IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

Guest Smuckers

I'm currently playing Forza 3 and Final Fantasy IX with a little bit of More Braining Training for the Sudoku (cleared all the way up to the first advanced puzzle :biggrin: ).

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Working my way through Killzone 2 on Veteran difficulty again - almost a year old, and that game is still amazing.

Also finishing up getting 100% completion on PixelJunk Shooter.

White Knight Chronicles comes out Feb 2 here, gonna plow through that until Final Fantasy XIII comes out March 5th.

Working my way through Killzone 2 on Veteran difficulty again - almost a year old, and that game is still amazing.

White Knight Chronicles comes out Feb 2 here, gonna plow through that until Final Fantasy XIII comes out March 5th.

I hope White Knight Chronicles is good, I'm definitely gonna read some reviews before I buy it.

I can't bloody wait for Final Fantasy XIII. That I will buy right away.

I gotta say, Im about finished MGS4, and honestly this was probably one of the most disappointing games I have played in a long time.

For one, the actual playtime was ridiculously low given you travel to multiple locations worldwide. Even though the gameplay itself was fluid and overall excellent, there just wasn't enough of it.

Two, the extended movie scenes would have been excused if they were actually any good. The plot twists and substance of the prior three Metal Gears establish the 4th, yes, but that's the flaw. The fourth game almost feels like it simply exists to tie up all the loose ends. Snake is the main character, but there is even less of an emotional connection with him or his allies than ever before. The dialogue is straight out of some awful B-movie. I appreciate the points Kojima was trying to make, but let the major dramatic filmmakers handle that. It seemed way too overarching for its own good, and most of the videos had me making coffee or something.

Real big letdown....and I am a big Metal Gear fan.....At this point I would definitely say that the 3rd Metal Gear is far and away the best.

I guess I would give it a 7/10, and about half that score is because the game play is so perfect....its a shame really...

I hope White Knight Chronicles is good, I'm definitely gonna read some reviews before I buy it.

I can't bloody wait for Final Fantasy XIII. That I will buy right away.

I think I was wise in waiting for the localized version of WKC, as they seem to have made many improvements over the Japanese version, especially in the online parts. It got decent reviews in Japan, but nothing along the lines of Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy as far as RPGs go. It's made by Level 5 (the team behind a lot of good RPGs, including Dragon Quest VII on PS2), so I have confidence it will be a good game.

I gotta say, Im about finished MGS4, and honestly this was probably one of the most disappointing games I have played in a long time.

For one, the actual playtime was ridiculously low given you travel to multiple locations worldwide. Even though the gameplay itself was fluid and overall excellent, there just wasn't enough of it.

Two, the extended movie scenes would have been excused if they were actually any good. The plot twists and substance of the prior three Metal Gears establish the 4th, yes, but that's the flaw. The fourth game almost feels like it simply exists to tie up all the loose ends. Snake is the main character, but there is even less of an emotional connection with him or his allies than ever before. The dialogue is straight out of some awful B-movie. I appreciate the points Kojima was trying to make, but let the major dramatic filmmakers handle that. It seemed way too overarching for its own good, and most of the videos had me making coffee or something.

Real big letdown....and I am a big Metal Gear fan.....At this point I would definitely say that the 3rd Metal Gear is far and away the best.

I guess I would give it a 7/10, and about half that score is because the game play is so perfect....its a shame really...

Uncharted 2 does a better job of a "cinematic game experience" than MGS ever did - I'd say your opinions are a fair reflection of the game. Hopefully Kojima's taken a few cues from Western developers and the next MGS will be better story-wise.

Wow! I wouldn't call it a letdown at all. I thought the game was above brilliant. Although Snake Eater, I agree, is still the best one.

I've just completed Zaxxon on the ColecoVision, now I'm playing Rastan on my boyfriend's SEGA master system.

Wait - there's no "end" to Zaxxon - it just loops over!

Then again, I recall the ColecoVision version having a "boss" at the end... is that what you mean?

Joyrex, the bear in your avatar doesn't look well. Poor fellow.

Anyway, I'm stuck in Dragon Age. I'm walking around in a cave looking for some missing girl and I've been EVERYWHERE and she's not there. Fuck it!

Joyrex what did you get your platinum's on? I'm too impatient to put the effort into getting one myself.

I'm still unsure about the new Final Fantasy, getting mixed reactions. Probably will still buy it though. Way more excited for Heavy Rain & God of War 3

Joyrex, the bear in your avatar doesn't look well. Poor fellow.

Anyway, I'm stuck in Dragon Age. I'm walking around in a cave looking for some missing girl and I've been EVERYWHERE and she's not there. Fuck it!

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Age_Wiki

Excellent Game, btw.

I don't know how I missed Mass Effect, picked it up last week.. awesome. It's like KOTOR 1, without lightsabers...

this is my last day of freedom before school starts again....im tempted to beat the shit out of fight night 4....but i dunno...maybe i should get some wine and call it a night?

contemplating starting a game of fallout 3 & addons on the xbox 360, at midnight, with work in the morning.

hmmmmmmm.

Can't go wrong with Fallout 3. Such a good game.

yeah i already did the whole thing on PC. but i'll have to pirate it again to do it again on PC.

i generally prefer anything FPSey on PC than console see.

i decided against it, i might just have a crack at one of the 'retarded but fun' levels on dj hero instead

half life 2 with the orange box about 7 hours into it now, such a good game, i got the orange box for £9!

i never have felt such tension in ANY game i've ever played on any console

apparently im going to be disappointed with ep.1 bur awesomed out with ep.2

we;ll see.

Archived