IGNORED

New Film With Original Soundtrack by Aphex Twin?

Guest EleminoP

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest analogue wings
Foolish discrepancies getting my hopes up.

who knows either way. "music by" might just be his own choice of modest credit. but it could also mean they just licensed a whole lot of existing tracks...

he may well have chosen a doco about Welsh farmers as his film composing debut...

This reeks of yet another crass exploitation of SAWII. We shall see.

That's exactly what I have been thinking since I heard this...

*hopes otherwise :whistling:

would be nice to think Richard was working on something that maybe he was considering releasing

Guest analogue wings
This reeks of yet another crass exploitation of SAWII. We shall see.

this is what i am smelling too...

Guest Kenneth172

Well, it says "Intertwined with an original soundtrack by Aphex Twin". They might have purposely worded it like that to mislead people into thinking it's new stuff by him so they fill up seats at the cinema. Who knows....

Guest BunnyRabbit

"Sleep Furiously’ is also noteworthy for being the first and only feature-length film with a soundtrack by cult musician-composer Aphex Twin."

Royal Holloway link.

You'd think Warp might mention it.

Hope someone releases it as an OST.

Guest analogue wings
"Sleep Furiously’ is also noteworthy for being the first and only feature-length film with a soundtrack by cult musician-composer Aphex Twin."

Royal Holloway link.

You'd think Warp might mention it.

Hope someone releases it as an OST.

i think his contract with warp has finished

Guest Archrival

"It is pure cinema: visually alert, brilliantly musical, and moving in the way it captures time passing and lives lost."

looking forward to it :D

Guest Kenneth172

I bet they use Tha, Nannou and tracks from SAWII, all the predictable overused stuff. I'd be very surprised if it is an original soundtrack.

Guest Drahken

I dont know, doesn't he live on a farm now? Also, from what I gather the film is about the magic of growing up and living in a non-urban, rural environment. Considering he grew up in Cornwall and has talked about how that influenced him I would think this would be right up his alley and something he would be interested in.

Guest AOOproductions

I am doubting an all original score very much. But I hope there's a couple new tracks we can get out of this.

we can hope.....

we can hope...................

:undecided:

As amazing it would be if he did make an original score, it does seem very unlikely. Mr. James does not like making music on request, and to make a decent film score, it would have to be just the right mood for the situations in the film, and the director would have to tell him if the music doesn't fit, or isn't good enough.

He is not the kind of person who likes being told how to make music. It's the kind of thing that would end in a walkout.

Guest analogue wings
As amazing it would be if he did make an original score, it does seem very unlikely. Mr. James does not like making music on request, and to make a decent film score, it would have to be just the right mood for the situations in the film, and the director would have to tell him if the music doesn't fit, or isn't good enough.

He is not the kind of person who likes being told how to make music. It's the kind of thing that would end in a walkout.

um. he was all set to score neuromancer for cunningham

Archived