IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

You can post whatever track and say it's a DJ tool. I just don't hear any relevance in it. If you told me it is elevator music, it would be shit track all the same. I thought one would post a relevant demo about what can a piece of HW do. Not just a random shit track with cliché filters as cherry on top. It's like with those crazy Korg/Yamaha demos based on super-cringy presets.

Edited by Jev

smh

Whatever man, if you don't want to understand context that's no skin off my teeth.

For those interested here's some actual tracks+mixes by the fella in question https://soundcloud.com/lukes-anger
I like this one:

Hope your cat's good, I've been training mine to say "hello", it's well funny. Staying at home with cats and machines all day is gr8. :))) xxX

Guest unteleportedman

DJ tools in action (GO TO 3:57 for best part):

[youtubehd]hbx2pY0NU4E[/youtubehd]

Edited by unteleportedman

smh

Whatever man, if you don't want to understand context that's no skin off my teeth.

For those interested here's some actual tracks+mixes by the fella in question https://soundcloud.com/lukes-anger

I like this one:

Hope your cat's good, I've been training mine to say "hello", it's well funny. Staying at home with cats and machines all day is gr8. :))) xxX

I understand the context. The track was a typical home-jam fun after Tempest was delivered by postal service. And for some reason he decided to release it on his Soundcloud and you decided to post it in this forum as a relevant demo of what is Tempest capable of.

OK, so this is supposed to be a regular track now, right? Or is this another mastered preset demo? And was it done with all the Elektrons, Tempest and Eurorack too?

Thank you for your kind words for my tomcat. He is a little devil trashing everything around him so I hide my stuff from him. I hope your cat is well too. They are cute animals. We found him on street and he decided to go with us. We couldn't get rid of him without breaking our hearts. He basically blackmailed us.

jev what did you think of my tempest vid on the last page? how does it rate on the boredom scale??

Will have to check it. Wait.

I have no idea what he made that track with, it's funky though.

I'm done with trying to reason with you. I guess you don't really understand djing and that's fine but maybe reel your neck in, speaking with authority when you don't have the foggiest is not a good look.

Feel free to get the last word, I'm gonna log off and write a brass part for m'matey.

Look forward to hearing some of your music sometime (assuming you make tunes up there).

i'm so fucking excited

Well, here it goes!

Sheatheman, it was better than the DJ tool track with less senseless noodling and some nice rhythmic moments but still pretty generic and preset-based. No reason to listen to it. But what can you expect right after getting the gear out of a box... I am sure it was fun to play though. Gear is beautiful.

i'm so fucking excited

Well, here it goes!

Sheatheman, it was better than the DJ tool track with less senseless noodling and some nice rhythmic moments but still pretty generic and preset-based. No reason to listen to it. But what can you expect right after getting the gear out of a box... I am sure it was fun to play though. Gear is beautiful.

breh, that contained zero presets.

also, i would like to say that, it's a club tool, and is used for making the thots dance, feel me?

i'm so fucking excited

Well, here it goes!

breh, that contained zero presets.

also, i would like to say that, it's a club tool, and is used for making the thots dance, feel me?

No presets? So you did recorded/designed those typical drums and synths from "zero"? Excellent job then. You are talented in recreating things. Too bad it sounded so typical and generic in the end.

No, I don't feel you. I listen to the music. The dance is just a side-product of an extremely amazing music that comes to me once in a few months (or few times in a year). Very rarely so to speak. I don't do drugs so that is maybe why I am not keen to forcefully dance to any random shit somebody produce and then lie to myself how amazing it was when it wasn't...

And Tempest is a tool for making music. You decided it's gonna be a club tool for you. I would use it differently (but soon probably abandon it and use computer for serious composition instead again).

I like the cut of Jev's jib. Watmm needs a lot more shit-talking, and not just 'you suck' but absolutely blistering takedowns. As long as the people delivering them aren't shills for Israel or similarly on the wrong side of history, I approve

Edited by John Ehrlichman

you have a lot of hate for formula

you know how restaurants interview new chefs? they don't ask them to make coq au vin. they ask them to make scrambled eggs. you feel me now?

also, curious what you think about fluorescent grey's music. links to follow......

you have a lot of hate for formula

you know how restaurants interview new chefs? they don't ask them to make coq au vin. they ask them to make scrambled eggs. you feel me now?

also, curious what you think about fluorescent grey's music. links to follow......

I have a lot of hate for music released just because their producers had fun making it while jamming a physically exciting piece of gear...

I have tons of GBs of jams I will never release because those sporadic exciting moments (often exciting just because of context of my own little achievement) are not worth anyone's time. A track has to stand a test of time. If it doesn't, it probably sucks.

If you cannot sit and listen carefully to a track without impatient movement and other distractions and finding no (at least jarring) mistake in it, then the track is probably not worth releasing.

People are usually too excited to release every little achievement they make in their own personal progress with music thinking it is a centre of the world.

Thanks, what is it? Got a link?

youtube has some... i dunno if you understand the lyrics. They are dada anyways.

Here is another one.

It has some nice moments with a personality, but the tracks are too short and too underdeveloped for serious long-term listening experience. I think I prefer Einsturzende Neubauten instead. Crazy too, but more sophisticated and the longevity is better.

It has some nice moments with a personality, but the tracks are too short and too underdeveloped for serious long-term listening experience. I think I prefer Einsturzende Neubauten instead. Crazy too, but more sophisticated and the longevity is better.

Sure, Neubauten was the better band, cause they actually had the chance to develop. "Halber Mensch", especially the video version is still in my top favs. ;)

Just for info:

This music originates from the other side of the iron curtain. It was made deep down in east germany in the 80ies before germany united. They disapeared after 1991 i think. Today only one of them still makes music: https://www.youtube.com/user/acculap