IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Guest kodomo

If you enjoy Jean Pierre Jeune films (city of lost children, delicatessen, amelie...) his latest movie is really good ,n his own way. Quirky characters, quirky machines, original plans :) The movie is called "micmacs". It is a comedy with a surreal touch!

micmacs

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kodomo

wow it has just been mentioned two pages ago, so here is another recommendation :)

"Nirvana" it a cyberpunk movie and it features chritopher lambert, cool movie!

nirvana

el bola (pellet)

a slow start developing into well acted & moving story of a troubled, lonely spanish teenager pushed to breaking point by his abusive father.... !

7.8/10

wow it has just been mentioned two pages ago, so here is another recommendation :)

"Nirvana" it a cyberpunk movie and it features chritopher lambert, cool movie!

nirvana

i used to love this movie when i was hugely into the whole cyberpunk thing back in the day, haven't seen it in ages.

Guest kodomo

by the way if you wana watch some weird japanese sci-fi surreal movie

I recommend "electric dragon 80.000V" I liked it, but cant say the same for my friends hehe :)

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

first i heard of this. seems shane meadows has made a tv show sequel to this is england called this is england 86

the trailer doesn't give much away except to show its shot on vhs or somethin.g plot line? no idea.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/video/2010/jun/29/shane-meadows-this-is-england-86

eastbound and down series 1 8/10

great stuff. very funny and very sad in places too. no second season yet? poo

Guest Adjective

there's some good outtakes too, "stevie's dark secret" and any with ferrell

Repo: The Genetic Opera 11/10

I have never seen something like this!!!!

Musicals will never be the same for me....

Film isn't even film anymore!

Was so good I couldn't even watch the whole thing!

and congrats Benedict on liking something! I was beginning to think you were a dupe of Mr Salads, Zaphod, or Ben Mirezzi Overlook the III...I still dig your music though man, hope you don't hate your music as well! :wink:

and congrats Benedict on liking something! I was beginning to think you were a dupe of Mr Salads, Zaphod, or Ben Mirezzi Overlook the III...I still dig your music though man, hope you don't hate your music as well! :wink:

i like lots of things. most recently i went recommending crazy over exit through the gift shop.

there's some good outtakes too, "stevie's dark secret" and any with ferrell

i saw the outtakes before i saw the show. someone must have posted them on here.

just watched the making of on youtube too

greenberg

not nearly as good as the squid and the whale, also, ben stillers character annoyed me throughout, good acting i suppose.

micmacs 5/10

really wanted to like it but everything i used to like about jeunet films just felt kind of shit in this film. could be me or could be the film...? i should rewatch delicatessen and we'll see.

possibly because i had a cough and the popcorn was dry and made it worse and i had to eat cough sweets throughout and hold in coughing fits. coud have ruined the movie for me but i think there was lots to dislike about this and not a whole lot to like.

french jason seagal lol

Una giornata particolare (1977)

Very well crafted movie about a meeting between a gay intellectual and ordinary housewife during the rise of fascism in Italy. 5/5

Shutter Island

Really enjoyed it, great hitchcock-suspense, plot-twisty and good actors.

Toy Story 3

I thought I'd enjoy it alot more. I felt like it was kind of aimless, as if they didn't know whether to aim it at people like me who grew up with the first Toy Story or the new kids, so they kind of mashed scenes for both target audiences together and it didn't really work out. The essential plot wasn't that engagin. There were some good scenes though.

Green Zone

Dull.

greenberg

not nearly as good as the squid and the whale, also, ben stillers character annoyed me throughout, good acting i suppose.

I'm watching it right now. It seems alright. I laughed a bit at the English guy when Greenburg says, "Life is wasted on people" because his friend has this completely dumbfounded look on his face.

yes nothing says i'm-enjoying-this-film like posting on watmm whilst watching it

Guest Mirezzi

Youth In Revolt - It started out great, if a little on the too much Wes Anderson influence side of things. I love Arteta. Chuck and Buck is an underrated masterpiece. Freaks and Geeks is likely the best sitcom ever made. Youth, however, was more confusing than anything else. Right at the point the alterego is introduced, it started to feel like a lazily adapted novel and not enough like a good movie. I liked Cera showing some range here though and not resorting to George Michael shit entirely. Zach G was good for laughs every time. The photography was clever and not too self-indulgent. In the end, it was Me, Myself, and Irene meets Coming of Age Summer Romance: Volume 1,319,406. It would go nicely on a shelf next to Art School Confidential. For my money, because of the amusing comparisons that can be made to Bresson's Pickpocket, I'd pick Art School any day.

Archived