IGNORED

SAW II turns 30

chenGOD

1 hour ago, silentvision said:

Email communicaton from Warp

spacer.png

Production of the Selected Ambient Works Volume II limited box sets is well underway. The individual copper plates for the boxes are turning out beautifully, with each one developing a unique patina. We’ll keep you up to date with progress.

Looks awesome, what a way to enshrine the album.

11 minutes ago, Mattthegoone said:

They look well in fairness, I have to say I'm keen to see what some tycoon pays for one of these when they go up on ebay and discogs having missed the pre-order while trophy hunting lion in the serengeti 

maybe not as much as we'd expect?

the limited afx stuff is usually first come first served and/or super exclusive, but this was made to order with worldwide availability. makes me think that basically everyone who really wants this had already ordered one, so the demand should be a lot lower for this. at least for the foreseeable. i guess the value will gradually increase over the years.

also out of curiosity, does anyone know a ballpark figure of how many boxes were actually made?

29 minutes ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

also out of curiosity, does anyone know a ballpark figure of how many boxes were actually made?

looks like 9

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

maybe not as much as we'd expect?

the limited afx stuff is usually first come first served and/or super exclusive, but this was made to order with worldwide availability. makes me think that basically everyone who really wants this had already ordered one, so the demand should be a lot lower for this. at least for the foreseeable. i guess the value will gradually increase over the years.

I don't know, there definitely seems to be a load of people saying that they ordered it (on Reddit in particular, I assume a good number of them are American teenagers telling porkies) I don't think it will be that rare even at such an eye-watering retail price

The reason I'm keen to see what happens is because I haven't a clue, I can't remember the hullabaloo like this for the Syro Ltd edition at all, my memory is shit but I think that one just went over my head completely unnoticed which is unusual for me as I'm collecting Afx vinyl since the 90s

Some fuckwit paid close to 500 on ebay for that Barcelona 10" before the 2 tracks were even leaked, I know this is different, there's a separate edition with the 'new' tracks for a more reasonable price and everybody knows the new tracks on it and most importantly as you said this one was available to everyone unlike the exclusive gig releases but Im sure theres a few crazies with fat pockets that missed it for whatever reason who will fork out for this, effectively for the packaging

I'd have thought some mad cunt in a world of many will pay more for this, I could be wrong (I too often am)

Warp, sign some hungry wolves that make good music and support them if you want peanutbutter on your sandwich instead of releasing this old ass record everyone and their grandma heard.

afx give us a new album or retire in peace like boc, what the heck is going on??

Sorry having a bad day 👋🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Ivan Ooze said:

Warp, sign some hungry wolves that make good music and support them if you want peanutbutter on your sandwich instead of releasing this old ass record everyone and their grandma heard.

afx give us a new album or retire in peace like boc, what the heck is going on??

Richie just put out the ploink/doink 12" split in a generic sleeve and charge us a tenner 😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:

Something tells me that Warp would be more than happy to release a new Aphex Twin, Autechre, or BOC album.

What gig was the doink track played in first again? Australia 2012 I think but I forget and can't find it now, i want to listen to it again?

Sorry I think it was melt

30 minutes ago, Mattthegoone said:

What gig was the doink track played in first again? Australia 2012 I think but I forget and can't find it now, i want to listen to it again?

Sorry I think it was melt

After much searching I found it

And going back to 2003, release the pressure

8 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:

Warp, sign some hungry wolves that make good music and support them

too busy signing trust fund indie rock goobers, sorry!

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, DavieAddison said:

Just snagged the cassette. Is that a different type of tape than the one that was sold out?

The sold out ones are chrome and these are ferric from what i understand. Also not in one large box with 2 cassettes but rather split into 2 single boxes.

Just now, shelly said:

The sold out ones are chrome and these are ferric from what i understand. Also not in one large box with 2 cassettes but rather split into 2 single boxes.

Ah, damn.

8 minutes ago, shelly said:

£40.jpg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, shelly said:

lol i realized all that after purchasing it ... but ok, better something than nothing I guess; the ferric ones sound fuller iirc

29 minutes ago, logboy said:

£40.jpg

will it make us poor? or, would it made us less poor if it was 30 pounds? i doubt that 😉 

Edited by xox

39 minutes ago, shelly said:

th1 [envslower] (#26) also now on streaming, btw

just listening to it! beautifully beautiful and timeless 

On 8/23/2024 at 7:40 PM, Wunderbar said:

i spend all my money and bought like 30. I plan on building a little house from it to live in.

A Wendy House? Just like Mr James?

IMG_0917.thumb.jpeg.4a9651194e0dbff98c468ff316f485f9.jpeg

• Haha 1

Yep had to get me one of the cassettes, definitely missed out on the chrome ones first time around. Signed up for the listening party email as well out of curiosity.