IGNORED

The Avalanches - We Will Always Love You

image.thumb.jpeg.60caa580b9277fbd5e2e18ddae57a2e9.jpeg

We're very happy to share with you the cover for our new album, "We Will Always Love You". 

Designed by our dear friend Jonathan Zawada, the sleeve features Ann Druyan, (Creative Director of the Voyager Golden Record Project), who’s cosmic love story inspired this music. 

In keeping with the album's theme of everlasting love as an undying vibration, Ann's image was run through a spectograph, turned into sound, and back again. The image remains hidden, deep within in the grooves of the music, for you to discover if you wish.

An exploration of the vibrational relationship between light, sound and spirit, "We Will Always Love You" will be available for pre-order next week, with more details to follow soon.

Interstellar Love,

The Avalanches

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Gocab said:

There is a single and it's cheesy as hell.

Yeah just found the singles and had the same thought as I started "Running Red Lights". Terrible, much worse than "Wherever You Go" but yeah this isn't gonna be for me. The title track with Blood Orange was fine but I don't need to listen to it again. 

Signing off.

Edited by sidewinder
I added words.
  • Like 2

On 9/11/2020 at 1:15 PM, sidewinder said:

Yeah just found the singles and had the same thought as I started "Running Red Lights". Terrible, much worse than "Wherever You Go" but yeah this isn't gonna be for me. The title track with Blood Orange was fine but I don't need to listen to it again. 

Signing off.

I like cheesy when it's redeeming. Like that hoo hoo haha song from the new orbital album. That shit ruled so hard, that trumpet lead. I want more cheese like that.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I’m liking this a lot. When I first saw the length and guest list I thought for sure it would be overstuffed, and from the single I heard thought it would lack focus and direction. I was absolutely wrong. It’s a soulful, psychedelic disco album best suited for nighttime listening. It goes by quickly and for the most part if you didn’t tell me there were guests on these tracks, I wouldn’t know it.

pretty much a concept album. It’s pretty and well produced. These guys are 3 for 3 in my book.

• Like 1

ok so i've been feeling a little underwhelmed on the lead up to this release, but it turns out the singles (for the most part) are actually the weakest tracks on the album. i was expecting something a bit boring, but it's actually quite nice. 

i still definitely prefer wildflower and SILY, but this is still a worthy entry in their discography. 

• Like 1