IGNORED

Machinedrum - Vapor City Archives

fumi

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's maddening right now is that he's becoming pretty formulaic but yet it's still a tasty fucking formula, I mean what a junglejukewerk-lushminorchords-onmy-acoustic-fadeout-to-echochamber-reverb brah to do?

What's maddening right now is that he's becoming pretty formulaic but yet it's still a tasty fucking formula, I mean what a junglejukewerk-lushminorchords-onmy-acoustic-fadeout-to-echochamber-reverb brah to do?

Pays the bills man. He'd much rather be making music like the below, sucks to be a musician these days g

Shit, imagine how Tycho feels.

vapor city wasn't good enough to have archives

Vapor City was a great album, but I do agree with this sentiment a bit... I'd rather hear something fresh than outtakes of the same formula which could get old.

I just bought this from Bleep. I enjoyed Vapor City a lot but have to say this is a little disappointing. It's just such a slight piece of work. The tracks are just too weak to make up an album that can stand on its own. Maybe it will improve over time.

Listened to it twice more since I last posted. Still feels like demos that didn't make it onto the original album.

Doubt I will bother with it much now. There's too much other good stuff vying for attention.

I picked this up on CD yesterday from my local place. It came with a download card, which is nice. Said WAVs are 24-bit, no less!

Anyway I kinda like it. Sorta low-key and not mind-blowing, but, as has been mentioned in this thread already, it's a pleasant formula.

What are our thoughts on the "Vapor City Citizenship Programme" bevy of bonus tracks? My DL included those as well but I have not listened to them yet…

^

My download from Ninja Tune didnt include the remix tracks but they were mentioned on the card. Will try and download again.

To be clear, it was available on the same page the card took me to, but it was a separate link and .zip. mp3 only :/

I'd be interested in hearing the extra citizenship remixes.

Wonder if this is on there?

Don't have them in front of me right now but I believe so! I think it's everything.

Really? I would definitely want a FLAC of that.

I'll have to get that Citizenship set by other means because Bleep offered nothing with their downloads.

Of topic, Ascdi, you're gearing up for that Eno back catalogue stuff?

Bet your credit card isn't.

Really? I would definitely want a FLAC of that.

I'll have to get that Citizenship set by other means because Bleep offered nothing with their downloads.

Of topic, Ascdi, you're gearing up for that Eno back catalogue stuff?

Bet your credit card isn't.

Yeah I wish the bonus stuff was available in lossless but at least via the Ninja DL it was mp3 only. Lots of tracks though.

And yeah, sure am! I perused the objects a bit in the store yesterday and they seem quite worthy—those rather nice little CD book things. Local place has 'em for like 14 bucks a pop which is about on par with Amazon and elsewhere.

I dunno. I wish I didn't have 3 of the 4 already. But my desire to own the complete set is strong, so…

Archived