IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

I just watched Friday the 13th Part 8: Jason goes to Manhattan. Loved it.

I actually took notes on post-its while watching it and I was planning on posting them in this topic, but I just remembered that my scanner doesn't work, sooo... fuckit.

i think that was a pretty good one from what i remember, i first saw it on TV at one of those homoerotic male sleepovers when i was 12, the fact that they claim he 'takes manhattan' alone was worthy of a 2am watch.

Whats the next one after that Jason goes to hell? that one was ok, the opening scene where the swat team or whatever tries to kill jason was pretty memorable when i first saw it. You are on a Jason roll lately!

I also like the one with the telekinetic chick

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ryan

Killer Klowns From Outer Space 8/10

Absolutely badass movie with bad dialogue and creepy clowns and decent special effects.

Rise of the Footsoldier 7/10

Just okay. Some cool scenes though.

Max Payne 5/10

"Eh" is all I have to say about it.

I Know Who Killed Me 1/10

Hahahaha

I just watched Friday the 13th Part 8: Jason goes to Manhattan. Loved it.

I actually took notes on post-its while watching it and I was planning on posting them in this topic, but I just remembered that my scanner doesn't work, sooo... fuckit.

i think that was a pretty good one from what i remember, i first saw it on TV at one of those homoerotic male sleepovers when i was 12, the fact that they claim he 'takes manhattan' alone was worthy of a 2am watch.

Whats the next one after that Jason goes to hell? that one was ok, the opening scene where the swat team or whatever tries to kill jason was pretty memorable when i first saw it. You are on a Jason roll lately!

I also like the one with the telekinetic chick

Yeah, I've been wanting to watch all the Jason Vorhees and Michael Myers movies for a long time, and so far I've watched Friday the 13th Part I-VIII and Halloween Part I-VI + the remake by Rob Zombie which was okay. A lot more brutal than I had expected which was a nice surprise.

It's not that any of the 'newer' Jason movies (the ones after part III) are any good, but they're classics and actually quite entertaining if you shut your brain off and don't take them too seriously.

The best murder so far in the Jason-series isn't even commited by Jason himself. It's some wack job who gets offered a candy bar while he's chopping firewood. I'm not really sure what happens, but I guess he can't take all the niceness so he decides to put an axe in the back of the fat ass who offered him the candy bar in the first place. It's probably the most bizarre entry in the series - even more bizarre than when Jason does his James Bond intro - wtf? It's so un-called for. All that over a candy bar?

It's still awesome though.

The best scene from Jason Takes Manhattan is when some random guys are hanging out listening to the radio, and then out of no where Jason comes in and destroys their radio. I mean, what was that all about? Jason fucking hates that music.

Max Payne 5/10

"Eh" is all I have to say about it.

You must be in a good mood, because Max Payne made me shit out my mouth.

i like that Halloween movie that's not Mike Meyers , it's really fucking weird

Halloween 3: Season of the Witch?

I stopped watching it halfway through.

Guest Adjective

it's the best halloween

:clover:

it's the best halloween

:clover:

TURN IT OFF! TURN IT OFF! TURN IT OFF! TURN IT OFF!

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

the fast and the furious 1/10

turns out i'd seen it before and completely forgotten it. which makes sense as its godawful forgettable shit. no decent stunts, not even any hot chicks (and i usually have a thing for michelle rodriguez but she wasn't looking so good). need to remember i've seen it this time and never watch it again!

kiss kiss bang bang - 5/10

first time i saw this i didnt expect much and really enjoyed it. so we bought it used real cheap and hadnt watched it since. so this time we watched it we expected it to be good and it was disappointing. the narration was horrible, downy jnr was annoying. giving the dvd away now.

Holy lol, I just started watching Friday the 13th Part IX: Jason Goes to Hell - The Final Friday and what a lovely beginning. SWAT decides to jump in and fucking destroy Jason and then have jets take him out with bombs.

EDIT: A doctor just hate Jason's heart.

Guest analogue wings

But it has the dude from 21 Jump Street

Also, don't speak too soon - you have Jason X and Freddy vs Jason still to go

Holy crap - that has got to be the worst Friday the 13th movie ever.

2/10

no wonder i only remembered the beginning part! they blew their load in the first 15 minutes

you have Jason X and Freddy vs Jason still to go

true

true

Oh God, I'm watching it right now. I'm in pain. God it sucks.

EDIT: Holy crap! Uber Jason!

Friday the 13th 2009 - It was okay. It had lots of fake breasts but the killings weren't as innovative as they were in some of the older Friday the 13th movies. It was mostly just Jason stabbing people to death with his enormous machete. Whatever happened to crushing some guy's head until his eye pops out? Oh well, guess we'll have to see if they've got some new killing tricks up their sleeves for the next Jason-movie.

6/10

2iuc76u.jpg

do you have the ytmnd link for this? makes me lol every time

true

so no love for Freddy VS Jason? i thought it was ok

so no love for Freddy VS Jason? i thought it was ok

I'll watch Freddy Vs. Jason right after I finish the Nightmare on Elmstreet movies. Now that I'm done with the Friday the 13th movies I'll continue with my Halloween marathon, then I'll move over to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and then Nightmare on Elmstreet.

Revolutionary Road - 4/10

Ugh. God, I hate Sam Mendes use of piano in this. Michael Shannon is the only decent thing about this film and even his part is a bit exaggerated.

Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea

very cute stuff... too cute even... made me want to have kids. beware watching this flick, it will make you want to parent adorable japanese children.

i just caught the outlaw josey wales by clint eastwood on the tellie

and i must say

it is one of the greatestest westerners

another great example of eastwood adapting his masters methods

close ups, long shots, use of music et cetera

i was moved

Guest placidburp
Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea

very cute stuff... too cute even... made me want to have kids. beware watching this flick, it will make you want to parent adorable japanese children.

aw ye I saw this a while back, its really nice, not the best ghibli I've seen so far but very enjoyable and it was a cam version.

I saw a film called "Once" a few days back, and it was really quite beautiful. It was played very well, almost documentary like, the actors are genuine and the music was lovely. I recommend it if you are a pussy like me and enjoy love stories that make you cry.

Archived