IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Yegg
how was electric dragon gorgeous? it looked kind of like a movie adaption of viewtiful joe or something (in style)

i wouldnt give it a 5.5 but probably a 6.5 or 7

trying to say electric dragon ISN'T pulpy crap is ridiculous. both movies are pulpy crap, i just feel the carpenter flick was much more entertaining.

The composition in most of the shots and cinematography was beautiful and generally unconventional, plus Tadanobu Asano was gorgeous.

Let's just say you have crappy opinions and leave it at that.

im sure you're being sarcastic, but it really was

well it was overhyped from my perspective cause there was all this stuff at the indie video store i went to comparing to the genius film Tetsuo iron man. this shit didn't even hold a candle to that film. although some of the sound design in it was ace, the visuals were a lot more boring than iron man (maybe this is a common asian film genre, the overly contrasty black and white quick cut loud spastic sound bursts, so being that i barely see any movies like this compared to what ive seen it wasnt too impressive).

i think Mouth of Madness is a great film until the ending, john carpenter is the man!

The composition in most of the shots and cinematography was beautiful and generally unconventional,

it was ok, i thought the sound was a lot more note worthy

Jackie Brown 10/10 - just watched this again and it is still my favorite Tarantino film. It has the most heart and emotion of any of his films and Max Cherry is a fucking understated bad ass. The whole pot head bridget fonda character is probably the most realistic and non glorified representation of a smoker i have ever seen in a film.

I agree, Awepittance. I love Pulp Fiction but Jackie Brown seems like more of an adult film. I kept think Tarantino would keep progressing in this direction after but Jackie Brown but...

Guest zaphod

lol, i just watched jackie brown for the first time. great movie. actually the only tarantino film i've liked. 9/10

does anyone think it's weird how many times Michael Keaton touches his cock through his pants in Jackie Brown? I think it's during the first scene where he catches Jackie with the coke at the airport and hes like fiddling with his package so much during the scene its very distracting (and hilarious). I imagine behind the scenes Quentin being like 'yeah keep doing that, like a pitcher in baseball jsut manhandle that shit'

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch
The Game ... was filmed in San francisco (one of the bestmovies i've seen shot there since Vertigo)

have you done the vertigo tour? we made our own but so far have only got to the obvious ones and his apartment on lombard street near the silly bendy street. looks very similar except more trees and the modern cars parked outside ruin it.

next up we want to get out to the church tower, its down south an hour or so i think and the tower was cgi as the building doesn't have a tower.

next up we want to get out to the church tower, its down south an hour or so i think and the tower was cgi as the building doesn't have a tower.

hah, yeah it's possible it wasn't even shot in california, down south an hour or so would be in san jose/redwood city i can't imagine something like that being out there. its possible ill look it up and see if i can find out.

an no i have not been on the Vertigo tour, since i have lived in the bay area for most of my life the first time i saw Vertigo was like having a San francisco tour, one which included many landmarks i have seen many times.

But i just realized i did propose to my fiancee directly in one of the same spots, on the cliff with the view of the golden gate bridge

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

hah, yeah it's possible it wasn't even shot in california, down south an hour or so would be in san jose/redwood city i can't imagine something like that being out there. its possible ill look it up and see if i can find out.

i got it written down somewhere. its down there somewhere.

Extreme Private Eros: Love Song (1974) - 7/10

"In this taboo-smashing documentary by Kazuo Hara, the filmmaker turns his camera on this former lover, Miyuki Takeda. The strong-willed woman -- crusading feminist, bisexual, mother of an interracial baby with an African-American GI -- was a maverick figure, particularly in 1970s Japan. Hara captures his subject in excruciating detail over a period of several years in this keenly personal work, which caused a scandal when it was released."

Guest abusivegeorge

Just watched Rumble Fish, how much does a young Mickey Rourke look like Bruce Willis?

Fucking epic film , loved it.

Just watched Star Trek in the theater. Was ok, I give jj abrams the most credit for deftly balancing the expectations of the fanbase with his desire to shake things up and "reinvigorate" the franchise. Did get a bit boring once Kirk got jettisoned to the ice planet though; from that point on it was mostly blockbuster by numbers. Warping into that debris field was cool, they need more debris wreaking havoc in sci fi films. 8/10

The Emperor's Naked Army Marches On (1987) - 8/10

Documentary about a Japanese veteran of WW2 tracking down former military officers to accuse them of war crimes for the unexplained deaths of several soldiers in his unit. The veteran is pretty wild, he's served time in prison for murder of an officer and attacking the emperor. He's also pretty much ruthless in his pursuit of the officers. He hires actors to play family members of the dead soldiers (when the actual family members are done with him), and threatens and fights people when they won't tell him what he wants to know.

quoted for fucking truth, it took awhile to hunt this down but it was WELL worth it. thanks for recommending it takeshi.

No prob, glad someone got something out of my review.

nme got banned already?

was he beneboi? or was it for the TSM jab?

the vibe i got is that it was a friend of beneboi who was letting him use his account and/or it was a not very hard worked on dupe

I just watched Friday the 13th Part 8: Jason goes to Manhattan. Loved it.

I actually took notes on post-its while watching it and I was planning on posting them in this topic, but I just remembered that my scanner doesn't work, sooo... fuckit.

Archived