04 Shimamoto

05 Church

06 Ende

07 Palles's Popsong

08 Fishfred

09 Twinkle Twinkle

10 My Dogan Tranceparents Remix by Phoenecia

11 Church Remix by Secede

Myam James is maximal electronic music. Kettel manages to squeeze uplifting, warm, cheerful and enjoyable music out of his kettle and pottery factory, which is sad, melancholic and sensitive at the same time. See here the paradoxical twist in much of his work. Beauty lies in the melancholy. Add to this Kettel's profound knowledge of composition and we guarantee you'll be chained to your speakers or earphones for the next months. Probably even longer, because Myam James part II, the sequel, will also be out by then. The album series is in the vain of his very successful earlier work here on Sending Orbs, where Kettel lays claim to the title of Duke of Melody and Count of Charisle, staying surprisingly, but refreshingly true to the roots of the Warp sound from the 90's.

previews of all the tracks here http://microsites.sendingorbs.com/so009/

although Kettel is abit hit and miss for me, this sounds to be a quite nice melodic electronic music piece and sending orbs have a pretty good track record. very plaid-like.

Guest bitroast

very much looking forward to this.

i'm still only new to his stuff, but whisper me wishes was brilliant.

the tracks i sampled are without a doubt kettel material :P

totally got that "kettel" / "my dogan" sound.

• 1 month later...

I like the tune "Opkop" on his myspace player. I believe that's going to be released on Myam James Part 2.. but haven't got a clue when that'll be released.

Kroost Kids is a superb track, along with The Wombat and Church (very Plaid) -- probably my fave tracks on there. The transition from the start of Kroost Kids to the main body of the track at 1:20 breaks my heart.

Guest Phasen
I like the tune "Opkop" on his myspace player. I believe that's going to be released on Myam James Part 2.. but haven't got a clue when that'll be released.

It will be released 3 months after part 1...so like mid-July we'll see even more new Kettel.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chris Martin

I was surprised to hear this album (in a good way) as this is the first Kettel release I listen to. I first heard Kettel on Machinedrum's Mergerz and Acquisitionz and by far his track stood out from the rest. Palle's Popsong is worth the price of this album ALONE imo. It's one of the most emotional electronic songs I've heard in a long time! Stellar release!

Archived