IGNORED

Zines - General Thread

Rubin Farr

Weird Walk is great

Tqzine.Blogspot.com for a true walk through the weird underground music world

The Bristol Germ is one to look out for, interviews and music from the avon area

Chewnzine is made by a friend of mine, mixing diy bands/promoters with recipes and foody related banter

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

Weird Walk is great

Tqzine.Blogspot.com for a true walk through the weird underground music world

The Bristol Germ is one to look out for, interviews and music from the avon area

Chewnzine is made by a friend of mine, mixing diy bands/promoters with recipes and foody related banter

Links!

• Rubin Farr changed the title to Zines - General Thread

I would also add:

Noise Receptor - fantastic journal (definitely not a zine!) full of interviews and reviews surrounding industrial / noise / ambient / drone / electronics.  Really worth a read if you are into any of that.  Also check out the mammoth Spectrum Compendium that was released last year, cataloguing all of the 90s Spectrum zines by the same author.

Dialtone Aggressor - Noise based zine from Florida USA, interviews, gig reviews, photos, gear chats.

Since working on SnareRush, I have collated quite a network of contacts who make zines, it is a really interesting underground culture.

• Like 3

On 2/8/2020 at 2:25 AM, Rubin Farr said:

Wyrd Daze is a good one, and available as a free PDF:

https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/

Nice, will look into that.

Are you aware of Northern Earth?

Archaeology / folklore / environmental history... ignores religion and political agendas.  Quite refreshing to read! Mainly UK based findings but there are field reports from across the globe. I took a subscription out, £9 for 4 issues (1 year).  Good reading, really interesting. 

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

Didn't snarerush feature that Qebrus interview? Good read as far as I 'member. Somehow I cannot find it anymore, though

Yes, it was a weird and beautiful thing.

I e-mailed Sam Fez (Love Love) trying to see if I could contact qebrus after the release of the awesome ᐔ ᐌ ᐂ ᐍ ᐚ

Eventually got an email address for him, and it was really cool that he replied and was keen on answering my questions and supporting my little project. I just did a reprint of that issue of the zine a couple of months ago, and its sold out again already.

Really honoured to have swapped 1's and 0's across the internet with him.

Ref:- Stickers.  New Snare/Rush stickers coming soon!

Another one to recommend, Special Interests from Finland is all about the experimental, noise, power electronics, drone and doom.  Great black and white zine, was an A5 style book but in the last issue they have switched it up to an A4 size.  Full of what you would expect - collage artwork, interviews, reviews, gig photos, dread and damnation.

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2020 at 10:24 PM, Rubin Farr said:

SEAGRAVE's occasional music / hip-hop culture / graffiti zine with really nice photos:

https://seagrave.bandcamp.com/merch/graver-2-quondam-ii-48-page-b-w-zine-layout-by-req-tdk-first-edition

I have the first issue of this, really great stories and art included.  The diary from squat raves in the 90s particularly great to read.

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The latest issue of Northern Earth is a digital free download special, and can be found here

https://northernearth.wordpress.com/index/

An interesting blend of archaeology, folklore and history... serious work but interesting.

Also received issue 1 and 2 of Hellebore over the weekend, looking forward to diving in.  Amazing art and design upon initial flick through!

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Like 1