IGNORED

Plaid Live + Broadcasts + Interviews

Guest CATS

Guest sirch

haha. that's very true! good for you Baris.

I wish i knew some Turkish, then i could know if the blokes in the local kebab shop were talking about me. :)

'heh, this guy's an idiot, give him the old chicken'.. 'and the spunky garlic sauce we made last week, hahaha, english fool'... etc. etc. ;)

edit: you like Tricky quite a lot don't you.. ?

Edited by sirch

I wish i knew some Turkish, then i could know if the blokes in the local kebab shop were talking about me. :)

'heh, this guy's an idiot, give him the old chicken'.. 'and the spunky garlic sauce we made last week, hahaha, english fool'... etc. etc. ;)

you really go to this kebap shop often, dont you, sirch?

what do you like about this place if youre so worried about what the blokes speak about? :)

Guest sirch

you really go to this kebap shop often, dont you, sirch?

what do you like about this place if youre so worried about what the blokes speak about? :)

i was joking mate. and i like the food of course. can't beat a chicken or a kofte kebab sometimes. :)

expensive though for what it is. i don't go there very often anymore. they love me down there though cos i used to give them all my money. they shake my hand whenever i go in now. :)

yes i do.

edit: do you like him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e8HCePkX3Y

i was never really into Massive Attack or Tricky much. but he's ok i s'pose..

fine if you like him tho. the only reason i mentioned it is cos u often posts vids of him.

Edited by sirch

• 4 weeks later...

Half Moon In Conversation Sessions Part 1

Ed and Will taking about their collaboration on Will Dutta's new album 'Parergon'.

Great news! some new Plaid!

thanks so much for this, magdog

:)

i couldnt quite get into, Distance and i havent heard Overcolour yet

but i quite like Ed's sweater/shirt, such a nice colour!

Edited by theplaided

Guest sirch

somebody should've told the staff in that place to shut (da f*ck) up! lol. could hardly hear what they were saying in some parts there!

but thanks magdog. :) another nice find!

Scintilli crap? wow, its funny cause i came back here to write that after listening to this album, Parergon, i went back to listening to Scintilli. and it was so much better an experience than the ones i had before! maybe it s cause of the lacking of a feeling of rhythm this too-technical-for-me album has/doesnt have...i mean, yes this track, Overcolour is such a bliss,,as well as Distance but Tender Hooks, Craft Nice, Sömnl and Founded sounded much better than these two and than even themselves too! haha. (idk what im saying) :

Edited by theplaided

Guest sirch

have to say i'm not really diggin the Will Dutta stuff much here either. errmmm... it's a bit boring. :/ sorry

wonderful track! better than that scintilli crap :P

crap? :fail: you must be listening to another album.. you must be!!!

have to say i'm not really diggin the Will Dutta stuff much here either. errmmm... it's a bit boring. :/ sorry

The two Dutta tracks haven't really hit any chords with me either yet.. need to listen again to overcolour.

Still looking forward to hearing the full album.

pleasure mate.. i too like Ed's sweater.. that colour reminds me of Nike's old 180's :)

somebody should've told the staff in that place to shut (da f*ck) up! lol. could hardly hear what they were saying in some parts there!

thought the same thing myself mate.. why oh why do artists insist on meeting in public places like coffee shops.. it's so 1900's!

Guest sirch

The two Dutta tracks haven't really hit any chords with me either yet.. need to listen again to overcolour.

Still looking forward to hearing the full album.

pleasure mate.. i too like Ed's sweater.. that colour reminds me of Nike's old 180's :)

I have a feeling that, with age, Plaid will be getting more into this sort of thing. more soundtrack-esque sparse stuff, maybe without any beats. and i'm not sure i'll be much of a fan of that... tbh , i mean even the worst tracks on Scintilli are more exciting to me than these Will Dutta collabs. - Ed/Andy, get out of the f'ing coffee shops and pubs and make some dirty ballsy electro/onica again, pleeeeease! :D

Guest sirch

thought the same thing myself mate.. why oh why do artists insist on meeting in public places like coffee shops.. it's so 1900's!

lol... well it's quaint, aint it :) and there's usually a pleasant atmosphere.

but we do not want to see our IDM God's acting normal, do we? haha ;)

..well i used to, but not any more. i favor the incognito approach again now.

Guest sirch

i still think the best interview they've done (recently) is the slices one, where they're just sat in the living room, on the floor, rolling fags/spliffs and chatting away. and ed says that electronic music was dead after kraftwerk, haha. then they go out walking around town recording sounds. and andy drives back in his monster car, with tigger swinging back n forth from the rear view mirror, and ed's in the passenger seat with a big microphone and recording gear...

classic. :)