Sign in to follow this  
mosca

mosca's free plugins list

I was looking for something else and stumbled on this interesting looking free compressor:

http://weldroid.net/album/curvoisier-vst

Courvoisier is a single-band universal dynamics processor with adaptive attack and release algorithms optimized for complex program material (mixes and submixes). Courvoisier uses free-form curves drawn over the histogram of incoming audio material (as opposed to traditional ratio and threshold parameters) to determine the transfer function of the processing.

courvoisier.jpg

https://nuspaceaudio.com/2017/02/07/riviera-fast-hybrid-reverb-plugin-for-modeling-high-dimensional-spaces/

(turn captions on)

Riviera is a hybrid algorithmic-convolution reverb plugin for modeling specular acoustic reflections in N-dimensional orthotopes. e.g. string, plate, room, tesseract, and up (vooms or volume+room for short). Normally, direct computation in these spaces is expensive but some clever maths [see tutorial (parts 1, 2, 3, 4)] reduced the asymptotic costs to the point of practical use (e.g. a Reverb plugin). Parameterizing these spaces and then combining them with some fast time-varying frequency dampening resulted in some interesting sounding impulse responses (IRs).

Edited by RSP

Sundevstudio Voice Of Snow

I've had this installed for ages and never actually tired it before today.

Turns out it's really useful on individual tracks.  Manages to make things sound much brighter and yet less harsh at the same time, which is not an easy task.

Nice, I have a paid-for equivalent (Eventide Physion) but that definitely looks like a great (and free!) alternative.

Sundevstudio Voice Of Snow

I've had this installed for ages and never actually tired it before today.

Turns out it's really useful on individual tracks.  Manages to make things sound much brighter and yet less harsh at the same time, which is not an easy task.

This sounds great!

I've been really enjoying Riviera, too. It's calculating impulse responses on the fly, so parameter changes take a second or two to actually kick in, but you can get some really bizarre sounding spaces out of it.

A mate at work pointed me in the direction of this widening tool the other day, which I found interesting as it also retains 100% mono compatability and will stay in phase.  I've played with it a bit so far on a few stem busses.  Pretty impressive amount of width.  It could do with a volume knob integrated as it adds a considerable amount of gain to the whole thing, but considering it's free it's a nifty little tool.

https://polyversemusic.com/products/wider/

Yeah absolutely great varied selection of instrument goodies from them (seemingly to be released about once a month for the rest of time!). Their paid-for Kontakt instruments are fantastic too...

http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=242

Sounds good for a free VST, nothing close to the original SSSR synth, but it's good for weird sounds. Has an old school feel to the way the VCF works. I tried it on FL11 but it uses a lot of CPU power so I ended up uninstalling it and using miniV for the same sounds.

polyvoks2.jpg