IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Adaptation, Act I and II are perfect, but I thought the last one was a let-down (Deus Ex Machina) even if it's the only obvious way to do it.

i didn't like the ending of this movie the first time i saw it but i grew to like it a lot. i love the idea of how as soon as his brother starts helping him on his screenplay the movie turns into a more cliched plot

Guest autpt

haven't seen it yet, but Bergman's 'Hour of the Wolf' seems impressive. anyone experienced it?

Guest Gary C
Magnolia 4/4

I love Magnolia.

Also:

JCVD - 6.5/10

Star Trek - 6/10

Blood Diamond - 8/10

i didn't like the ending of this movie the first time i saw it but i grew to like it a lot. i love the idea of how as soon as his brother starts helping him on his screenplay the movie turns into a more cliched plot

Yeah the end of Act II is fascinating, when Robert McKee starts telling him at the bar about his screenplay and not having a Deus Ex Machine. But at the same time, Robert himself *is* one! Anyway what pissed me about Act III is that while it's all cliché (gun fire, car chase, sex, the absurd conversation between brothers while hiding in teh swamp), I was wishing for something... more.

You are what you love, not what loves you

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

underworld rise of the lycans - 4/10

dire 3rd movie. werewolves just as bad but no memorable fight scenes (like the bit in 1or2 where rips the top jaw off or the bit where he gets pushed in helicopter blades ). the only thing memorable is the cliff to sex scene. memorable as the worst sex since since jessie spanno in the pool sex thrashing about lol.

bill nigh is great though. sheen must wonder what hes doing in this movie. did anyone see his brian clough?

also unrelated

http://assets.comics.com/dyn_file/str_strip/284582/

Saw "Up" on Saturday. Very good movie. Usual Pixar quality with the visuals. Lovely lighting, etc. The story had a lot of heart to it as well as a good balance between more adult subject matter (dealing with the death of a loved one and the treatment of senior citizens) and usual slapstick and silliness inherent in kids movies.

8.5/10

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch
underworld rise of the lycans - 4/10

dire 3rd movie. werewolves just as bad but no memorable fight scenes (like the bit in 1or2 where rips the top jaw off or the bit where he gets pushed in helicopter blades ). the only thing memorable is the cliff to sex scene. memorable as the worst sex since since jessie spanno in the pool sex thrashing about lol.

here ya go. save you watching the movie

Not exactly a film but I just finished von Trier's Riget I and II, incredible - 10/10

I really wished he had finished off the series.

funny, I just popped in the Kingom last night and got through the first two (out of 5, I guess) episodes. Pretty good so far, though not really scary yet. The best part was the "epilogue" to the first two episodes where Von Trier pops up on the screen and does his best Rod Serling/Alfred Hitchcock impersonation.

just to follow up on this, finished the Kingdom (Riget) last night. The 3 part 2 episodes are weirder and funnier than the first two episodes, but I didn't enjoy them as much. The ending was pure lol. Someone should do a compilation of all the Udo Kier bit parts in films as it would have to be one of the funniest and most disturbing montages ever.

I really liked the series overall but didn't feel any desire to see it continued after the last episode "cliffhanger." To me it feels fully contained, and was starting to lose its grounding in "reality" by the end, anyway. 8/10.

Guest analogue wings
Not exactly a film but I just finished von Trier's Riget I and II, incredible - 10/10

I really wished he had finished off the series.

You're welcome :)

crank 2 0/10

stopped watching after exactly 5 minutes

crank 2 7.5/10

why didn't you like it

Don't worry Chris I'll field this one.

Because it's shit, that's why.

crank 2 0/10

crank 2 7.5/10

why didn't you like it

im sure cma is glad you are speaking for him, not that he would have replied with anything that required any more thought.

hating crank/crank2 just highlights the fact that you are a humorless cunt

crank 2 0/10

crank 2 7.5/10

why didn't you like it

im sure cma is glad you are speaking for him, not that he would have replied with anything that required any more thought.

hating crank/crank2 just highlights the fact that you are a humorless cunt

Of course it does! Well spotted.

Do you get that upset whenever anyone else disagrees with your opinion too?

Besides, don't be hating, at least cma lasted five minutes, I turned the film off before I'd even turned it on.

i suppose i was a bit quick to judge there, but the crank movies are a lot of mindless fun, made especially enjoyable if you are intoxicated.

i dont really see much to hate about them.

i suppose i was a bit quick to judge there, but the crank movies are a lot of mindless fun, made especially enjoyable if you are intoxicated.

i dont really see much to hate about them.

Jason Statham? I'm just throwing ideas around here, but that seems like one thing to hate.

I haven't seen either Crank, mindless fun sounds like my kind of thing (ie Machine Girl!) but I admit I'm put off by films with Statham in.

crank 2 was just as campy and fun as (if not more than) machine girl, which was a bit poorly paced and dragged alot (imo)

although you may render anything i say invalid, as i like jason statham (no homo)

Archived