IGNORED

DUBSTEP::::::::::

Atop

LOL yeah, I'm pretty sure I am too insecure/hipster to jump on the dubstep bag wagon at this point dear god. It's got pretty ridiculous. Most of the dumbest people I know are getting way into it, amongst many other things about the dupstep craze it's pretty off putting. I can understand it a bit but I am downloading this Dubstep documentary Bassweight to hopefully get some laughs and at least not be ignorant to the phenomenon.

Bassweight 2010 DVDRip XviD-FiCO

It's a good doc about the origins and development of the original scene. Dubstep has met the fate of most genres: it's gone mainstream because of contrived, superficial shit producers. Morons are mostly listening to shit like Skillex or Bassnecter.

It's frustrating saying I like dubstep w/out either saying "the good stuff" or telling someone that what they think is "dubstep" is shit. Oh well, that's the problem with being an electronic music fan in a nutshell - most people only know the inferior musicians.

Check out anything on Hyperdub, Tempa, Night Slugs, Skull Disco, Hotflush, Planet Mu. Those are pretty solid record labels.

Edited by joshuatxuk

indeeed Josh,

also check the labels: Hessle, Berkane Sol, Tectonic, Argon, Gamma Audio, L25, Apple Pips, Aus Music, for more amazing bass music, not wobble inundated broski jams....

yeah.....perhaps my last post in this thread, twas fun!

indeeed Josh,

also check the labels: Hessle, Berkane Sol, Tectonic, Argon, Gamma Audio, L25, Apple Pips, Aus Music, for more amazing bass music, not wobble inundated broski jams....

yeah.....perhaps my last post in this thread, twas fun!

^ Hessle, completely forgot!

• 4 months later...

Sorry. This may be jazz but guess what.

Britney Spears has a new song called "Hold It Against Me" that is straight up dubstep.

Finally, this genre can die.

Guest tht tne

lol @ 4 months of dormant topic and the best bump anyone can come up with is britney spears

Guest reyde_espana

i dont enjoy dubstep BUT i do like the influence its having on electronic music... the basslines are awesome...

i just dont like the pads and vocal samples... seems a bit cheap to me

Guest analogue wings

Britney Spears has a new song called "Hold It Against Me" that is straight up dubstep.

have you seen that dancing baby animation?

i dont enjoy dubstep BUT i do like the influence its having on electronic music...

I'm just bummed that dubstep has replaced drum n bass completely.

Anyone that was a dnb producer seems to be producing dubstep. I like the basslines too but it just isn't as good as dnb, in general, IMO.

It actually makes me sad because it is so clearly a shift in trends.

I mean, even Tech Itch is making mostly dubstep now.

have you seen that dancing baby animation?

Yeah dude. That shit is awesome.

Guest kineaesth

133 bpm, four to the floor kicks, off-beat bass with a slow attack and an opening filter? That really isn't dubstep at all. I'd say it fits into the electro/whatever genre.

133 bpm, four to the floor kicks, off-beat bass with a slow attack and an opening filter? That really isn't dubstep at all. I'd say it fits into the electro/whatever genre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Edv8Onsrgg

2:40

Sorry. Just let go. It's ok. I know it hurts.

*edit*

oh yeah.

I'm totally jazzb7. :emotawesomepm9:

So fucking jazz. I love it.

Edited by jefferoo

Guest kineaesth

Here's where I admit that I honestly couldn't make it that far in to the song! I concede.

Man, whoever's producing that track has some out-there foley going.

But yes, this move of dubstep in to the realm of popular music is really quite baffling, it really shows how far the genre has come - from something produced almost entirely with a focus on the basslines to mid-range staccato for kids to listen to on their laptops on youtube or on their cellphones on the bus? It's so very odd

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Check out anything on Hyperdub, Tempa, Night Slugs, Skull Disco, Hotflush, Planet Mu. Those are pretty solid record labels.

Uh, DMZ!!! Loefah is the king.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ed9deW39A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjAbWKt6q4w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMghwdG6SOE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BUvThpLuEg

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...