IGNORED

Plaid Live + Broadcasts + Interviews

Guest CATS

Guest likwid

Not really an interview, but some interesting quotes at spinner.ca

[For our work], we use software incorporating phonemes [ie: phonetic bits of words] while paying attention to things that happen in our own mouths and throat. There's a lot going on with the pitch and the breath. It's an interesting process to examine, it's actually incredibly complex.
Edited by likwid

Interesting M meets Plaid interview. I can't say that I'm surprised by any of what they have said, but unfortunately I am still stuck in the past with their sounds. Of course I've liked much of their material since they have crossed over into a dominant digital environment, but it's not quite the same. From recent memory both "Host" and "The Melody Remix" are on the opposite side of the spectrum. No doubt they are burnt out from using the same drum machines/synths all these years, but I think they can still give us a lot more to appreciate with them. Sometimes less is more. They are still able to easily give me goosebumps from their melodies (Strata 3), but it's that old material I've heard hundreds of times that is still able to consistently do it.

I'm stilling waiting for Scintilli in the post, so no expressions yet, but did they use their 808 or 606 on the album? Ed and Andy's drum-programming is severely underrated in the community IMO.

Edited by Gaylord Sweetwood

Ed and Andy's drum-programming is severely underrated in the community IMO.

i totally agree. there are more than 10 Plaid tracks that i just listen for the drums on them!!!

su truely said mate, so true! ;)

Edited by theplaided

This is a proper unknown, yes?

no :) it's just wasp live. an old track they used to play live all the time in the early-mid noughties.

Although, the 303 line that comes in around 1:50 reminds me of something... but what?

'Wasp' (live)

Edited by sirch

Plaid Live @ Melkweg, Amsterdam 2011 playing tracks from Scintilli plus some other unreleased goodies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2m1E0-ZSWs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP5g7DE7y_g

NICE FINDS FELLA!! this is nearly a whole set! magdog comes through for us yet again!! :)

edit: oopps, i thought the second clip was almost 15 mins aswell. oh well...so it's a third of a gig, instead of half! s'all good :)

Edited by sirch

All good matey... tizz good to hear more fresh Plaid and those tracks from Scintilli played live... thanks to the guys on YT for posting!

shit man, that gig (melkweg) was only the other night! just looking at the Scintilli website, it was on the 1st... saturday night! - first gig of their tour. that was quick on to youtube!!!

^ ah that was not unknown nr 12. that was sth else, but i forgot :S pfff so many unknowns, and still the soundtrack to "Hope" has not been released, what a shame,,, that short film has so much good Plaid on it! :/

Edited by theplaided

thanks sirch! i've never heard that intro before, as well as the bassline that plays for the entire track. it's nice!

no probs. :) yeah the intro is quite different! i like it too.

looking forward to hearing/seeing more live/different versions of tracks from Scintilli,

as the days and weeks go on and new clips 'n stuff get up'd to YT...

oh there it is!! @10:06 ! my favourite Plaid track recently! the unknown #12, hell yeah!

gun salute, magdog ;) good find that is.

All good mate, liking very much the track that starts @ 3:20... what a fooking rough tune! That bassline is heavy and those new vocals Plaid have been woring with fit perfect in the track.. best use of them some far for me... sounds so otherworldly.

I need to upload some of my vids from last nights Soundcontrol gig but need to get rid of this hangover first! Can't believe how much new material they played last night, well impressed though!

I need to upload some of my vids from last nights Soundcontrol gig but need to get rid of this hangover first! Can't believe how much new material they played last night, well impressed though!

was a most excellent gig! unfortunately the limiter on my recorder was doing silly things with the amount of bass (same thing curiously happened when I recorded them at Bang Face, methinx some sub sine waves are perhaps added to the bass) so there's clipping all over.

does anyone know who that lively keyboard chap was who supported?