IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers guys, it just arrived Saturday.

I've been on the backup waiting list for 2 years. I never thought the day would come!

Wow, I wish I would have known there was a backup waiting list. I was on the original waiting list since he started accepting emails, I was supposed to have one from the first batch. He somehow didn't get my confirmation email when things finally started moving years later, and I sat patiently awaiting payment info etc, and finally fired off an email when I saw on some forums that people were getting theirs and turned out he didn't get the most crucial email of all out of all these years of waiting. The one saying I definitely still wanted the Fenix. He was apologetic about not getting the email, but all he said I could do at that point was ask to be on the spare parts list, never anything about a backup list in case people fell out. :sad:

You might have what would have been my Fenix II, good sir! Treat her well and enjoy your newly acquired Synton goodness. :music:

^ this is looking nice but that's a shame to place your speakers that way

Yeah, it's a bit of a problem now because I don't really have a solution on how to place them properly, but I usually work with headphones and when mixing with speakers I listen from the other end of the room so it's not that bad for placement but the acoustics in that room are currently absolutely horrible. I need to work that out somehow.

IMO speaker placement is really not something to get hung up on. Especially if you are a composer/producer, as the only real time you need a good stereo image is in mix down. As long as you can hear timbre clearly it's really not a big deal during composition. I used to have one on the floor and one on a shelf at head level, and my musical ideas didn't suffer in the least. :)

IMO speaker placement is really not something to get hung up on. Especially if you are a composer/producer, as the only real time you need a good stereo image is in mix down. As long as you can hear timbre clearly it's really not a big deal during composition. I used to have one on the floor and one on a shelf at head level, and my musical ideas didn't suffer in the least. :)

yeah i think that's fair.

In a perfect world, though...

Yeah well maybe I made that comment because I'm making all on the same config (composing + mixing) and find it pretty convenient. Keeping working on the mix throughout the composition of the track. I reckon it's not the most common way to go though. And I agree to say it's not that a big deal during the composition (although it makes sense to say that the more your installation is optimal, the more you've chance to fine tune your tracks well!)