30 minutes ago, auxien said:

him/his people are likely still considering others and they’re just leaking her to see the reaction. they may have it narrowed down some tho...

my guess too.. they're probably vetting a few people. 

14 hours ago, ignatius said:

my guess too.. they're probably vetting a few people. 

all the articles i've seen have gone on to list over half a dozen additional people getting vetted. the klobuchar thing is such a non-story. people are getting burnt out from COVID news so the media is just trying to stir shit up.

15 hours ago, Candiru said:

No, why?

because she's as centralist as you get. biden cannot beat trump's radical position with such an establishment strategy. it also shows a certain amount of entitlement where the democrats exercise as little effort as possible simply to "give" biden the keys to the office

3 hours ago, ignatius said:

lol.. "Joe Biden is so bad at this"

Speaking on a call with black business leaders, Biden described the remarks as “cavalier” and said he never meant to seem as if he was taking black voters for granted or telling them who they ought to support.

“I shouldn’t have been such a wise guy. I shouldn’t have been so cavalier,” Biden said.

“I don’t take it for granted at all and no one should have to vote for any party based on their race, religion or background. There are African Americans who think Trump is worth voting for. I don’t think so and I’m prepared to put my record against his, that was the bottom line and it was really unfortunate, I shouldn’t have been so cavalier.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/499213-biden-regrets-remarks-about-black-support-i-shouldnt-have-been-such-a-wise

3 hours ago, Nebraska said:

because she's as centralist as you get. biden cannot beat trump's radical position with such an establishment strategy. it also shows a certain amount of entitlement where the democrats exercise as little effort as possible simply to "give" biden the keys to the office

This “establishment bad” train of thought is very far removed from what actual voters think, though. Most of them are not perpetually online keeping track of every new meme. Plus, every presidential nominee vets several people to be VP, even people that shouldn’t even be considered at all like Stacey Abrams, who has never won a statewide election and leans a bit too “Twitter activist” for a national election. 

3 hours ago, timbre monke said:

Both major political parties are FUBAR. Maybe I should move to New Zealand or somewhere after this COVID shit is over.

it's really far away. i went there in 2005 and it's amazing but also small in a lot of ways.  as a westerner/american it felt quite different and strange. i'd go back though. the people i met were mostly great.  it would take some time to get used to living there.. same for australia. had fun in melbourne and sydney though. melbourne is a bit like portland in some ways. 

i'd probably look to canada first if i was trying to become a resident somewhere other than USA. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ignatius said:

it's really far away. i went there in 2005 and it's amazing but also small in a lot of ways.  as a westerner/american it felt quite different and strange. i'd go back though. the people i met were mostly great.  it would take some time to get used to living there.. same for australia. had fun in melbourne and sydney though. melbourne is a bit like portland in some ways. 

i'd probably look to canada first if i was trying to become a resident somewhere other than USA. 

Yukon is pretty much next door to me. And some of our fellow Canadian WATMMers I've already met IRL. But I'd need a good, solid reason.

I've lived in Japan before, but realistically it's not a viable option for long-term residence. I'd mostly likely only be able to do so on a one or two-year English teaching contract.

Or we can remain here and hope that we make it out of another potential four years of Trump bullshit with actual light at the end of the tunnel. I dunno. No matter what the election results will be in November, I don't see a way out of this political miasma any time soon.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, timbre monke said:

Yukon is pretty much next door to me. And some of our fellow Canadian WATMMers I've already met IRL. But I'd need a good, solid reason.

I've lived in Japan before, but realistically it's not a viable option for long-term residence. I'd mostly likely only be able to do so on a one or two-year English teaching contract.

Or we can remain here and hope that we make it out of another potential four years of Trump bullshit with actual light at the end of the tunnel. I dunno. No matter what the election results will be in November, I don't see a way out of this political miasma any time soon.

same. 

i have a friend in Whitehorse in the Yukon. visited her several years ago. had an amazing time. don't think i could live there especially the WTF cold as fuck winters. i loved BC though and hanging out in vancouver a bit was great. hard to live there though because fucking expensive rent etc. not seriously thinking about leaving USA because it's just improbable for so many reasons for me.

besides, portland is pretty good. hard to be american and be aware of how shitty this country can be as a world player. long time problem though. a shame we can't just opt out. i guess we have to fight for the country we want america to be. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

update on sleepy Joe's VP search:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/08/biden-veep-search-304854

In the last week alone, two prospects who were initially not considered among the top tier contenders have suddenly burst into contention: Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms and Florida Rep. Val Demings.

Both have been tapped by the Biden campaign to act as leading surrogates amid the unrest and have seen their national media exposure intensify.

Bottoms is being vetted as a Biden running mate, two sources with knowledge of the discussions confirm to POLITICO. Demings, a former Orlando police chief, has previously confirmed she’s being vetted.

I would think that if he ends up going with an African American woman as VP he'll win easily. I've seen some interviews with Mayor Bottoms and she seems very well spoken and genuine. but for me, I don't really care who he picks because he's already got my vote due to the fact that his name is not donald j. trump.

• Like 1

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/502000-sanders-i-have-a-better-relationship-with-joe-biden-than-i-had-with-hillary

Sanders said the former vice president has been “open and personable and friendly, but his views and my views are very different, in some areas more than others.” The Vermont progressive predicted Biden will be “rather strong” on a push for a new economy and said Biden wants to be “as strong as possible” on climate change.

The senator said he is waiting to see what the six task forces, made up of his own and Biden’s supporters, come up with for agreements on the economy, health care, immigration reform, criminal justice reform, education and climate change policies. 

“Joe has been open to having his people sit down with some of the most progressive folks in America, and that’s a good sign,” Sanders said.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

this reminds me of those scenes in films where, say, there is a race, and a character looses on purpose so another kid who has never won a race gets to experience the same feeling. then the dad pulls him aside and says "guess you'll get them next time son" and the son looks back at the other kid getting celebrated and goes "yeah. i guess. but even though i lost, it feels great dad"

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Kanye West Says He’s Done With Trump—Opens Up About White House Bid, Damaging Biden And Everything In Between

https://www.forbes.com/sites/randalllane/2020/07/08/kanye-west-says-hes-done-with-trump-opens-up-about-white-house-bid-damaging-biden-and-everything-in-between/#7206286047aa

“We pray. We pray for the freedom. It’s all about God. We need to stop doing things that make God mad.”

EOrTE6t.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Facepalm 2
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

hope Kanye runs as an independent and qualifies for the debates. think about the ratings those'll get. huge numbers. huge.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, zero said:

hope Kanye runs as an independent and qualifies for the debates. think about the ratings those'll get. huge numbers. huge.

he created a new party called the birthday party coz if he wins, it will be everyone's birthday. his running mate is michelle tidball (a biblical life coach who doesn't watch the news) and his campaign advisors are elon musk (baller and mars colonist) and kim kardashian and plans to implement a government that runs similar to marvels black panther movie "in wakanda"

kanye.gif

• Burger 1

53 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

his running mate is michelle tidball (a biblical life coach who doesn't watch the news) 

wow she's a gold mine of crazy...what a way to start your bio:

I pursue God!  As long as I can remember including a time when I was six months old and my mother awoke to find that I was slipping away into a crib death. In a hospital tent God first visited me and spoke life which I can still recall today. 

• Thanks 1
  • Burger 2