IGNORED

[Indiegogo Crowdfund] to score back 145 Lackluster/Esa Ruoho records from U-Cover Records, Belgium.

esaruoho

Here's your chance to take part in a weird 'n wonky project that's trying to raise $600 in order to purchase back CDs (Esa Ruoho: Spaces, Lackluster: Slice) from a defunct Belgian label that was once called U-Cover Records. They'll be listed up on Discogs and on Bandcamp and there's a few perks in there that might be interesting for you, if you're interested in, well, stuff that's interesting to those who are interested in listening to music by Lackluster a.k.a. me.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/to-purchase-145-lackluster-cds-to-re-sell-them/x/373141

I can confirm that the crowdfund project is almost over, and a complete utter failure. Well, maybe I'm exaggerating - there's still over 40 days left.

I'm interested in what the forum thinks about this, what kinds of perks would you like to see in this project, and any kind of other type of feedback too. Tell your mates, if you're so inclined. I can still add more perks, etc, and will be using this template to also score back vinyls + cds from Merck Records, and later on, Repulsine EP cds from SLSK Records.

So this is a learning experience.

Yours, Esa

p.s. I have a new record out called Lexicon of Goods.

p.p.s. I didn't know where to post about the indiegogo project. Sorry guys!

if watmm dont lend support to this then what is the point of watmm? :-)

The point of WATMM is to fellate Richard in a textual form.

Esa I would love to help fund this but I'm down to my last dollar for a little while here.

if watmm dont lend support to this then what is the point of watmm? :-)

Esa I would love to help fund this but I'm down to my last dollar for a little while here.

Goiter Sanchez: I appreciate the sentiment.. There's still 40+ days left, so maybe it'll change.

Guys, any thoughts on the perks, should I add more perks? smaller perks?

I'm going to pitch in for this, if my cash allows. Don't give everything away for free, Esa. Your stuff is already within "free" reach on the web for those who have resolved not to pay for it. Hopefully more WATTMers take note of this and get the wheels moving!

Folks should donate to this and help out a fellow WATMMer, even if it's just a buck or two - I've added the link to the indygogo on the main forum index to the sidebar.

Let's make this happen, WATMM!

Supported. Good luck.

Thanks so much! I'll be sending those autographed Slice + Spaces CDs either after the campaign ends, or right now if you like. What's your preference?

lackluster posts here? crazy. great music dude :)

Thanks Mesh Gear Fox, I try to post here every once in a while. I posted about my new LP Lexicon of Goods a while ago, and uhh stuff. :)

btw, working on stretch goals now for the indiegogo, should be interesting. Have a few nice ideas

advice? give everything away for free

mind you im sloshed off my face in a nightclub right now

Hi chunky - I'm actually in the process of doing some math and counting how much free stuff I've made available over the years, including but not limited to 15 live gig recordings and many EPs and LPs over the years via netlabels :) Was going to count the minutes and hours of it and then compare to the releases that are only available via digital sales (iTunes, Bandcamp, CDBaby etc) and see. It's probably quite a few hours!

I do hold name-your-price months over bandcamp, and sometimes forget to toggle them off, and might do that this year, depending on how this crowdfund effort works out :)

Folks should donate to this and help out a fellow WATMMer, even if it's just a buck or two

Thanks Joyrex! I added more perks:

post-99-0-43946800-1422005854_thumb.png

post-99-0-39911500-1422005942_thumb.png

post-99-0-87316800-1422005882_thumb.png

The double-vinyl-bundle's "R U Oho?" only has signatures from me, not Sense, Xhale, Esem, Brothomstates, obviously. Cos that would be ludicrous.

post-99-0-55676400-1422005985_thumb.png

thirtythreesupport from me. Good luck and fooking forward to your nice music, also I owe you something because I once (long ago) pissed you off in good old IDM mailing list, which was a fault by me and I apologize.

thirtythreesupport from me. Good luck and fooking forward to your nice music, also I owe you something because I once (long ago) pissed you off in good old IDM mailing list, which was a fault by me and I apologize.

Hi! I've been scouring Indiegogo to get in touch with the $33 person to have him/her select the 3 records they want as mp3/flac via http://lackluster.bandcamp.com/

So.. which ones (3) would you like? Can mail your list to esaruoho@gmail.com

Regards IDM-list, I've been a right twat there numerous times, so you owe me nothin!

I think it's safe to say that a lot of us from the late 90s/early 00s were young twats.

Little more than half way there! :) I went for the $50 perk, but if the $76 perk was there before I probably would have went with that instead!

Does R U Oho? exist digitally as flac/wav in a context that I can purchase (though strapped I'd forgo a meal to have that one)?

I can confirm that a Merck Carepackage is on the way via my bandcamp page. What's in it so far:

Lackluster: Intro 1 ( Frank Bolero Re-construct)

All tracks from R U Oho? (Merck Release) except the 13/10/99 one that is on Showcase

Vinyl-only tracks from Showcase Sampler 12".

Vinyl-only tracks from "A Lackluster Remixer 12"" (Yep, the illicit Beck remix will be there)

post-99-0-40363300-1422047698_thumb.png

Thing is, I don't have any sensible artwork for this, as of right now. Otherwise it would be out already.

Insider info: Lexicon of Goods - the album - was ready back in April 2014. I had 4 people fail to do the artwork over the course of time, including label-picked artists, and close friends, and eventually wound up having my girlfriend come up with the idea of what it could look like, and paying someone to do it, and that took 3 additional weeks, hence why the album came out in December 2014.

So it's not a case of "surely you have artists trying to enter your house from all possible windows and entrances, trying to give you their artwork so you'd use it" :)

I also have a "deFocus vinyl only package as FLAC/WAV/MP3" ready to go for Bandcamp, apart from that KCL2 track which is an exclusive vinyl-only track for the Wrapping FOC369LP version. I was actually hoping to release them at one go, a deFocus carepackage and a Merck carepackage..

Best wishes Lackluster. Some of those old merck mixes from 2003-2004 are cherished.

! I just unloaded some of the Merck Mix CDs to a distributor in St.Petersburg while I was playing a gig there.. So he has I believe Merck Mix 2 and Merck Mix 3. They wound up getting listed on Discogs by the guy, which I guess was what one should've expected..

Archived