What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Nintendo should stop trying to innovate hardware and go back to making playing cards for the yakuza.

It's sad watching them after loving so much of their stuff from the last 30 years. Starting to look like they're going to go down in flames.

Yeah seems like Nintendo's glory days are a thing of the past now. Nothing lasts forever I guess.

• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rubin Farr

• Joyrex

• ambermonke

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feel like such a douche for promoting this... but... hi... hello... a game I'm doing the music and sound design for is on Kickstarter and things are going pretty well. Elijah Wood and Patton Oswalt

Picked up my oculus quest headset and purchased and played through quite a few titles. I don’t consistently game but when I do I really get into it. The quest is pretty low-powered compared to PSVR bu

Paid tribute to some of the featured artists in my Animal Crossing home

Posted Images

Nintendo should stop trying to innovate hardware and go back to making playing cards for the yakuza.

It's sad watching them after loving so much of their stuff from the last 30 years. Starting to look like they're going to go down in flames.

Yeah seems like Nintendo's glory days are a thing of the past now. Nothing lasts forever I guess.

nintendo will never die. they'll get it "right" eventually...

of these , BG+E is the best.

its been a long time since i played that game but last i remember that game was really amazing. i might have to back to that one.

It's dated. Lot's of load screens, some stupid mechanics in terms of having to run back pointlessly... now and then.

Other than that it's more fun and has more personality than the others I listed. It's just a good game. Better than Psychonauts, for comparison.

I wish there were more great games. They just don't make them like they used to.

OH! Deus Ex: Human Revolution was pretty dang good. It's not soulful but it's a very, very well made game. Better than F3, gameplay wise.

I just wanted to say this now: Splosion Man is the most underrated series of the past 5 years. Personality, wit, soul, joy, SOLID gameplay. It's nearly a PS1 title!

Guest jasondonervan

I have a stack of Wii games waiting to be played, I've just neglected them as I hate the rubbish low res of the Wii. Being able to play them all in a nicer crispy resolution essentially gives me a bunch of games to enjoy all over again on the Wii U.

Also, if Nintendo pulls their finger out and gets the right Gamecube games available digitally (F Zero, Wind Waker, Killer 7), I will be very happy indeed.

Just got NHL13.. can't wait for the GM connected mode. plus, i know every year EA make minor changes to their sports game but this one, truelly looks awesome. at some points i think it's actually a Real Game im watching, playing.

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2012/08/14/nhl-13-presentation-overhaul-trailer-gamescom-2012

I have a stack of Wii games waiting to be played, I've just neglected them as I hate the rubbish low res of the Wii. Being able to play them all in a nicer crispy resolution essentially gives me a bunch of games to enjoy all over again on the Wii U.

Also, if Nintendo pulls their finger out and gets the right Gamecube games available digitally (F Zero, Wind Waker, Killer 7), I will be very happy indeed.

You realize (as far as I know and have read) that Wii games won't upscale, but instead display at native resolution (which if you ever watch SD on an HDTV you'll know what I mean), so if anything, you're going to see it look WORSE I would imagine. I hope not.

Having digital GameCube games would be nice... Nintendo needs to get into the HD remake game and redo Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine, Galaxy, etc.

3 minutes to go .... It's finally here ! http://blackmesasource.com/

EDIT: Bugger - have they just pushed back release for another two weeks ?! ( http://www.blackmesa...ment-letter.pdf )

No their distribution sucks. Site is down, mirrors are down, only "official" tracker is down... They should have just put it on PirateBay or something.

I'm downloading now (at 130KB/s :() using this torrent file:

http://www.mediafire...ba8kfb4xu4jjvna

But the tracker in that file is down so add these trackers:

udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80

udp://tracker.ccc.de:80

udp://tracker.istole.it:80

Edit: HTTP mirror that is up for now: http://www.shacknews.com/file/32999/black-mesa-source-10-windows-free-game

Edited by Ego

I'm going to try to get the platinum for Dragon Age 2. I played and beat it when it first came out, which was a while back now. It was a pretty cool game.

I had some rare free time last night and was supa-excite to start playing Mass Effect 2 (or at least to play through the interactive backstory comic since I have a PS3 and ME1 is unavailable to me), but the fucker took about an hour to install with all the DLC downloads and Cerberus Network activation, &c.

I will meet you this weekend, heroic lesbian ginger Shepard, and our journey together will begin.

I'm downloading now (at 130KB/s :() using this torrent file:

http://www.mediafire...ba8kfb4xu4jjvna

But the tracker in that file is down so add these trackers:

udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80

udp://tracker.ccc.de:80

udp://tracker.istole.it:80

Edit: HTTP mirror that is up for now: http://www.shacknews...ndows-free-game

Good lookin out! *High five*!

Guest jasondonervan

You realize (as far as I know and have read) that Wii games won't upscale, but instead display at native resolution (which if you ever watch SD on an HDTV you'll know what I mean), so if anything, you're going to see it look WORSE I would imagine. I hope not.

Do you have a source on that? It would be disappointing if that is indeed the case...

I think I'm going backwards. When I was a teen I would play nothing but PC games. Quake (Quake online happy to see TF use 2fort5 map), Quake 3, Unreal, Hexen 2, The Daedalus Encounter, RollerCoaster Tycoon, etc. Not a lot of people I knew would play PC games, it was sorta frowned upon. Now, I have and play console games and not so much PC...however, most people I know are getting into PC games. :)

Just started downloading Black Mesa Source. Can't wait to play it as I have yet to beat HL1.

I've beaten everything from HL2 and up but when I tried to play H1 in 2000 I was little and scared and then when i got older the graphics just sucked. But now finally!

I've beaten everything from HL2 and up but when I tried to play H1 in 2000 I was little and scared and then when i got older the graphics just sucked.

Terrible excuses. Now play Half-Life.

Goddamnit I love Half-Life.

Going to party like it's graphically-updated 1999 ASAP

Oh wait, windows. Gonna party like it's 2010 and stick to Mass Effect 2

• Joyrex changed the title to What Video Games Are You Currently Playing
  • Joyrex featured this topic