IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Al Hounos

Memories of Murder - Beautifully shot, suspenseful and engrossing from start to finish. A really heartbreaking (true) story as well. 10/10

i LOVE this movie, need to watch it again soon

Make sure to watch The Chaser and Madeo as well

will do... also getting Shi right now too... I know I've said it before, but Korea has been putting out way more than its fair share of fantastic movies this century.

also lol at them using the konglish pronunciation of 'mother' as the english title...

Guest Al Hounos

Exit Through the Gift Shop - This was not at all what I expected. Still setting in how hilariously, deliciously perfect this movie turned out to be.

Also, maybe it was the editing, but Banksy has great comedic wit and delivery... his remarks towards the end had me rollin'.

101/101 :emotawesomepm9:

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

yeah everyone should see exit through the gift shop and if they don't like it they might just be dead

127 Hours - 6/10

What the fuck, Boyle? What the fuck is up with the music you pick for your movies? This movie could had been so much better if you had just kept it clean. Oh, and fuck you Dido.

Metagraffiti - Interesting collection of unconventional graff films. To explain any would just spoil it. Particularly good were the Cleaning Unit, Magic Colorz, various animations and the Subconscious Art of Graffiti Removal bits. Recommended!

i thought this was interesting, would be interested to know what others here think.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

wayne's world 2 6/10

like 1 but less funny. same jokes basically. still good but i can see why didnt make #3

its not that the laughing is racist, its the acceptance of how ridiculous such actions were....and yet our ancestors were guilty of it up and down as if there wasn't a problem in the world.

i can't speak for everyone but i was laughing because matter of factly cutting someone off, especially when they're about to die, is funny, not because it was an insight into the plight of the native american...

speaking of funny

never let me go - i know it rains a lot in england and they like repressed courtly love stories and ishiguro loves taking the japanese "life is but a fart floating among sakura petals on the spring wind" thing to its absolute limit, but can we maybe lighten up a bit? this tied with transformers 2 as the most depressing movie i've ever seen.

Guest disparaissant

black swan

i dunno, 7/10

i hate ballet with a fiery passion so a good half of the movie bored the fuck out of me, but the other half was really well done. and natalie portman can actually act!!! wow!

also mila can go down on me any day.

centurion ... i was intensely interested and then it dropped off

somewhere after they raid the pick camp in an attempt to save the general

shame about that really

and also the clumsy love story, and the lack of development for the less than friendly comrade

perhaps the film needed to be 20 minutes longer, just to help things evolve a little more, without of course messing with the pacing, Because i enjoyed not having to wait around.

House of the Devil - Scary as fuck and brilliant /10

LOLZ wtf

i'd agree that the ending was pretty cheesy and not very scary at all, but up until then it's easily the best / most effective horror movie i've seen in ages.

the-last-starfighter_alex_rogan_gam.jpg

6/10

kinda wish i hadn't rewatched this one, the cgi is horrible. i'll take stuttering stop motion over mid 80's cgi any day.

Archived