IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

@new place, nothing fancy but it has everything I need.. I'm getting a harddisk for the sampler this week, the one that I have now makes more noise then my computer.

Are your ears on backwards or something? "All the top producers mix with their backs to the monitors."

I dunno man, it works fine.

Just razzin' ya. I have an A3000 and the hard disk currently installed is a beast - so noisy. I don't think the mount has any dampening or anything. It's a shame that SCSI compact flash readers are so expensive...

I've read those CF readers are actually pretty buggy with the Yamaha's, and you can lose random data quickly..

just got my laptop harddisk fitted and it's great, almost stateless silence.. I can hear the fan again. you only need a converter from laptop sized to normal IDE, cheap stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

this is my new studio space, it's in the basement of where i live and it's a very small room with glass windows. i think i'll call it "the glass room" with a nod to dmx krew.

wAbXV.jpg

RTMkG.jpg

:spiteful:

i'd like to post a good studio pic here but the better hardware stuff I have apart from the computer is an electribe

one day hopefully

anyway some of your studios and equipment are mad fellows, hope you make them work hard

Edited by Antape

• 2 weeks later...

i'd like to post a good studio pic here but the better hardware stuff I have apart from the computer is an electribe

one day hopefully

anyway some of your studios and equipment are mad fellows, hope you make them work hard

I think its very easy to become swamped in equipment. Its really more about the creative process I would say. I've had shit all equipment for years but now realise that I could have made better tunes all along. Plus for years I use to make my tracks through laptop speakers ... I must have be frikkin' mad! Funny though I was listening to a bunch of tapes I did about 9 years ago last night and the tracks are so bad lol. Seriously think down the years how many folks made awesome music with just say one sampler.

A newish addition to my setup: TR-808 style sounds! (Judging by the circuit board, very TR-808 style.)

asol.jpg

Those Analogue Solutions modules are pretty wicked, looking forward to hearing what you do with 'em.