IGNORED

Plastikman - Musik (30th Anniversary 2LP)

Rubin Farr

I've got the Arkives box set without the remix vinyl package, it's a great set - but also several different format copies of the early album and 12" releases. Sheet One and Musik are the ground-breaking ones, from single tracks Spastik and Elektrostatik are my faves.The From My Mind To Yours set of tracks from his various aliases is very, very good as well. I finally got the Concept 1 tracks when they came out in digital, they're pretty good, too - but Hawtin has made a lot of completely disposable releases, too. The F.U.S.E. stuff is brilliant, natch. Hawtin does have a permanent place in my techno headcanon.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 2

Yeah he gets made fun of cuz he's kind of wank but can't deny his place in techno history. I too have the Arkives box set CD version lol. There are certified bangers in his catalog. Elektrostatik is legendary. Decks, EFX and 909 is also a fun listen from time to time. I love when he drops the nitzer ebb

5 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

Decks, EFX and 909 is also a fun listen from time to time.

The fun thing about that is that I can't really listen to it, but I have most of the tracks on vinyl, so I've got that going for me. DE9 is much harder in that aspect, but I have a considerable chunk of the tracks used in that, too. So much Mika Vainio and Sleeparchive.

1 hour ago, thumbass said:

Most of plastikmans music us boring as shit to me, what does everyone see in it?

Dunno what to say that can help you understand! Many ppl say the same thing about early SND (tplay, newtables, travelog) or Mika Vainio’s albums like Olento!

imo Plastikman was never at the same level but close enough to make comparisons relevant to your question 😉 

20 minutes ago, species8472 said:

i guess you don't like techno?

I just don't like minimal technology I guess. Love me a good banger or when a track is eventful enough I'll enjoy it as well. Albums like this just tend to lose me because I have a chaotic brain 

1 hour ago, xox said:

Dunno what to say that can help you understand! Many ppl say the same thing about early SND (tplay, newtables, travelog) or Mika Vainio’s albums like Olento!

imo Plastikman was never at the same level but close enough to make comparisons relevant to your question 😉 

Don't know a single of of the albums lol! Will check em out and see what they do for me