IGNORED

Rate Your Lunch™

Joyrex

Gas station hot dog - neither delicious nor satisfying. It looked juicy and piping hot but ended up just being greasy and lukewarm. Squirted packets of mustard, sweet relish, and onions on it but it ended up having this vague sweet taste. Bun was dry and slightly stale. At least I had some tea to wash it down. 4.3/10

Ugh i know what you mean with lukewarm sweet less than cooked hotdogs w dried out buns from certain places. Its like as someone went out of their way to maintain a dismal standard on every aspect of the hotdog creation process lol... I mean how fucking hard can it be to make a decent hotdog??

Oh yeah it all came together once I took the first bite that the absolute minimum effort went into it

but how can this be a 4.3 / 10 tho?

sounds more like 0.5/10 tbqh.

Hey, let's not go crazy now, it was at least warm, somewhat salty, and had a convincing meaty flavor, and the stale bun provided a half-assed but adequate textural foil. Ratings less than 2 are reserved for food products from a bag where majority of the producers' budget went into making the packaging. I could only give a .5 to something as inedible as one of those heart-rending jumbo Quaker rice crackers. Do they even make those miserable things anymore?

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh on the hot dog tip, though. I have to give my respect to Costco. Seriously. They're like a solid 7 every time. I think it's because they wrap them in foil once they stick them in the bun, and that keeps everything nice and moist. I don't know how they keep them from getting soggy. Maybe it's just my Costco but, yeah, probably the best $1.50 lunch in town.

Even if you get the pre-packaged wieners and cook them at home, they're mighty tasty, much better than standard grocery fare. No idea what they do with the buns though, they are way damn better than they deserve to be. I like to think that quality hot dog preparation is a strictly regimented aspect of Costco corporate culture. 

Are you talking about the regular Kirkland brand ones? Black packaging? They're freaking great, really delicious. We always buy them (they come in like, a Costco size 3x10 or 3x12 pack) when we go camping.

Overall Kirkland brand stuff is amazing IMO, better than all other store brands AND name brand, for must stuff.

srry to derail the thread lol

can of pinto beans w/salsa

apple and peanut butter

possibly a larabar if i'm still hungry

4/10

this is my lunch 4 days a week (although the type of beans varies from black, pinto, and garbanzo). tuesdays i go out for lunch w/a friend

Today: Last minute salad: slightly wilted lettuce, English cucumber, cherry tomatoes, slightly undercooked bacon, crumbled feta, and chopped kalamata olives. When I opened up the tupperware it smelled kinda gross and I was like oh, shit, I've gone and stranded myself with this today. But a couple bites in, it was actually pretty good.

I didn't make quite enough so I also had some raw almonds with Chipotle Tabasco, which is the only Tabasco worth my time.  

Definitely more lettuce next time, a different meat (chicken.. but not that frozen "grilled" garbage my wife keeps buying), and maybe a dash of pepper and some razor-thin marinated onion slices.

Are you talking about the regular Kirkland brand ones? Black packaging? They're freaking great, really delicious. We always buy them (they come in like, a Costco size 3x10 or 3x12 pack) when we go camping.

Overall Kirkland brand stuff is amazing IMO, better than all other store brands AND name brand, for must stuff.

Yes, exactly! They have no right to be that good for the price, but they're better than pretty much any other store-bought hot dog. But yeah... enough bonding over Costco wieners, back to the thread, lol.

you gotta rate that shit dawg!

^ I bought some that were marinated in balsamic vinegar the other day. so fresh and tangy and flavoursome. it was like swallowing an orgasm.

Yes, exactly! They have no right to be that good for the price, but they're better than pretty much any other store-bought hot dog. But yeah... enough bonding over Costco wieners, back to the thread, lol.

lol "bonding over wieners".

Fasulye (green bean stew with lamb) + an apple + strong coffer + extra plus++ icli kofte my colleague brought me from a turkish delicatessen.

9/10 would bang.

++++ Costco Weiners in the UK are indeed the same kind as the ones elsewhere. Sticky buns with a salty dog between. Went last weekend and left not dining there as the queue was loong.

Archived