voters into showing up.

from what i've seen of her recently she's more comfortable in front of cameras, but i think when she initially popped on the scene a few years back she seemed a bit nervous/unconfident in the spotlight.... i could be misremembering as i don't recall anything in particular, just having an impression that she seemed a touch too sheepish for any national interest. so having a possibly sheepish VP to a bumbling/constantly misspeaking Biden...just doesn't seem like a recipe for success.

As a stammerer it is so interesting to watch Biden in the public eye as when generally negativity and fear take over and speech becomes more difficult. It takes openness and acceptance of fear to do it, which he has done. 

• Like 3

On 5/7/2020 at 5:52 PM, Nebraska said:

(i'm with her) - joe biden

It sounds like Reade is quite a character; multiple aliases, repeated rent fraud, lying and manipulating people for decades.  Not to say this didn't happen to her as she said, but she has questionable credibility to say the least.  

https://www.yahoo.com/news/manipulative-deceitful-user-tara-reade-194333122.html

26 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

It sounds like Reade is quite a character; multiple aliases, repeated rent fraud, lying and manipulating people for decades.  Not to say this didn't happen to her as she said, but she has questionable credibility to say the least.  

https://www.yahoo.com/news/manipulative-deceitful-user-tara-reade-194333122.html

oNlY gOdD pEoPlE aRe RaPeD

57 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

regardless of what is actually true/false... the spin machine is gonna work this hard on overtime. every journalist friend etc they can leak info to about her past etc will be called up.. phones gonna ring ring ring until she goes away. 

the accusation is out there so people w/agendas will make moves to try and capitalize on it or extinguish it. gonna be ugly. 

5 minutes ago, ignatius said:

regardless of what is actually true/false... the spin machine is gonna work this hard on overtime. every journalist friend etc they can leak info to about her past etc will be called up.. phones gonna ring ring ring until she goes away. 

the accusation is out there so people w/agendas will make moves to try and capitalize on it or extinguish it. gonna be ugly. 

I'd like to see more people come forward if they support her story, so far I only know of that one lady with a voice mail or something from the early 90s, but a lot of this evidence is emails or other correspondence, or recordings, etc.  I would put stock in her ex-husband's accounts, but that could have been a messy divorce, what have you.  We'll see how it plays out, but with current events it might already be a non-starter.  Fox has shifted news coverage to Obamagate and reopening protests, so maybe it already dried up.

10 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Fox has shifted news coverage to Obamagate and reopening protests, so maybe it already dried up.

i'm sure it's a card in the deck to be played for when the general election happens and debates and attack ads etc.. assuming some real weird shit doesn't boot biden off the ticket. 

Rupert_Murdoch_-_Flickr_-_Eva_Rinaldi_Ce

^this sexy media mogul helped Trump get the decisive few percent to get into power, also helped Netanyahu and Scott Morrison and might be responsible for the decisive few percent that made Brexit possible meow

Edited by dingformung
  • Like 1

Presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden has finally unveiled his moniker for 2020 rival President Trump, saying he calls his general election opponent “President Tweety.”

https://nypost.com/2020/05/19/joe-biden-finally-makes-up-nickname-for-trump-president-tweety/

lol

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nebraska said:

That's fucking fantastic. I love the level of discourse and civility in politics these days. At leats in the past the had the sense to keep the childishness in the back rooms.

• Like 1

Was sorta predicted in this recent article about the current influence of never-trump conservatives in dem party at 538.

So “Never Trump” conservatives can probably make some demands of Biden, just like any other constituency in the party, and he might feel some need to court them.

And that seems to be happening. The former vice president hinted recently that he might name some Republicans to his cabinet or transition team. Rumors of his consideration of Klobuchar for vice president is no doubt largely about her potential appeal to voters in the Midwest, but her more centrist politics also make her a favorite of some moderate Republicans.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-never-trumpers-crashed-the-democratic-party/

44 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

is this a joke?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

him/his people are likely still considering others and they’re just leaking her to see the reaction. they may have it narrowed down some tho...