IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Adjective

The Pope of Greenwich Village

5/10

i rate it neutral because i don't regret watching it.

pretty bad but Eric Robert's cartoonish performance is pretty hilarious.

The Trouble With Harry

7.5/10

adorable movie, and i loved the oldschool wit

not sure how to rate it because it's not necessarily a film that will impact you, it's just fun

Torn Curtain

6/10

don't really recommend, but not bad. the russians are ridiculous in this

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest futuregirlfriend

like the characters embarrassed you?

Pretty much. The things they said, the faces the crowds pulled at the camera. I was just thinking, "Oh, are you serious?" Nah, I didn't enjoy it but I wouldn't mind giving the others a look.

Pretty much. The things they said, the faces the crowds pulled at the camera. I was just thinking, "Oh, are you serious?" Nah, I didn't enjoy it but I wouldn't mind giving the others a look.

so you saw #1 the one about the late 70s american punk rock world (the germs, fear, etc) ? that one is probably my least favorite

the 2nd one is the best and was made previously to spinal tap (believe it or not) but it resembles spinal tap very closely except its REAL not a mockumentary

The Trouble With Harry

7.5/10

not sure how to rate it because it's not necessarily a film that will impact you, it's just fun

Torn Curtain

6/10

have not seen either of these, i've been meaning to watch more of Hitchcock's less popular films. I just recently saw Frenzy and was pretty blown away by how good it was.

North by northwest i only recently saw and i was not disappointed. I also saw Family Plots which was a strange film, too bad Hitchcock ended on such an average film.

Guest Adjective

so you saw #1 the one about the late 70s american punk rock world (the germs, fear, etc) ? that one is probably my least favorite

the 2nd one is the best and was made previously to spinal tap (believe it or not) but it resembles spinal tap very closely except its REAL not a mockumentary

The Trouble With Harry

7.5/10

Torn Curtain

6/10

have not seen either of these, i've been meaning to watch more of Hitchcock's less popular films. I just recently saw Frenzy and was pretty blown away by how good it was.

North by northwest i only recently saw and i was not disappointed. I also saw Family Plots which was a strange film, too bad Hitchcock ended on such an average film.

i definitely recommend The Trouble with Harry. seems to have endless quotables throughout, very playful dialogue, and i'm crushing pretty hard on 1955 Shirley MacLaine.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

transporter3 6/10

i liked how they tried to connect him and his car more in this one. i liked when he stripped to fight. i liked the ginger freckly bird.

i didnt like how they make frank do things which we all know frank wouldnt do. i know i shouldnt expect believability in statham movie but itts distractign when you're trying to enjoy a movie and one minute hes kicks 20 guys asses then the next minute 3 guys with guns and hes given up. he would have destroyed those guys but then there would be no movie. and why can he be half naked but all we see of her are bare legs. boo. and how did he get the car on two wheels without a ramp? i hated the fast cut editing on the movie too.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Wanted:

It's like if you took The Matrix, Fight Club, and Office Space, cut up random parts, and inserted the pieces into a Mad-Lib.

Sure, there are some cool parts, but you've seen them before... In better films. Films that made sense.

yeah, i hated that flick. It seems playful enough but the subtext I found disturbing. It's like the empowerment fantasy of someone who would grow up to be a serial killer.

couldnt even watch that on a plane is was so bad. skinny angelina is disgusting too

Guest futuregirlfriend

In The Loop. Really good. Perhaps because his writing is so identifiable, but in my head half the characters were speaking with Armando Iannucci's voice.

Shoot to Kill. Sometimes it seemed confused about what sort of film it was and there were some really bad lines, but I still found it enjoyable. Hope I'm looking as good at 60 as Sidney Poitier was in this.

Wanted:

It's like if you took The Matrix, Fight Club, and Office Space, cut up random parts, and inserted the pieces into a Mad-Lib.

Sure, there are some cool parts, but you've seen them before... In better films. Films that made sense.

yeah, i hated that flick. It seems playful enough but the subtext I found disturbing. It's like the empowerment fantasy of someone who would grow up to be a serial killer.

couldnt even watch that on a plane is was so bad. skinny angelina is disgusting too

yeah she looked so sick.

Guest olson

today i watched badlands for the first time. at first i was like what is going on these people are assholes but then by the end of the movie i realized they are not supposed to be sympathetic and was like that was a good movie. then i rewatched days of heaven cause that movie is awesome. i have yet to see the thin red line or the other world (though i'm not quite as interested in the latter) so i will probably watch those sometime soon.

the new world i mean.

i can't vouch for new world but i recently rewatched thin red line...it's really good. Some parts I almost tear up at, other parts strike me as a bit false (the erotic flashbacks in particular). No denying the Force is with Malick, though. Love Nick Nolte in it.

Adaptation

9/10

probably the only Nicolas Cage movie that I have enjoyed...

True.

I just watched Frygtelig Lykkelig (Terribly Happy). A Danish movie about a cop who moves out into the middle of nowhere and becomes the village constable. Even though it's a very small town things aren't what they appear to be. It was quite good. Very different from what Danish movies usually are.

Adaptation

9/10

Adaptation is a great film, but for more awesome Cage-ness checkout David Lynch's Wild At Heart.... and also the Coen's Raising Arizona.

I went and saw pixar's UP and enjoyed it quite a bit.

Guest olson

Adaptation

9/10

True.

I just watched Frygtelig Lykkelig (Terribly Happy). A Danish movie about a cop who moves out into the middle of nowhere and becomes the village constable. Even though it's a very small town things aren't what they appear to be. It was quite good. Very different from what Danish movies usually are.

i liked it when it was called hot fuzz

Guest analogue wings

Choke 4/10 - They did a Watchmen on this one. A very faithful (as far as i remember) adaptation of the book, complete with voice over a la fight club.

By "faithful" I mean mechanical, superficial, and missing the point completely.

Choke 4/10 - They did a Watchmen on this one. A very faithful (as far as i remember) adaptation of the book, complete with voice over a la fight club.

By "faithful" I mean mechanical, superficial, and missing the point completely.

lol.

Finally saw Unbreakable last night. Only other Shamalayan I've seen was 6th Sense, but I've had the impression he's a hack and that's deterred me from checking out his other films.

It was ok. 7/10. Great concept, but some unbelievable characterization, lame dialogue, and unintentionally funny scenes.

Guest jubes

2 films you cernainely have to see

the graduate (edward norton compares it to fight club)

Take the money and run (woody allen's favorite film)

Guest jubes

Butthole Diving Vol 32 (Tom Cruises' favourite film!)

Nanny Love Vol. 456 (My favourite film)

you will find that 24hourppl and 9 songs will be great also

Archived