close ups, long shots, use of music et cetera

i was moved

ya that's a great one

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

the taking of pelham 1 2 3 - 2/5

only went for the popcorn and the cinema showing the hangover is a bus away. this was pretty bad but better than the trailer suggests (it makes it look awful). travolta should be banned from saying "motherfucker" as that gets annoying.

i kind of thought it was based on a true story (not sure why, thought i'd read it somewhere maybe?) so i was wondering how the real guy gave chase in reality but then finding out it was fiction i was disappointed. if its made up then why not make up something interesting?

the taking of pelham 1 2 3 - 2/5

only went for the popcorn and the cinema showing the hangover is a bus away. this was pretty bad but better than the trailer suggests (it makes it look awful). travolta should be banned from saying "motherfucker" as that gets annoying.

i kind of thought it was based on a true story (not sure why, thought i'd read it somewhere maybe?) so i was wondering how the real guy gave chase in reality but then finding out it was fiction i was disappointed. if its made up then why not make up something interesting?

Rule #1 - Tony Scott blows.

the trailers for new movies aren't working for me lately. some films which i have no interest in seeing based on the trailers:

land of the lost (will ferrell and no laughs)

year one (no laughs in the trailer)

taking of pelham 1 2 3 (yeah i saw it anyway i'm an idiot)

i hear that edgar wright is making a scott pilgrim movie with michel cera as scott. seems dubious to me. scott pilgrim is great because of the drawings, the story is way too teen oriented and not very deep/interesting. film will suck. quote this when it comes out and sucks please.

Rule #1 - Tony Scott blows.

he should get an award for this effort. its got annoying slow motion, terrible use of music and is awful

Guest zaphod
do you have the ytmnd link for this? makes me lol every time

http://iminyourface.ytmnd.com/

walle 8/10

pixar knows how to start a movie, but they also know how to let it devolve into kiddie hijinks. the first forty or so minutes of this one are basically perfect, but once they get on the ship and meet humans, it goes completely downhill. still great, but disappointing.

the birds - 7/10

i've been scared of birds for years. not sure where it came from but its when they all fly up and i think they're going to hit me. recently i got attacked by a bird at trader joes carpark and it flew into my head and pecked. shocked me but wasnt scary. then my wife netflixed this movie. i may have seen parts of it years ago but don't remember. the birds arent scary in this. i give it 7 because its great in part, so awful its great in part and the end is unsatisfactory. i guess its meant to be more suspenseful than scary which it certainly is, but has some long dialogue parts that should have been edited out (sand dune mother talk for example). the actor was no jimmy stewart either. some of the bird puppets were fucking funny.

Guest Mr Salads
the birds - 7/10

i've been scared of birds for years. not sure where it came from but its when they all fly up and i think they're going to hit me. recently i got attacked by a bird at trader joes carpark and it flew into my head and pecked. shocked me but wasnt scary. then my wife netflixed this movie. i may have seen parts of it years ago but don't remember. the birds arent scary in this. i give it 7 because its great in part, so awful its great in part and the end is unsatisfactory. i guess its meant to be more suspenseful than scary which it certainly is, but has some long dialogue parts that should have been edited out (sand dune mother talk for example). the actor was no jimmy stewart either. some of the bird puppets were fucking funny.

well they are remaking it and the bird scenes will be more intense/way scarier

Guest Adjective
the birds - 7/10

i can't imagine actually wanting to see a truly scary bird scene

the birds - 7/10

won't be seeing that

just watching the making of extra now and the most interesting stuff is how much they used painting as backgrounds

Zack and Miri - 8/10

too much badly done love story.

good shiting scene

Guest WhoNeedsElectricity
Le Mani Sulla Citta and Les Quatre Cent Coups. 400 Blows is probably the better known of the two, but they are both fantastic movies. Watch Le Mani for the great opening scene involving a collapsing tenement done without special effects.

Guest Gary C

Benjamin Button - 5/10

Some impressive make-up, but overall the film bored me. Too much times was spent on him as a child and then he didn't really seem to 'un-age' for a section in the middle that probably spanned 20 years.

I want to say that it tried a bit too much... In ways it did, but in a convoluted sense. There is obviously a very deep premise to the idea of aging backwards and although it was expressed throughout it was never particularly eye-opening or mentally refreshing.

And although it had the opportunity to become an 'epic' love story it never really worked for me, I just didn't feel it underneath analysing Brad Pitt's makeup.

I also kind of expected a bit of Forrest Gump about it, in that we might see Button getting involved with recognisable events during his lifetime, but they obviously didn't feel that was realistic. Yep, realistic. A man aging backwards.

Whatever.

Guest Gary C
Benjamin Button - 5/10

Some impressive make-up, but overall the film bored me. Too much times was spent on him as a child and then he didn't really seem to 'un-age' for a section in the middle that probably spanned 20 years.

I want to say that it tried a bit too much... In ways it did, but in a convoluted sense. There is obviously a very deep premise to the idea of aging backwards and although it was expressed throughout it was never particularly eye-opening or mentally refreshing.

And although it had the opportunity to become an 'epic' love story it never really worked for me, I just didn't feel it underneath analysing Brad Pitt's makeup.

I also kind of expected a bit of Forrest Gump about it, in that we might see Button getting involved with recognisable events during his lifetime, but they obviously didn't feel that was realistic. Yep, realistic. A man aging backwards.

Whatever.

I will admit that the ending made me cry though.

But I can safely assume you'll find it difficult to find someone who doesn't cry when you see a child suffering from dementia, and then a baby die, after enduring a 2 hour long film.

holy christ did birds scare the fuck out of me as a child. might as well mention these two crows who have been stalking me as of late. they live near my house and each time i go outside to work or anything they lose their shit and screech like fucking crows. and then dive bomb me, inches form my head. they probably have a nest. but they follow me for about two blocks each time they see me, diving at my head and shit. fucking assholes.

Guest Mr Salads
Benjamin Button - 5/10

Whatever.

I will admit that the ending made me cry though.

But I can safely assume you'll find it difficult to find someone who doesn't cry when you see a child suffering from dementia, and then a baby die, after enduring a 2 hour long film.

the ending?? You are shitting your brains out when you go to the bathroom I guess

holy christ did birds scare the fuck out of me as a child. might as well mention these two crows who have been stalking me as of late. they live near my house and each time i go outside to work or anything they lose their shit and screech like fucking crows. and then dive bomb me, inches form my head. they probably have a nest. but they follow me for about two blocks each time they see me, diving at my head and shit. fucking assholes.

Get a tennis racket and go to work on those cocksuckers

Guest zaphod

i dunno, i found it hard to take anything in that movie seriously. the ending was just weird and ridiculous, and then the fact that people were crying made it weirder. what a manipulative piece of garbage that was.

and tennis would do no good. i swear these two fuckers are plotting against me like generals. watching my each and every move. one day i'm gonna wake up to a fucking crow on my chest at 3am. fuck.

Guest Mr Salads
i dunno, i found it hard to take anything in that movie seriously. the ending was just weird and ridiculous, and then the fact that people were crying made it weirder. what a manipulative piece of garbage that was.

I love when he says "i was burn under curious circumstances' in that gay al gore tone he uses

and tennis would do no good. i swear these two fuckers are plotting against me like generals. watching my each and every move. one day i'm gonna wake up to a fucking crow on my chest at 3am. fuck.

what about electric fly swatters, just give them a good buzz when they nail against it

Archived