IGNORED

Blackbox Life Recorder nominated for 2024 Grammy Awards

Rubin Farr

• 2 months later...

eh I love Rumble so I'm not all that bothered

not that I care either way honestly, I used to watch the Grammy's but I really do not take them seriously anymore especially after this year's nominations in every category 💀

• Like 2

I think you guys are being a little harsh. That track was a huge sensation this year. And also part of a project that represented a big return for skrillex with a whole new sound and style. Shifting away from the brostep sound that made him popular. most outside this community would probably agree that it at least had a big impact, whether it deserved to win or not. I don't think it was all THAT special but I don't really feel like blackbox life recorder was that special either.

53 minutes ago, Bubba69 said:

I think you guys are being a little harsh. That track was a huge sensation this year. And also part of a project that represented a big return for skrillex with a whole new sound and style. Shifting away from the brostep sound that made him popular. most outside this community would probably agree that it at least had a big impact, whether it deserved to win or not. I don't think it was all THAT special but I don't really feel like blackbox life recorder was that special either.

I found this one more interesting:

Also this is a forum with loads of subjective takes on music. Just because it's a sensation doesn't mean it has to resonate with a large percentage of people here.. It does mean it did that with the general population though. I do like this road taken by Mr. Skrillex, would like to see him team up with Jlin for a track. I want more melodies, more subbass, less EDM hype structure and then it'd be some banging dancefloor ideas honestly

• Like 2