IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Bunny and the Bull - 4/10 was like a mix of the Science of Sleep and The Odd Couple, all of the cheesey corn art direction of TSOS and the (not nearly as well written) buddy match up gimmick of the Odd Couple, with a little Fear and Loathing thrown in for cool derivation.....had to turn it off, might finish it some day, might not, isn't funny in the slightest imo

BAD WARP X, BAD!!!!

I need to see 'Four Lions' to make up for this what should have been good, but not good film...

:facepalm:

4/10 is generous!

have you seen/did you like the mighty boosh?

i was surprised noel and julian even remotely associated themselves with this piece of crap, 2nd rate, rip-off... i switched it off after about 20 minutes. absolutely hated the actors, characters, plot, style, etc.

mighty boosh ftw.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

an ex-boyfriend of my ex-girlfriend directed Joshua

you kids break up because she said you weren't directorish enough in the sack?

FilmCut.gif

LOL!

FilmCut.gif

LOL!

are you LOL!ing at yourself? that's disgusting.

Bunny and the Bull - 4/10 was like a mix of the Science of Sleep and The Odd Couple, all of the cheesey corn art direction of TSOS and the (not nearly as well written) buddy match up gimmick of the Odd Couple, with a little Fear and Loathing thrown in for cool derivation.....had to turn it off, might finish it some day, might not, isn't funny in the slightest imo

BAD WARP X, BAD!!!!

I need to see 'Four Lions' to make up for this what should have been good, but not good film...

:facepalm:

4/10 is generous!

have you seen/did you like the mighty boosh?

i was surprised noel and julian even remotely associated themselves with this piece of crap, 2nd rate, rip-off... i switched it off after about 20 minutes. absolutely hated the actors, characters, plot, style, etc.

mighty boosh ftw.

Indeed, I was being generous and I lower it to a 2/10 because I finished watching the whole terrible, contrived, derivitive mess....

Thought it might be entertaining due to the Boosh connections....

Such a disappointment...

FilmCut.gif

LOL!

Fuckin' wierd BFC!

If you want an answer, here's one...

She wanted to move to California for culinary school and I didn't want to (couldn't afford it)

Directorish???

the true LOL hidden here.... :emotawesomepm9:

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

FilmCut.gif

LOL!

Fuckin' wierd BFC!

If you want an answer, here's one...

She wanted to move to California for culinary school and I didn't want to (couldn't afford it)

Directorish???

the true LOL hidden here.... :emotawesomepm9:

dewd there was at least 3 bludy ovbious lolz in that zinger yallz was just to scurred to admit it hehe

so what your saying is she left you for a director in cali?

case in point

Hahahahaha!

You're Crazy Hilarious!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

no she didn't.....

she actually dated the guitarist from 4 Non Blondes while she was out there.....

Now she is married (not to the guitarist from 4 Non Blondes and not to a director), living in Dallas....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

DAS IST GUT!

JA!

Guest beatfanatic

A Prophet - 9/10

loved the movie except the way everything got resolved in the end. The guy who played "Malik" was amazing.

Guest ataraxy2

Dark Water (a.k. a. Honogurai mizu no soko kara).

Loved most everything about this movie except for a few minor grips. It's like The Shining, Ring, and Rosemary's Baby had sex and out came this. One *major* grip would be the way the ending after the ending was pulled off,

it felt surreal which is great... but it also felt trite and too cheesy - bad way to end a good film IMO.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

bad lieutenant port of call new orleans 8/10

first off why put up a caption saying "new orleans"? the clue is in the title. second why put up a caption saying "just after hurricane katrina..." - couldn't you show that in one flood shot? jeez bad start. but overall i enjoyed it. more story/action driven than my son my son and than i expected too. nick cage was great, he looks so broken the entire time. the scene with the crack/"soul dancing" and iguana scenes were worth price of admission alone. plus eva mendez. gonna score it high for pure enjoyment. disclaimer: i've never done crack or cocaine or heroin

