IGNORED

www.brothomstates.com

• 2 weeks later...

It's kind of nice that there's this really juicy stuff just floating around out there, though, innit? I like it that way.

No, it's not nice. So here's a Brothomstates / Airliner Series archive on GoogleDrive. plenty of remixes by brothomstates, compilationtracks and live gigs from brothomstates. Dig in.

Link removed

Edited by mcbpete
Link removed

this track sounds like the one he did with bill yard on qito

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_-oTNmpewU

*hyperventilates* OMG this track was actually released?! I was only familiar with it from a demoscene vid and figured that was the only place to get it!

MUST GET THIS COMP!

It's kind of nice that there's this really juicy stuff just floating around out there, though, innit? I like it that way.

No, it's not nice. So here's a Brothomstates / Airliner Series archive on GoogleDrive. plenty of remixes by brothomstates, compilationtracks and live gigs from brothomstates. Dig in.

Link removed

Cheers!!! Edited by mcbpete
Link removed

*hyperventilates* OMG this track was actually released?! I was only familiar with it from a demoscene vid and figured that was the only place to get it!

MUST GET THIS COMP!

Woah, the drums have changed considerably since the version I originally heard

"It's Daddy you shithead where's my Bourbon ... Bourbon .... Bourbon"

Link removed

cheers thanks!

brothomstates soundcloud dump plz

Edited by mcbpete
Link removed

MUST GET THIS COMP!

Yeah exactly, the Codename Chinadoll mix is a bit different from the live Radiomafia mix.

MUST GET THIS COMP!

Yeah exactly, the Codename Chinadoll mix is a bit different from the live Radiomafia mix.

What an amazing track - and I second it does sound like Brothomstates vs Bill Yard (one of my favourite Brothomstates tracks)

Link removed

Is this stuff freely available to download? Edited by mcbpete
Link removed

Brothomstates is absolutely perfect. I first heard his stuff with Qtio and Claro back in the days of getting Warp cds delivered to my door from their online store. It was the second wave for all this for me, by that point. I had lived through the early days in the whole of the 90s, and now was buying coffee shop level stylish brushed cardboard minimalist art gallery products over the internet. It was almost as if the 90s never happened, or at least the effect I thought I was getting fed into my very being didn't stick. It was a melancholic and sad time, and felt far more organised than the free-for-all of the 90s.

Anyway, Qtio and Claro were the stand outs from this era, and the sound definitely sums it all up for me; a new, solid digital era, tinged with warm sadness and sunsets. I would go back there for sure, as the proceeding years were far worse. Only now that we are able to revisit that time with nostalgia (which is terrifying) can we see the awesomeness within.

Lassi made pretty much the best music of the whole era for sure. He was (is) a Renoise user too, and you can hear that in his work.

He wasn't just a Renoise user; he's a living tracker legend. My favorite quote about him is something along the lines of him being able to do more with 23kb than anyone else can do with racks of plugins. The Quite demos take that to another level still.

He wasn't just a Renoise user; he's a living tracker legend. My favorite quote about him is something along the lines of him being able to do more with 23kb than anyone else can do with racks of plugins. The Quite demos take that to another level still.

Oh yeah without a doubt! Just mentioned Renoise because I spoke to him once on the forum there. I used to be heavily into Renoise and trackers in general, so thought I would mention it.

I am on a massive Brothomstates binge now, thanks to this thread. Exactly what I needed I think.

Is this stuff freely available to download?

Ooh good shout - Took a look and saw the Airliner series (available to legally download from Bandcamp) and the entries to Touched as well. So no - link removed ! (soz esaruoho, but there's commercially released stuff on there ....)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I don't know anything about brothom, never heard a track by them until that one there you posted Goiter. What a track!!!!

I'm intrigued.

Take the plunge Stephen! You'll be so glad you did. You can pick the Warp album 'Claro' for next to nothing and it's one of the very best electronic albums from that era (2001ish). His discog is pretty small.

EDIT: this is one of my fav tracks from 'Claro'; so dark:

Edited by Goiter Sanchez

I remember the first time I discovered Brothomstates...it was in 2001, might've been May. Qtio automatically played on Warp's home page when it finished loading, back when it had a featured track. (And everything looked like blocks and squares.) Found out later that Lassi Nikko sampled "Passin' Me By" by The Pharcyde in that track.

I still really like Claro.

I remember the first time I discovered Brothomstates...it was in 2001, might've been May. Qtio automatically played on Warp's home page when it finished loading, back when it had a featured track. (And everything looked like blocks and squares.) Found out later that Lassi Nikko sampled "Passin' Me By" by The Pharcyde in that track.

I still really like Claro.

I miss those days...

Found out later that Lassi Nikko sampled "Passin' Me By" by The Pharcyde in that track.

Aah, wondered where that's from. Just Youtube'd it - the main loop sounds real familiar, is that from a Nightmares on Wax track (who no doubt sampled it from somewhere else !)

Guest Chesney

Claro and qtio are ace, I'd really like to hear some more. What has happened to him?

I only heard of him when he had Mr Kitschock on that drinks advert (7up maybe?)