IGNORED

watmm is back up ... (aka the Memegration)

zazen

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/17/2023 at 3:13 AM, J3FF3R00 said:

Change your theme to anything except WATMM After Dark” or “WATMM Muted (Dark)”.

Thanks, I can breathe again. Shame the other themes are so outdated. It's like browsing watmm through the Wayback Machine. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, cern said:

@Joyrex This is When you trying to login to WATMM from phone, wifi etc in Asia: Is it because cutting costs so you need to block countries from login? 

Skrmavbild2023-08-21kl_01_53_54.thumb.png.dc2425a7e6c6b573adf474030d5c0c31.png

Very odd. I don't think it's region specific.

I can access WATMM from my phone, but unable to reach it from the desktop. Tried clearing cache, different browser, etc. But nothing seems to work.

• Like 1

Don't think he's bothered tbh. Maybe the end is nigh for watmm. The fact that I got help from a random post from J3FF3ROO seems a bit odd. Seems kinda weird way to treat very loyal forum members. 

• Like 2

cloudflare has a lot of defaults that are overzealous. watmm just needs to turn down the security settings in their cloudflare account and it should solve this sort of thing

Sorry this whole migration has been a bit of a shitshow and I’ve been unresponsive as of late.

Dealing with a lot of stuff ATM (life) so I haven’t had the time or bandwidth to devote to these issues.

BTW posting this from mobile so at least for me, not an issue.

I will look at the Cloudflare settings and see if there’s anything there that can help.

I don’t think I explained why we migrated, but rest assured it was for many good reasons that will eliminate issues like this and require less hands-on effort on my part to keep the site running.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

it was for many good reasons that will eliminate issues like this and require less hands-on effort on my part to keep the site running.

No offense but so far this does not seem to be the case at all lol

Also still lots of things broken from before. Still no spoilers or bandcamp embeds. Things still missing e.g. standard emojis in pre-migration posts. Those seem like they are probably hands-on issues.

I know life stuff comes up etc and I get that but we're paying to use this site and have been pretty patient already. Choosing to do the migration during a release from one of the two main featured artists was a pretty cringe/head-scratcher move as well. Being here to discuss new releases and share that collective moment is one of the only reasons to be a member of the site in the first place. Just seemed careless/uncaring and a bit of a snub tbh. I imagine Autechre fans all across the internet saw that and took note, and it was probably pretty bad for the site's already dubious reputation. 

When life gets in the way, maybe delegate? From what I can see there are at least 2 other "site administrators" and numerous mods (what do they do exactly?) I'd think this would be a priority. 

/my 2 cents

Edited by toaoaoad
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, toaoaoad said:

and it was probably pretty bad for the site's already dubious reputation

What “dubious reputation” are you referring to, or are you speaking about how you feel personally?

I understand you may disagree about the timing, etc. but I also appreciate you’re not aware of the issues surrounding the reasons for the migration, etc., so I do understand your frustration.

And unfortunately I am not in a position to delegate to others, otherwise I would have done so - just like you and everyone else, life outside this site is the priority and while I understand you feel deserving because you pay to use and support the site, please also note that I have run this site for nearly 25 years out of my own pocket, and only in the last 10 years has there been a semi-requirement to pay. I also, contrary to what most people assume, do not compensate myself nor the Moderators for the time they graciously volunteer.

Again, my apologies for the less than perfect migration and my perceived lack of attentiveness during this time, but I will get these minor issues sorted out, and WATMM will be the better for it in the long run.

• Like 5

This place has survived for 25 years thanks to papa. Papa knows what he's doing.

Closing this thread as the first annual meme-only festival has now finished 👍

• Thanks 1

• zazen locked this topic