IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Z_B_Z

it always takes me a little while to warm to british comedy shows, but im currently loving 'snuff box'. some hilariously dark bits.

514rBDhw9ZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pulsewarrior

fando y lis - 8/10. absurd, surreal, disjointed, visceral, a great watch. jodorowski was a maniac.

ive been waiting like a year to see trash humpers. they need to just release it online.

:cisfor:

i'm watching a great documentary series at the moment called ancient aliens that's from the history channel. awesome watch, you can get it from your favorite friendly torrent site

i just can't get behind that ancient astronauts shit at all. it's like selling short human achievements and innovativeness by saying that ancient people were stupid and couldn't have done stuff without having some damn aliens with their fancy technology helping them out. i am pretty sure that there's a shitload of technology and knowledge that's been lost and re-discovered later throughout human history.

I watched the first part of the documentary last night and... well, it's just a bunch of conspiracy nutcases who think that the old Egyptians had airplanes and so on. Some archeologist found a tiny wooden handmade bird and because the wings were made in a certain way it turned out that it was sort of aerodynamic - except it was missing the tail-piece - and that made them conclude that the old Egyptians had gliders and jets...

Why is this not a plausible conclusion to arrive at? Do you think the ancient Egyptians, not being the stupidest of ancient peoples, would have seen the possibilities of these "winged toys" if built on a larger scale?

i'm watching a great documentary series at the moment called ancient aliens that's from the history channel. awesome watch, you can get it from your favorite friendly torrent site

i just can't get behind that ancient astronauts shit at all. it's like selling short human achievements and innovativeness by saying that ancient people were stupid and couldn't have done stuff without having some damn aliens with their fancy technology helping them out. i am pretty sure that there's a shitload of technology and knowledge that's been lost and re-discovered later throughout human history.

I watched the first part of the documentary last night and... well, it's just a bunch of conspiracy nutcases who think that the old Egyptians had airplanes and so on. Some archeologist found a tiny wooden handmade bird and because the wings were made in a certain way it turned out that it was sort of aerodynamic - except it was missing the tail-piece - and that made them conclude that the old Egyptians had gliders and jets...

Why is this not a plausible conclusion to arrive at? Do you think the ancient Egyptians, not being the stupidest of ancient peoples, would have seen the possibilities of these "winged toys" if built on a larger scale?

Because some of these conspiracy theorists were talking about jets as in

AlphaJet11oClock.jpg

Guest maoam

fando y lis - 8/10. absurd, surreal, disjointed, visceral, a great watch. jodorowski was a maniac.

I saw this once in a cinema in poland with polish subtitles (original language being spanish of course). It was gloriously baffling.

Guest tidbit

dead men dont wear plaid 8.7

pennies from heaven 6

hairspray 6.5

modern problems 6

under the rainbow 5.2

couch trip 5.9

since im playing red dead redemption atm im trying to find some good western films to watch.

i haven't seen the good, the bad and the ugly yet, is it really as good as imdb top 250 says?

also, deadwood, any good?

since im playing red dead redemption atm im trying to find some good western films to watch.

i haven't seen the good, the bad and the ugly yet, is it really as good as imdb top 250 says?

also, deadwood, any good?

You should watch Tombstone. I haven't watched in like 13 years or so but from what I remember it's quite brutal and pretty cool.

Guest futuregirlfriend

data yeah, plus! the man with no name trilogy came out on bluray yesterday if that's your thing. Once upon a time in the West isn't to be missed either, may as watch all of Sergio Leone's westerns to be honest. Clint Eastwood's Pale Rider and High Plains Drifter are def. worth a watch. Seconding Tombstone. Deadwood was really good, and I've got the Lonesome Dove mini series sitting here waiting to be watched as well - anyone seen that? I'll probably watch it all tomorrow night now that you've reminded me.

:beer:

It's page 303.

Yeah, I suck. 25 posts 4 lyfe.

Also. double fail at posting this on page 304. Life on the internet is harsh sometimes.

Guest ruiagnelo

Apocalypse Now - 10/10 195 minutes of cinematic ecstacy.

YES. And that man on your avatar does a pretty good journalist.

EDIT: I really enjoyed the soundtrack too. So absorbing.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

data yeah, plus! the man with no name trilogy came out on bluray yesterday if that's your thing. Once upon a time in the West isn't to be missed either, may as watch all of Sergio Leone's westerns to be honest. Clint Eastwood's Pale Rider and High Plains Drifter are def. worth a watch. Seconding Tombstone. Deadwood was really good, and I've got the Lonesome Dove mini series sitting here waiting to be watched as well - anyone seen that? I'll probably watch it all tomorrow night now that you've reminded me.

seconded. high plains drifter is my favorite western

its very red dead

Guest ruiagnelo

Just watched Tarkovsky's Stalker again. I don't think i will ever understand the whole story, but the visual and poetic strenght of the movie is what i really love.

EDIT

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

exit through the gift shop 8/10

very enjoyable, entertaining documentary. very funny in parts too. after we left my wife said she thought it might be a fake documentary. some parts real, some parts orchestrated by banksy to tell the story he wanted. at first i dismissed it but then i started thinking who filmed certain scenes. when you're watching it you get so used to it you don't question who is filming. so now i'm not sure. plus i'd never heard of mr brainwash although i believe he does exist. i'm just unsure whether banksy was behind the whole huge show idea to prove that people will buy any garbage street art.

i also thought shepherd farley was a hack and seeing him on film and in kinkos confirmed this for me. obv hes still better than mr brainwash.

i would have liked to have seen more character based artists doing there thing

recommended to everyone

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

4/10 eh I saw it on scnsrc and people are saying it's good enough to watch for free and was literally just about hit play on it... hmmmmm... yeh im lazy as fuck Ima watch it even though I have better things to do

Could someone tell me a bit more about that SPLICE-film? Not about the content or story, just how good it is. Would you recommend it? I know Cube so I believe the Natali guy should be able to pull something good again, but I'm not sure. I like psychological horror, anything creative really, not looking for a standard-monster-movie.

We have these coupons for one theatre in town that run out by the end of june, and the only other things the theatre got to offer are Prince of Persia and that Robin Hood movie.

It's all German dub only though, so I guess I won't really be seeing any of the movies ... or, seeing but not hearing ...

Could someone tell me a bit more about that SPLICE-film? Not about the content or story, just how good it is. Would you recommend it? I know Cube so I believe the Natali guy should be able to pull something good again, but I'm not sure. I like psychological horror, anything creative really, not looking for a standard-monster-movie.

We have these coupons for one theatre in town that run out by the end of june, and the only other things the theatre got to offer are Prince of Persia and that Robin Hood movie.

It's all German dub only though, so I guess I won't really be seeing any of the movies ... or, seeing but not hearing ...

http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?showtopic=43385&view=findpost&p=1328544

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

the score really felt typical suspense drama which pulled me out of the movie a few times as well as the mediocre CGI on the mall explosion but other than that I think it was a 6/10

I can understand why some people are giving this movie really good reviews but 6/10 is pretty accurate if you ask me

I forum-searched that post of yours already, but I kept longing for more opinions ... :wink:

Well my opinions are all you need, everyone here either hates everything or have bad taste :mellow:

JOKING!

:cisfor:

:rolleyes:

Guest abusivegeorge

Essex Boys - good old fashioned British gangster movie, and true story (the same true story which you can find in the more recent film "Rise of the foot soldier", involving a man called Carlton Leach, who is a friend of mine, watched him in an unlicensed box match recently and he fucking kicked ass). The famous Range Rover murders of 1995.

8/10.

Archived