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

bad lieutenant port of call new orleans 8/10

first off why put up a caption saying "new orleans"? the clue is in the title. second why put up a caption saying "just after hurricane katrina..." - couldn't you show that in one flood shot? jeez bad start. but overall i enjoyed it. more story/action driven than my son my son and than i expected too. nick cage was great, he looks so broken the entire time. the scene with the crack/"soul dancing" and iguana scenes were worth price of admission alone. plus eva mendez. gonna score it high for pure enjoyment. disclaimer: i've never done crack or cocaine or heroin

i don't understand why he wasn't killed at the end. bigfate knew he set him up so why wouldnt he get his boys to fuck up terry? why wouldnt terry expect it?

answer to your question: cause they didn't have the balls to be as good as the original :emotawesomepm9:

i'm actually kind of sad Abel Ferrera's Bad Lieutenant doesn't get more praise around here, the new one was kind of a mess for me

I thought the new one was a comedy...

but entertaining....

The first one is a tragedy, a brilliant one....

The unrated version will fuck your mind!

INTENSE and beautiful and ugly and amazing....

Guest Z_B_Z

i love the original, and herzogs version to a lesser extent, but the two fims are incredibly different.. no point in comapring them imo

its odd, abel ferraras bad lieutenant is so incredibly great, but i havent seen anything else from him that even comes close to it. my guess is that much of the credit for the films success (artistically) should go to (aside from harvey keitel) zoe lund, the films writer. ive read up on her a bit in the past and she strikes me as a very interesting figure. she makes a couple of cameo appearances in the film as well. she was also in an earlier film by ferrara called ms. 45, but i wasnt that impressed with it.. its worth watching, but it didnt really stick with me... a good revenge/exploitation flick, nothing more.. some intersting vids of her discussing bad lieutenant-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g68u0cARNjk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POb1Ge5z634

ms. 45 trailer -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GObRvQexOmI

Guest GrandPopPoplock

Quarantine- 5/10

I will never understand why a director would make an almost shot for shot remake . I would give it a lower rating , but the effects were good and the key scare moments were executed quite well .

In the end...the movie is pointless .

Quarantine- 5/10

I will never understand why a director would make an almost shot for shot remake . I would give it a lower rating , but the effects were good and the key scare moments were executed quite well .

In the end...the movie is pointless .

i kind of liked this movie until i realized it was another 'mutant disease causes symptoms remarkably similar to the zombies in 28 days later' kind of movie. So many people do rehash zombie movies in such shitty unoriginal ways. What happened to the days of Dawn of the Dead, Return of the Living Dead they don't make them like they used to that's for sure (and by that i mean good, not shit)

The first one is a tragedy, a brilliant one....

The unrated version will fuck your mind!

INTENSE and beautiful and ugly and amazing....

oh christ there is an unrated version??? the only one i've seen is NC-17 and it's so intense and in your face i can't imagine it being much worse.

its not a remake though. how much is it related?

the general theme of the movie is very much the same, except the main difference being that Kietel in the original is already a heavily fucked up drug addict at scene #1 and is already in the late stages of his downward spiral to rock bottom. They don't do much to explain how he got that way and where he's going but i think as a movie it was a lot tighter and more of just a strange voyeuristic view into a cop's life who is slowly killing himself. The actual story is pretty different but they both incur huge gambling debts and do lots of crack. Not much overt comedy in the original.

Dagon - 6/10 , ambitious HP lovecraft adaption on a very low budget. Had some great moments but mostly was kind of a mess.

King of the Ants - first half - 9/10, second half - 4/10 . Movie started out very promising and becomes a kind of hard to watch thriller because it's so intense then the plot takes a pretty unrealistic direction and gets silly

All that Jazz - 7/10, a lot more depressing and fast-paced than i was expecting . I guess they are trying to edit the movie kind of like in a speedy way since Bob Fosse is supposed to be on dexedrine the whole time. I can see why it one cannes that year, it seems ahead of it's time as far as an American movie is concerned.

King of the Ants - first half - 9/10, second half - 4/10 . Movie started out very promising and becomes a kind of hard to watch thriller because it's so intense then the plot takes a pretty unrealistic direction and gets silly

I can see that, although it was strangely satisfying to see the scenario played out.

ALTHOUGH:

The coincidental murder then living in the widow's house and falling in love was a bit 'tarded. Oh hey, Levar Burton is going to be on T&E this week.

Salame.

8/10

Archived