IGNORED

A. G. Cook - 7G

1 hour ago, elseqonethroughfive said:

Yesssss!

I couldn't agree more.

The range of styles is quite ridiculous, I've never heard an album like it honestly

How can you jump from songs like "undying" to "note velocity" to "triptych demon"....

17 minutes ago, chassis said:

Its weird I could have sworn I saw orders or pre-orders for the CD, but I actually can't find them anywhere now.

Please let me know if you ever find this available as a cd set.

1 hour ago, ventolin68 said:

Please let me know if you ever find this available as a cd set.

I must have been mistaken. Maybe I wasn't really paying attention as the digital release says "7-disc" and I assumed it meant CD?

I was not familiar with this guy before this, but I am pretty blown away by the range of styles on this release. While the sound design could take some getting used to, I can't help but wonder how there is not a stinker in bunch? Most acts struggle to cobble together 10 tracks.

1 hour ago, chassis said:

I must have been mistaken. Maybe I wasn't really paying attention as the digital release says "7-disc" and I assumed it meant CD?

yeah no physical release so far

the "CD" thing is just to separate the different 'styles' as the album is split into 7 parts - drum, guitar, piano, supersaw, nord etc 

Agree with all the praise in here!  This is easily one of my fav releases of the year.  Never really got into PC Music's catalog before this so I didn't really expect that but loving the variety and the consistency on this thing.  

And apparently A.G. Cook just announced another album is coming in September called "Apple".  This one seems more traditional with only 10 tracks: 

https://www.residentadvisor.net/news/73313

On 8/20/2020 at 1:33 AM, AgentCooper said:

Agree with all the praise in here!  This is easily one of my fav releases of the year.  Never really got into PC Music's catalog before this so I didn't really expect that but loving the variety and the consistency on this thing.  

And apparently A.G. Cook just announced another album is coming in September called "Apple".  This one seems more traditional with only 10 tracks: 

https://www.residentadvisor.net/news/73313

it's more shania twain than afx... ?

Played the first couple of ‘discs’. Sounds a bit like a novelty record. Though there’s a million things ping pong every minute, weirdly I got bored real quick. 

rym fucking eats this shit up, kinda makes me a bit jealous since the old school cool electronica peeps (as well as some cool electronica netlabels) get straight up ignored on the site. i'm sure i'd enjoy me some of this pc music stuff though

• 2 weeks later...

Archived