IGNORED

Deftones – Ohms – September 25

jules

I'll give it a spin tomorrow. Hopefully it's better than Gore, which I played maybe....twice.

As sidewinder said earlier, in an expertly crafted post, I identify Deftones with such nostalgia, it's hard for me to listen to them without feeling like I'm 22. So when I play White Pony I get feelings and emotions of happiness and a rush of nostalgic endorphins, but when I play there new stuff, I feel kind of......old.

Hah! Maybe I'm thinking way to much into this? We shall see tomorrow ?

• Like 1

I really like it on 1st few listens. Nothing new but wasn't expecting it to be, but everything sounds so fucking amazing!

Such a full lush sound but with room for everything to breath and the guitar riffs sounding particularly heavy and epic. 

• Like 1

Wait for the last one « Ohms » ! :crazy:

those two tracks are sure growers

they have classic Deftones elements, and the little new style with samples upfront with guitar. I love it. 

I'm so glad they went with Terry Date as producer again.  Around the Fur and White Pony have always been two of my favourite sounding heavy albums.  The guitars just sound right.  Yep, this kicks ass.  Really digging the ghostly keyboard atmospheres too.  And... finger snaps?  About fucking time someone threw that on a metal album.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Like 3

^agreed on the Terry Date and previous mentions about the album sounding good but still having space for the instruments and to vibe. that said, i only listened to it on YouTube so i imagine it really does sound actually good on some high quality listening format. i had good but not great first impressions. it sounded certainly better than Gore, but that's not a difficult achievement. a few tracks did stand out tho, so i'm hopeful some further listens will bear it out to be an album worth picking up.

I was playing this yesterday but had my niece and nephew launching various types of balls around me, and hassling me to play Kidz Bop (I quite like Whoomp!! There It is lol) but what I did hear this sounded really great. Gonna blast this as soon as I can!!!

• 1 month later...